chapter eight

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAERA

 

Am I still mad? I don’t know. Watching my husband walk back and forth in our room while our son was peacefully sleeping right on our bed, I can’t help but to chuckle. I already told him that Jongyul’s crib is now clean from his puke but he insisted to let the baby sleep with us tonight. Not that I don’t want to, of course I do. Jongyul’s fever, fortunately, has gone down. Baekhyun also made a quick visit to the pediatrician’s clinic to get a prescription medicine for our sick angel which made him recover much faster.

How about the issue yesterday?

Have we recovered from it?

I can’t even feel my anger from yesterday anymore.

“Hey, you haven’t eaten lunch and it’s already two in the afternoon.” I speak as I lean on the door frame of our bedroom. Baekhyun stops from walking to turn to me only to go to the bed and sit again. “You go eat first, he might wake up and cry if he realizes he’s alone.” He answers. His voice was gentle, gentle enough to make me smile.

But I try to hide it.

“Not that I’m waiting for you. I just think you’re still overreacting. He’s gonna be fine.” I said with my arms crossed on my chest. I suddenly remembered I kissed him earlier, out of reflex. I just couldn’t help but do when I saw his very panicky expression that always gets me worried. Well that makes us good now right? After all, I told him to give me some space and he did. I doubt if he even slept at all. Last night, ‘til midnight, I had a broken sleep and I felt him awake the whole time.

He indeed gave me space, he didn’t even come close to hug me, or take advantage of me sleeping.

 “Earlier. . . you were so calm. How did you do that. I was exploding inside out of worry.” I hear him mutter, his voice suddenly turned all innocent. So I walk into the room and went to his side. I just stood there and tried to think what to do. The tip of my tongue went on my upper lip as I hesitantly placed a hand on his back tracing it to his shoulder.

He looks up to me.

I shuddered.

“There’s the two of us. His parents. There’s nothing to worry about. So I was calm.” I answer his question without making eye-contact. Although my eyes were stuck in space, I could see from my peripheral view that he was still looking up to me intently. “You’re just naturally panicky.” I added and rubbed the tip of my nose. “Is the space still existing?” He asks.

Crap. He’s so cute.

He’s at it now.

“Tch. As if you cared of its existence. Who knows, you might have taken advantage of me while I was sleeping. You’re a sneaky hamster.” I mocked only to be grabbed and pulled down until I land on his lap. This time, I didn’t hide the fact that I was smiling. So I was sitting sideways on his lap and our eyes met. His hands sneak around my waist for support. “I was an .” He muttered, his gaze was enticing. I feel myself drowning in his adorable droopy eyes. “Agree.” I answer back, one arm slinging over his neck making our bodies much closer.

My body bounced a little when he jerked his legs.

He’s treating me like a kid again.

But I don’t mind.

“And I’m sorry for being an .” He adds, his chin settles onto the cap of my shoulder. “Okay fine. Peace.” I said and made a peace sign to which he responded with the same hand gesture. “Kiss.” He puckers his lips and so I lean down for a quick peck. We then turned to look at Jongyul, luckily, his expression looks calmer now compared to earlier. “Your blood is so strong. It’s like your face was slammed onto his when they took him out of me.” I tease.

I mean, Jongyul barely shared features with me.

Who knows, he might be a dancer when he grows up.

That would make him much more of a lady-killer than he already might be because of his father’s features.

“He could have died if they did that though.” Baekhyun answers, not even playing along with my joke. “Could you just shut up? Fine, I’m not funny. You don’t have to point it out.” I ask earning a smug chuckle from him. “By the way, you’re supposed to go to work today right? Did you ask permission not to?” I change the topic and shifted my body in a more comfortable way on his lap.

“Yes, I called the team. They said they can handle it without me today. They aren’t doing any demo yet anyway.” He answers and rests his head on my shoulder again. We both adored our son once more, none of us talked after that. My heart feels very light now. I remember having a hard time on breathing yesterday. Good thing it didn’t take for long.

Perks of marriage.

You don’t have any choice but to reconcile from such issues – cause they’re considered low. There’s no room for break up or whatever.

So you won’t be hurt for long.

But of course, it depends on the couple, still.

A perk or not, it is what it is.

 

_ _ _

 

I am extremely bored today.

It’s been six months now, Nursing my son with Baekhyun is fun but of course with a combination of exhaustion. “Yul-ah, let’s check Appa inside his studio. Ne?” I wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter