chapter thirteen

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BAEKHYUN

 

It’s been tough. After being hired in that hotel’s Grill and Bar restaurant, I had to go through a training first and fortunately, it ended by a week. Today was the last day to be exact. Frankly speaking, I have never worked my off that much, I mean, physically. I have had sleepless nights making music but I never actually used my body so much like I just did for this one.

It’s a new experience just like what my wife had told me.

And speaking of the sly devil, it’s our anniversary today!

Since I had the training done throughout the whole day, she insisted to just stay, eat and celebrate at home even though I told her it would be alright to still go out with Jongyul. Well, she’s the boss so who cares, wherever we celebrate..

I’m sure to enjoy whatever we will do later, she’s always fun however it is celebrated. Maybe she cooked or something.

Although, in all honesty, I have already eaten dinner.

The Grill and Bar restaurant treat us their best meals tonight since it was our last training before the real thing starts.

I couldn’t say no, alright.

So just as I told Saera, I arrive home at almost nine in the evening. I’m pretty sure Jongyul’s on his sleep time already, too bad. I open the front door with my own keys as I rub the back of my neck with my free hand. I feel exhausted.  Saera has got to be preparing something really nice to eat. I might have eaten but I’ve only had a little so. . . and I have a big appetite mind I tell you. With that being said, I need more.

So I was welcomed by my wife sitting on the couch, bows of popcorns and bags of chips on the low table across her. I lean on the door frame with an amused chuckle. “Not a sight I imagined. I thought I’m going to see a pretty y sight though?” I kid while walking towards her. “Movie night~ Yeah, I plan to be y since it’s Friday but I just thought, you’re tired and so relaxing like this would be more convenient for you.” She answers while hugging her knees together. Arriving at the couch, I flop down before her before pulling her body for a hug. “Happy Anniversary.” I whisper and give a light peck on her neck.

It was so simple yet it made my heart pound.

It’s been a while since we actually watched a movie together.

I think the last time we did. . . we weren’t married yet, I’m not even kidding.

“I don't want to waste money so I just prepared this as a gift, is it alright?” She asks as we pull away. I brush my fingers on her cheeks while giving off a sweet smile. “It’s okay but I actually got you something.” I hush making her pout. “Omo, I’m sorry.” She said out of guilt. I don’t really mind, I didn’t even buy it.

It was something precious to her that she thought has been gone for ages already.

“Ta-da~” I take out something out of my backpack. Her stinky, old, cracked, ballet shoes. Her eyes bulges out seeing it right in front of her. “Oh my god! Didn’t I lose this already when we moved?? We couldn’t find it when we were packing up.” She quickly grabs it from me and stared down to it in astonishment. “I visited the old house we rented and talked to the landlady, it seems like it was left unattended in the old garage. So I searched for it there.” I explain. “Damn, the stinky smell’s the same. Actually, it got even worse but good thing I cleaned it up a bit. But still.” I add which earned me a light smack on the arm.

I couldn’t buy her any jewelry right now.

But this should be more precious than any jewelry at least for her.

“Are you going to cry now? Boohoo~” I tease when I see her glittery eyes. How she loves those shoes. She said it was a present from her late grandmother in her father side. She really felt bad when we couldn’t find it. “Why did you do this?” She asks, her voice was shy and hesitant. “It’s not that I’m being stingy. . . Alright, I’m being stingy.” I answer and she hit me on the arm but laughed afterward. “No, actually. . .” I put an arm over her body pulling her close. “It indicates something.” I said looking down to her. She looks back while holding on my thigh. “What is it—you smell like smoke.” She slapped my chest and I just gave her a face. Duh, where did I just come from? This woman, seriously. “Don’t spoil it. So these shoes indicate something.” I repeat.

“What is it?” She asks again with a grin. “I gave this because I w—“Uh no-no-no, change first. No, I’m not talking to you, wash up. You stink and it distracts me.” She cuts and starts pushing me off the couch. “What—yah~ It doesn’t matter.” I try to ague back but she pushes me to walk. “Clean up first.” She insists.

Geez, she really likes ruining moments.

She’s so annoying.

So in the end—as always—wife wins.

When I came back fresh and clean, I check Jongyul first in his baby room and he’s fast asleep. I just gave him a kiss placed on my hand then to his cheek before leaving. Arriving back at the living room, I see my wife already watching the movie while eating chips. “What the—you started a movie without me? Yah.” I rush to her and grab the remote control pausing it.

“But you’re taking too long.” She said while chewing. “Who told me to wash up?” I ask back and flop down beside her again and childishly snatched the chips from her. She takes it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter