chapter eighteen

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAERA

 

Hearing the door open, I turn my head while finishing off my son’s buttons. It was Baekhyun. I gave my attention back to my son just so I could avoid his eyes. “Abba—abba~” Jongyul who was lying on the bed had his head turned to his father while calling. I lift him up into my arms and walked to Baekhyun. “Take him, I’ll finish your breakfast.” I mutter coldly, knowing he didn’t do it. “Saera, let’s talk.” He took our son with one hand but held me with the other.

I stop but didn’t look him in the eyes.

“I know you’re stressed at work that’s why you want to drink and relax. But you could’ve at least told me so that—“I didn’t drink.” He cuts me off. I roll my eyes before turning to him. “Now you’re taking it back. Baekhyun, it’s already there.” I yank away from his grip and walk back to the bed. “I lied. I went somewhere else.” He follows me. My heart fell with disappointment when I heard that but I remained calm because Jongyul was there.

My husband sat beside me and placed Yul on his lap before turning his head to me. I didn’t know what kind of reaction I should show, he doesn’t always lie or at least that’s what I know. “Then where. . . that made you forget about the death anniversary.” I muffle, my eyes stayed in space. “First off, me forgetting about it doesn’t have to do with the real thing I did, it was an honest mistake, I just really forgot. And second. . . I went to see Haewon.” He answers and my body stiffened at the mention of the name.

He went to Haewon.

And he planned to hide it.

Pain was beginning to suffocate me.

“Not in the way you think. . . but she was offering me a job. A better job than what I have right now.” He continues. His voice was calm and subtle but it doesn’t help with pain I am feeling right now. I couldn’t even believe myself that I could remain quiet right now, others could have burst with the words Baekhyun were saying.

I just couldn’t move.

“For the past week, she’s been convincing me. She actually saw me at the Grill & Bar Resto. And for all those days, I rejected her countless times.” His voice was beginning to sound tired as time passes. He was sincere. I briefly gaze at him and he was staring down at our son while caressing his cheek. “And then last night, I’ve decided to accept her invitation to meet. Just to get it done with and tell her not to insist anymore. But. . . she initiated a very big help that will give us more source of income. And out of gratitude. . .” He lets out an exhausted sigh.

“You accepted.” I finish of his sentence. “Saera, I don’t want to tell you this because it’s a sensitive topic but. . . the initial help she gave. . . she sent an old composition of mine to a company and it got accepted. By the name of her agency but in my credit.” He explains. “If you rejected countless times, why did you give her a composition then?” I finally had the heart to ask. I see him bite on his lower lip as he look away.

“I-I didn’t give it. It was. . . i-it was hers.” He mutter. “What? You just said it was yours, Baekhyun. Are you trying to—“I made it for her back in high school. S-she kept it.” He cuts me off. Within a second, my eyes glittered with tears. I try to hold them back because I didn’t want Jongyul to see or he might cry as well. “S-she helped me big time even before I get to work for her. Giving all the credits to me. . . Saera, it’s a big money.” He tells and turns to me again. “N-not just because of money that’s why I finally accepted but the gratitude itself. And she apologized for every—“ I couldn’t let him finish anymore. I stood and walked out of the room.

I rush to the bathroom and began crying.

Thoughts, fears are starting to fill my head up. What if’s were included. I can forgive him for lying but it was hard to accept the fact that he will work under a past lover and worse, someone who hurt him once. I don’t trust that woman at all. Convincing Baekhyun so hard to work for her, keeping such gift that has been in the past for so long, initiating such help that would leave Baekhyun no choice but to be thankful and eventually accept the offer. . . I didn’t like how they all sounded.

My woman instincts were working and I know Baekhyun wouldn’t understand.

He might be innocent, clueless about this but I know what I feel about it.

It d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter