chapter twenty-four

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAERA

 

“Is he asleep now?”

Turning to the door, I see my mother in law standing there. I had just finished washing the exhausted birthday boy up and put him to sleep. Baekhyun’s parents decided to stay until he comes back from driving my mom home. “Yes, Eomonim. He had so much fun with the guests and his gifts, he’s asleep within a minute.” I answer softly and skipped out to her. I step out and close the door while smiling shyly.

“By the way, Eomonim, mind if we talk?”

“Yeah, sure. What is it about?” Eomonim asks as we go to the kitchen. Abeonim is in the living room watching TV. “I just want to. . . say sorry if ever Baekhyun has mentioned you my mother’s behavior towards him.” I speak. We both sat on the high chairs by the kitchen counter. She heaves a sigh while looking down. “Dear, your husband might have mentioned it once or twice and I wouldn’t deny that I feel bad every time he does. But. . . that’s reality. I mean. . . I once had a problem with Baekhyun’s grandparents too before.” She tells and I just give a nod letting her go on.

She looks at me and pu a hand on top of mine. “Baekhyun, even before when you were still a young couple, always told me how focused and dedicated you were in everything you do and I could see why and it’s because she’s always there to support you, right? Your mother’s very protective of you and everything about you. I already predicted what will happen when you guys got married.” She explains.

I feel so bad, even she accepts it.

She’s so like Baekhyun or probably, she was the one who explained him.

“I know but. . . Eomonim, believe me I’ve always tried to fix things between her and Baekhyun. My mom just. . . had so much planned for me before I got married. Since then, she has put this grudge on him because she thinks he ruined all of it. And I’m sorry.” I mutter in guilt. “Saera-yah, us mother, have different ways of raising our children. How I raised Baekhyun is different from how your mother did to you. What your mother was able to give you, I am not sure if I could give as much or the same to him. So I’m not in the place, not even Baekhyun, to question how much she can up to this minute.” She assures which made my heart ease up.

I’m so lucky to have a very kind-hearted parents in law.

Baekhyun just gave me so much but I couldn’t even give him the same.

“Baekhyun said the same thing.” I shyly chuckle while fiddling with my fingers. “He should. At first when he approached me about this issue, he was complaining so much. I just made him understand and reflect especially now that you two are parents.” She tells and we both laughed softly. “And you know. . . I could see that your mother isn’t a bad person. If she is, she would be like that to everyone. It’s obvious that she just feels bad about Baekhyun until now. Don’t worry, time will come that she’s going to appreciate him. Let’s not give up, alright?” She moves closer to me and pats my hair.

She’s right.

I shouldn’t give up. We shouldn’t give up.

I myself know my mother. She is indeed not a bad person, she’s just affected of the past situation causing her to act inappropriate.

“Anyway, do you want coffee Eomonim?” I ask and got off the chair. “Oh I would love to.” She answers with a sweet smile. So I walk to the coffee maker and started preparing. “By the way, I am quite surprised earlier when I saw Haewon here. So you guys know each other well?” She asks making me turn. “Yes. We do know each other, we’ve met more than once already, Eomonim.” I answer. “It was really alright with you when Baekhyun decided to accept her job offer?” She asks.

“Well. . . As first, I was worried but after reflecting on it, I think she really does have good intentions. And Baekhyun reassured me that.” I explain while getting water. “Well changing the topic. Dear, are you really starving yourself again?” She asks. I turn around to face her again and lean by the counter. “I was beginning to but before I could. . . Baekhyun saved me right away. J-just earlier actually.” I say shyly while running my fingers through my hair.

“Aigoo, at times like this feel pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter