chapter sixteen

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAERA

 

“It’s so precious, right?~” I dreamily said while glancing at my husband who had his eyes darted down my phone screen. Earlier this afternoon, Jongyul supported himself to stand while holding onto the couch for the first time and was also able to cruise himself onto the edges. I just had to take a video of it so Baekhyun could see it as well. “I was so shocked earlier. I was just cooking and so I left him there to play and when I came back I ju—honey? Are you crying?” A smile slowly formed on my lips see Baekhyun’s watery eyes.

He looks away and wiped his eyes.

“Hey~” I put an arm over his shoulders and pressed his arm. He lets out a shy chuckle as he replays the video for the nth time. “God—I just can’t believe he was just in your tummy before. Now, he can stand alone.” He hushes and our eyes met. “Ma-ma-ma~” Our son who was crawling down the play foam stops on my feet and began pulling himself up again. It made us look down to him completely and Baekhyun smiled with so much joy. “Good boy.” He muffle in between sniffs.

He’s nature of being emotional will always be there.

Even how hard situations get where he has to be tough and be the man of the house.

He will always be my crybaby by the end of the day.

Jongyul was looking up at us and was giggling nonstop. “Jongyul’s a good boy, ne? Come?” I open my palms wide and my son bounces on his position, still holding onto my kneecaps. “Ab-ba~” He then turns to Baekhyun. It always amazes me how much he recognizes our roles in his life already. “Geez, you’re too cute. I can’t stand it anymore.” Baekhyun groans like a kid and lifted Jongyul into his arms.

He gave our son plenty of kisses all around his face earning loads of giggles from the kid. “By the way, how’s work?” I ask making my husband turn to me. He put Jongyul on his lap first before nodding. “Everything’s fine. All the same.” He said still with his sweet smile. He’s lying. I know something happened but I don’t how to actually say that I knew about it.

About what my mother did.

“Hello? Eomma, why did you call?” I lowered the heat on the stove first before walking to the dining table. It’s a surprise my Mom called. She’s always busy with business and if she wants to talk to me, she would come visit. “Baekhyun is a server in a restaurant??” I hear my mother’s loud and furious voice which made me flinch. “Eomma, I told you he works in a hotel right? It’s there.” I explain. “No, but you didn’t make it clear. A server??” She asks again.

“Why, Eomma? Did you meet?” I ask and just chuckle it out. “Isn’t he the most handsome server in the world?” I kid around. Well, I certainly mean what I said. Baekhyun is too handsome to be a server, but he damn works it out effortlessly. “Well unfortunately, I did meet him in that restaurant. Do you know how embarrassing it was??” She snorts. “Why, what happened?” I ask and I know it’s another nag of hers so I act like I’m actually interested.

“He greeted me and called me Eomonim!” She exclaimed. “Uhm. . . Eomma, I don’t think that’s embarrassing. It is never embarrassing to be polite in front of your in-law you know.” I explain. One thing I am very proud of about Baekhyun, even how much my mother degrades him, he never acted impolite in front of her. He’s always smiling and nice to her. “It is! I was with some business partners. He embarrassed me.” Eomma whines.

I sigh trying to process her anger about this situation.

It doesn’t make any sense.

“I don’t think your business partners would have minded it to see you have a relative who works as a server. It’s a decent job.” I answer. “And who told you I said he’s a relative? I excused the two of us for a little while to talk to him. I told him to act like he doesn’t know me until we leave. It was easy to lie. I just told my business partners I always eat there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter