Escape

More than a Pretty face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were in leave today and we're here loafing in our dorm, not given the privilege to atleast go out for coffee, a walk, or even bask in the sun. I didn't mind really, I'm in a peaceful state in all honesty, and that is because I was able to talk to a certain someone whose been one of the reasons of me having sleepless nights, fussing over what her name was and what kind of girl she was. And I stand corrected, she was actually far more than that. She may have a mature and calm demeanor but in truth she's actually quirky, funny, and just so full of life. A beep from my phone plucked me out of my thoughts and I swiped the unlock button eagerly as I saw the contact name.

Haeun: I saw your live broadcast with weekly idol, it's so pitiful that you can't even go out. Why is that?

Me: Well, we don't know really. I think it's because we're still not in the same level and fame as our SISTAR-noona's. Freedom is probably earned in our agency, or maybe that's just how our manager discipline us. 

In 3 minutes or so a beep came again. I noticed one thing in our conversations we always have a 3-minute gap, when you don't reply by that alotted time the other person turn frantic, which again was not in my nature to turn frantic by a simple text message.

Haeun: Aigoo~ You must really miss your parents.

Me: Yeah, I really do. Your lucky you're with your parents.

I stared at the ceiling for a while counting in my head the seconds that passed but three minutes has gone and she didn't reply. Trying to think logically, I tried to assure to myself ,that maybe she just went to the bathroom or grabbed something to eat. Waiting for another five minutes I occupied myself with a book but it was a bad idea since it was the book with Haeun's name scribbled all over the pages ,thus making worry sprout inside me. Was it probably something I said?

Me:Haeun?

Counting down in my head again, a second before 3 minutes, a text  finally came.

Haeun: Yeah? I'm sorry, I just remembered something.

Me: Not to pry. But, what is it that troubles you?

Haeun: My parents are dead, my mom passed away last year because of skin cancer and my dad died when I was 8.

Bringing a hand to slap my forehead in shame. Chae Hyungwon, you are a ginormous idiot.

Me: Mianhae. I should've known it was personal matters.

My mom always told me that I should be careful with what I say to girls because girls are immensely fragile creatures, that's why they tend to cry on little things sometimes. And unknowingly I did that to a girl who actually saved my life, I should be showing gratitude not rudeness.

Haeun: Kencha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter