Sunkissed

More than a Pretty face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sight of my members happily enjoying the waves of the ocean was an endearing sight and I absolutely adored the warmth of the sun whenever we're at the beach,but for now I sacrificed that warmth and brought Haeun on a cloudy day, obscuring any rays of sunlight shining down on us. 

She's currently with my unnie getting changed, she was rather stubborn at first, and I couldn't blame her since its gonna be her first time to show so much skin that was ultrasensitive to sunlight.Unnie convinced her that sweaters aren't the proper attire in beach outings and managed to feign sadness since Haeun was easily moved by sad people. I, too, urged her to do so since I wanted her to do new things, which what she has been doing to me the past few days.

A great amount of time already passed and they still haven't returned, I decided to lie on my back for now and do cloudwatching.  A stratus cloud formed an ice cream making me recall our first memory of us declaring our friendship, then a cumulus cloud passed by in the form of a swimsuit and then a cirrus one forming into the face of Haeun. Shaking my head in disbelief ,I opened my eyes again and caught sight of a normal cloud.

Why was I thinking of Haeun? And for a second there an image of Haeun in a swimsuit appeared in my head. My hand moved on its own accord and slapped my cheek, trying to slap some sense on why I thought of such erted things.

"Hyungwon!" My sister's voice called from afar.

Relieved that her voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I sat up to greet them back but I could feel my mouth fall open as my gaze landed on Haeun in a pastel pink bikini top and some shorts which contrasted quite well to her ash gray hair, adding an illusion as if it was shining a silvery radiance. I willed myself to look away because you don't stare at a female friend in a wide span of time and have such erted thoughts like how slender her frame actually was and that  Haeun who even though was a petite girl and quite an opposite to my sister who was tall and statuesque as she walked side by side with her, she oozed iness and not cuteness, or that her pale skin wasn't actually pale as a ghost but also had a healthy glow, a creamy complexion even, or that-- Chae hyungwon, snap out of it. You're only thinking about her skin because you're starting to worry. Yes, that's probably it.

"She's melting Hyungwon." a whisper said in my ear.

Jumping from the sound of that person's voice-which was from Wonho by the way- I couldn't help but also scream aloud in the process since I am easily surprised when lost in thought.

"Seriously!? You could've told me you're there." I said in exasperation.

Wonho only rolled his eyes, laughed and gave me a knowing look. "I see why you like her."

Sneaking another glance at Haeun, I tried to look for the thing Wonho was pertaining. "If its looks, you know I'm not one to judge by physical aspects, unlike the likes of you."

"No, no you pabo-and what do you mean by the likes of me? As I was saying, She's a smarty pants, I listened to her rant about art history for quite some time at the ride going here. And I must say she's got a talent to lecture that without making me fall asleep, and she makes good ramen, did you know she cooked me one last night. I woke up around 2 a.m in the morning cause I felt hungry and she--"

His words seem to die down in my ears, and something unsettling bubbled at the pits of my stomach. I had this sudden urge to punch Wonho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter