chapter three

Boundless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BAEKHYUN

 

Accept or not to accept? Accept – I’ll be busy as , I won’t have time for my wife and son. Not to accept – the big money this production might make won’t exist in my bank account and I won’t be able to spoil my wife and son. “Dude, what, are you in?” My fingertips tapping against each other, I gazed at my fellow composers and some of them were the music producers. “Well. . . I worked on two albums already.” I mutter while imagining a fake itch on the side of my neck to avoid their eyes. “That was six months ago.” Kyungsoo, my good friend, songwriter and trainee mentor retorts back. Ugh, why are they so insistent again, my wife just gave birth four months ago. “I know. . . I just don’t think I’m in for this one. At least for now. And besides, I haven’t produced much music nowadays because you know. . .” I try to explain my side to them. This is a big hallyu group we’re talking about and I know it’s gonna be big but. . . I don’t want any complain from Saera that I’m too busy again. It’s chaos, I’m too lazy to argue back.

It’s not that I’m scared of her.

I am not scared of my wife.

I’m just. . . you know. Safety measures. In advance.

Thank God they didn’t try to elicit more of me after that. I really thought I would have to think of more excuses. But even though I won’t be working for this particular production, I’ve decided to help a bit. They are having their meeting right now and so I stayed and maybe give some advices – if ever my voice is needed. As I was listening to my co-workers interaction, a light flickers on my phone. I pick it up from the desk and looked down to its screen. A text message from my dear wife.

‘He just rolled over!’

My eyes glimmer with joy. “YES!” I couldn’t contain my feels and I exclaim with so much energy. My co-workers all looked at me probably crept out. “What happened?” One asked. “My son just rolled over.” I singsong like a kid. I see them all rolling their eyes—yes I know I might be overreacting but they won’t understand me, most of them don’t have a child yet. “What? You guys will understand me when you have your own child.” I try to defend myself. Anyway, I sit more comfortably again and turn my attention back to my phone. For a moment, I let myself be drowned with my wife and son’s beauty on my wallpaper. Saera just got a new haircut—not like her usual long hair that falls perfectly down the back of her waist. It’s much shorter now but she’s still as perfect as a swan lake—that’s what I always called her back in college.

“A performing arts class is in need of someone to play the piano for their special performance. I pick Mr. Byun since he got the highest grade on the last practical exams.” My professor announces making me lift my head up from the book I’m reading. No, not a textbook. Well—you can say it’s technically a textbook which is covering a. . . thing with pages that contains a bit of y stuffs like. . . —just some manly happenings I not need to mention. You know what I’m talking about. “Yes, sir?” I asked and quickly shut the ‘textbook’ closed. “I said Mrs. Ha from the performing arts – Ballet and Jazz – asked me for someone to play piano for their practical play. I chose you; it’s going to act as your quiz for the next meeting.” Professor said and I try to decipher that though for a millisecond before I nod absently.

Geez, so I have to see those skinny chics?

“Go to their department now.” The professor added which caught me off-guard. Right away? I could not believe it. He just freaking told me like a few seconds ago. “Yes, Sir.” I stand up with my empty smile and bowed before storming out of the classroom. With my bag and of course the textbook slash playboy. Okay, I know I’m not supposed to read such stuffs especially during class but who cares, I’m single young guy who has needs too. “Why didn’t he just pick someone else…” I mutter to myself as I walk lazily out of the music department building. I never really go to other departments in this university – why would, right? I am the type who sticks to one place only and do the things I really do only. I’m not an adventurous person so I don’t have any friends from other departments. Only the musicians. As I step into the stairs that leads into the performing arts building, it opened my ‘textbook’ once again and let out that lascivious smirk as I browse them pictures. Sigh, why can’t I have a girlfriend like this. See those butts and tit—I couldn’t even continue on with my imaginative world when I felt a force latch onto my body and without me knowing, I felt the floor right on my giving me that pang sensation. It came right down to my back until I was completely lying down but what made me stop was when I opened my eyes. Another pair of eyes, a few inches away, was looking back straight at me.

A girl right on top of me and here I am holding the playboy magazine with my dear life right onto my chest, technically, the thing was against her chest as well. The word ‘PLAYBOY’ on the paper was right on the half of my face covering my mouth. Awkward. Fortunately, before things get even more awkward, the girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter