chapter fourteen

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SAERA

 

“What should I cook for dinner later. . .”

Looking through a long section of meat, I try to choose what’s best to cook this time. Beside me is the stroller where my son’s on right now. It’s only been a few weeks since Baekhyun began working on the hotel restaurant and he’s always tired arriving home. I always make it a point to serve him a nice meal after a long day. We argue a lot, we’ve always fought throughout the years but I can say now, it has lessen ever since things got hard, I mean financially.

I don’t know if it’s a good thing but let me assume it is.

Sometimes, a part of me says it’s because we don’t communicate much anymore.

He’s tired and I’m scared to make him more tired if I talk sort of thing.

But still, less arguments mean good to a relationship, right?

Once I’ve decided what ingredient to buy for dinner, I called one attendant to prepare it for me. As I wait, I bend down the stroller and smile seeing how Jongyul fiddled with his pacifier. He’s grown so much, his movements and babbles have improved, a few more months and it’s going to be his first birthday.

I’m so proud of myself. I’m so proud of Baekhyun.

I mean. . . who would have thought?

We were just crying at some point of our lives when we lost our first child.

But look at this little bundle of joy right in front of me.

I couldn’t imagine if I have given up so easily that time. But thanks to my husband, I didn’t.

My enjoyment of watching my own child play by himself was shortly interrupted hearing a voice behind. I stand straight again before turning around to see two familiar girls. “Oh my god~ Jaein, Yuna!” I hop excitedly which was the exact same thing they did before we shared a group hug.

They were my colleagues in ballet back in college.

“Omo~ Is this your kid? How cute~” We pull away from the hug and the two automatically gave their whole attention to Jongyul this time. My eyes dart down to their grocery baskets – as expected of me, they’re all healthy things, vegetables and nothing more. Then looking to mine, I could see how much I’ve changed. I used to be like them before.

“Wow, he looks so much like Baekhyun. Are you still together?” Jaein asked. I sneers and hit her arm lightly. “Of course~ we are happily married.” I answer. “Aww, that’s so sweet. We’ve seen your love grow and it was very admirable. So do you work?” They ask. “No, I’m a housewife.” I answer loud and proud. “Oh my~ are you serious? So you really rejected the offer from New York Ballet Academy?” Yuna asks in shock.

My hand automatically reaches up to the back of my neck.

Oh dear, how to explain.

“Y-yes, of course. You know I got pregnant that time.” I explain and as much as I could, I offered a smile. “But didn’t you have miscarriage? You could have continued after losing it, right?” Yuna asks and got nudged by Jaein. How nice of Jaein. “Yah, that’s so rude. . . Anyway~ moving on. How about Baekhyun? Where does he work? He must be working in a music company now right?” She changes the topic. “Saera, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. . . were you offended?” Yuna murmur softly.

I smile and nod even giving a light press on her arm before turning to Jaein.

“Actually. . . he used to work at a music company but things happened and he’s out of it. But right now, he has a new work.” I answer. I couldn’t decide whether to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter