chapter twenty

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAERA

 

I’m thinking of visiting Baekhyun on his work and give him a lunch box. Is it alright? I just thought why not cook lunch for him—alright, that’s not my real intention, to be honest. I just. . . want to see Baehyun and Haewon’s interactions and check if it’s a wife-threatening. Got the pun? It’s been nearly two months but I am still uncomfortable, is it too much? I may be over-thinking already but I can’t help it.

I need to ease this feeling up or I might go nuts.

Rushing to our bedside table, I pull the drawer open and took Baekhyun’s extra card-holder out. If I’m not mistaken, he has kept some other calling cards here and hopefully, the music agency’s card is around. I can’t dare to call him or he might read my mind right away. My intentions need to be witness-proof. Oh god, I feel like I’m plotting a murder here.

“Gotcha!” I chant in delight when I saw a calling card, indeed of the agency. As I walk out, I try to think of excuses that I shall give my husband later on. “Since it’s Jongyul’s birthday two days from now, I have to go to the groceries and prepare.” I mutter. No, wait I scheduled a grocery day with Eomma, she’ll help me. That won’t do. “Eomma’s sick and so I’ll go buy alone, I decided to do it today and since it’s too many I cut it off to two-day buy day.” I look up at the ceiling while thinking.

That’s a bit legit right?

Alright then.

So I prepare I wash up first real fast before bathing my son. Of course, he needs to be in the scene as well. In a way, Jongyul’s the cheese in the trap and Haewon’s the rat. She should know her limitations and what she shouldn’t touch, not that she’s targeting my son or anything, I just. . . whatever. Once I finish dressing my baby up, I place the containers of food neat into the lunch box.

“We’ll go to your daddy? Ne?” I baby-talked Jongyul who was seated on the couch as I arrange everything in front of him. His legs were jerking excitedly and he was giggling. “Ne~ Someone’s excited.” I smile sweetly at him.

“Byun Jongyul, if that Haewon touches Appa, you glare at her okay?” I say. “Eh—ehh~” He answers back and claps her hands. “Ne? You said yes? I will assume you said yes.” I nod in victory. So I wear the baby carrier first and put my son there. Our faces met inches apart and I lean closer and kiss him on the lips He giggles so cutely. “Aigoo, why do you always miss Appa. I’m getting jealous.” I tease and pinch his chubby cheeks.

He’s getting cuter and bigger each day.

But indeed, he likes his Appa more.

His expression is always so energized by the simple presence or mention of his Appa, not even kidding.

Sometimes, I wonder if it’s because he could see himself in him or because he just knows that they both have a . Whatever. Back to the topic, I need to claim my territory. Gosh, thinking of that alone makes me feel like an obsess. But I do have the right to check my husband’s well-being in his work, right? Women’s instinct is always right and for all I know, Haewon’s still interested in him. If I see that it’s all worry-safe, I will stop.

I swear.

To go there, I rode a bus having Jongyul on the carrier the whole time. Also, this kind of sight always offers a lot of perks, you know. People tend to get nicer to you, sometimes I feel like an old-lady but who cares. It took me twenty minutes to arrive at the address.

In all fairness, it’s a bit classy building. “iWon Music.” I read the name of the agency. “Tch, did she collaborate with Apple or something.” I mock as I walk towards the entrance while holding Jongyul’s baby bag with my left hand and the lunch box with the other. “Are you excited?” I hush to Jongyul who bounced and was kicking in the air on the carrier making my body follow along. He had recognized the word excited and always reacts like this upon the word. Baekhyun always says that word, that’s why. For me, my memorable word or words for him is sleep time, and he starts crying whenever I say it.

Such a playful young boy.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I bow with a smile when a guard blocked me by the entrance. “My husband works here. Is it alright to enter?” I ask. It must be alright, this isn’t an entertainment company where a stalker of avid fans would even try to trespass. “May I know who’s your husband here?” The guard asks. I take out my wallet from the baby bag and opened it to show him our wedding picture that I used as I wallet picture. “Here. Byun Baekhyun.” I answer.

Showing it is a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter