Rude Awakening - Warm Welcome

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

 

            The next morning, I woke up to my door buzzing. I pulled myself out of bed and went to the call.

            “Yes? Hello?” I said fast and heard how nasty my morning voice was.

            “Noona?”

            “Jeung Guk?” What the heck?

            “And TaeHyung. Let us up.”

            “Oh… Okay.” I unlocked the door and checked the clock in the kitchen, 9:30am. Holy . I ran into my room and put my crazy bed head into a sloppy bun that looked amazing for some reason. I put on some jeans and a pair of socks. Then I slid on a big black pull over with bleach stains. This was my ‘fat day’ sweat shirt. While I was brushing my teeth, after washing me face, there was a knock on the door. Oh no.

            “Noona!!!” Kook yelled, I ran to the door tooth brush in my mouth. I was greeted by the two boys who smiled while the tooth paste foam covered my mouth. I ran back into the bathroom and finished up.

            Coming out the room I saw the two boys looking around.

            “I don’t remember a lot of this stuff from last time.” Kook said and Tae was looking at my American books.

            “At least you remembered you were here.” Tae answered.

            “True.”

            “Hey, what are you guys doing here?” I questioned watching them examine my belongings.

            “Jin, wants us to get you and all your things so you can move in, immediately.” Tae said, and that’s when I noticed the bags near my front door. I pointed to it and Kook answered first.

           “We’re going to pack up the things you need. Later, if needed, you can come back and get more stuff, but Father says just buy new stuff.”

            “Wait, Jin is still home?” I asked them both.

            “They left three hours ago, well the pain took off three hours ago. They left the house like six hours ago.”

            “Jin and NamJoon were in a hurry.” Tae said and I nodded in understanding. Though I really didn’t understand anything that was going on in their company’s market.

            “So Noona, what did you pack so far?” I looked at the two boys.

            “I don’t think she started packing…” Tae whispered to his brother.

            “Hey, I just decided like last night I was going to take the offer.” I said to defend myself. “Wait, don’t you have classes today?” I questioned them both.

            “Hmm…” Tae answered. “But Jin gave us mission but since he’s gone we decided to bend the rules a little.”

            “You were supposed to help me with this stuff after school huh?” I questioned and both of them turned and continued looking around. Of course they would skip school when their Father specifically asked me to be sure they get their studies in. I rubbed my temps and sighed.

            “Oh, wait!” Tae said and pulled an envelope out of his pocket. “Father wanted me to give this two you, before he left.”

            “Who’s at your house now?”

            “YoonGi, Ho Seok, and Jimin.”

            “Oh…” I said taking the envelope. I felt it a little bit, it was harder in one spot in the other. I opened it and it was a cash and a black credit card. My face dropped. There was a paper, folded in half and I parting the cash. That might be important so I tuck my finger in between the paper and the money and took the paper out with my finger still sectioning the money.

            ‘Samuel, this money is for TaeHyung and Jeung Guk. Food money while in their classes and for anything else they need. Please remind them to use cash for money purchases ONLY! These are our personal numbers, but I doubt you’ll need to call any of us. Then there is a black card my father wants to give you, be mindful with it. -Jin’

            Well then, I really didn’t know what to think. I grabbed one of the sections of money. I handed it to Tae and the other to Kook. “From Jin.” I said and they knew it was like allowance.

 

            They guys helped me pack some of my things away and carried it down to the car for me. It was really un-necessary but they said they’d do it otherwise. I rode with them in their private car to their house, Tae and Kook talked about some music video that came out recently. It sounded pretty cool.

 

            When we arrived to the house there, YoonGi was outside sitting on a blanket under an umbrella on the grass. He was wearing black shorts, black shocks, and a white t-shirt. He was so pale that he almost looked topless. Why sunbath if you’re going to be covered up? That’s when I saw he had headphones in.

            “Tae?” I caught him before he went inside. “What is YoonGi doing?”

            “He likes to listen to books.”

            “Listen?” I questioned, and he nodded carrying my bags into the house for me. The younger brothers put my things in the guess bedroom that was grey and green. I decided later tonight I would unpack and settle in.

 

            For a late breakfast I cooked up some porridge for the boys. They seemed to all really like it. The house felt weird without Jin and NamJoon leading a conversation with YoonGi but instead the three oldest here talked about a plan for when they arrived in Japan. They were leaving in two days, Jin and NamJoon needed time to get some people to understand whatever situation was going on. I shook my head from it.

            “So have you decided how long you’re going to stay Sam?” YoonGi asked me and looked up from the stirring the pot.

            “What do you mean? I thought it would only be a few days?”

            “No, these types of things can take days, weeks, maybe even months.” I felt the air leave my lungs.

            “Well… I guess as long as you need me.” I answered and YoonGi and Ho Seok nodded.

 

            After breakfast things seemed quiet, Jimin was in the kitchen, reading a book and eating some fruit while I cut it for him. The book was in Japanese, so I barely could read the characters. Kook came in and saw his brother, and me. He snatched a piece of fruit and popped it in his mouth, then began to play in his brother’s hair. Kook was taller than Jimin but still had his little brother moments.

            “What are you doing?” Jimin asked, his shoulders relaxed and he didn’t look up from the book.

            “Hyung, you look nice today.” Jimin’s eyes narrowed and he looked at me. His eyes questioned if there was something going on. I shrugged to him.

            “What do you want?” He asked placing the book down. “Wait shouldn’t you been in class?”

            “Hyung lets go to a movie!” Tae quickly entered the room and placed his phone on the table.

            “These are the movies playing today, if we go now we can get good seats and the place won’t be crowed.” The two boys had puppy dog faces on and Jimin looked at both of them then turned away.

            “Ask Hyung.” He told them and immediately both brother exited the room and went looking for either Ho Seok or YoonGi.

            “Hey? How do you know which older brother to go to?” I asked Jimin who was taking a bite out of an apple I just pealed.

            “It always goes the next brother up, unless we give a name.” He ate the rest of the other slice and chewed. The juice trickled down his lip, and reminded me of Jin. I swallowed hard and look back at the plate of fruit. “You okay?” Jimin asked and I looked at him and nodded. “Feed me that slice.” He said holding his mouth opening leaning towards me over the table. I looked at him, and hesitated but then began to reach over when Ho Seok seemed to have appeared and made me feed him. His lips brushed against my finger tips and I shuddered. My hands froze for a second then I pulled away.

            “Hey, that was mine.” Jimin called and Tae and Kook entered after Ho Seok.

            “Ya snooze, ya loose.” Was his only reply.

            “Ho Seok…” I pouted and began to get another one for Jimin, but this time Kook snatched it from my hands. Jimin sat down with a grumped looked. I quickly pealed him more and just placed it on the tray with the rest of the fruit. Tae just walked past the tray. I guess they were still trying to convince their brother to go out with them for a little while.

            “YoonGi said he had to the office so he couldn’t take us.” Tae said and sat next to me but looked back at his brother. “Come on! It would be fun! We could just go to the mall or something. Go shopping.”

            “For what?” Jimin asked. “What do you want? We could order it.”

            “Things that you can’t order. Like just having a good time with my brothers before they leave for business.” Kook pleaded. The room went silent, and Tae looked at me. We made eye contact then the corner of his lips came up into a smile.

            “Sam needs things!”

            “Yeah! Sam needs to go shopping!” The two boys double teamed their hyungs.

            “Like what?” Jimin asked and looked at me. I looked at Tae, feeling exploited.

            “Lady things!” Called out Kook, and my face dropped. Kook and Ho Seok came around the table as I kept my head down while cutting the fruit.

            “Lady things?” Ho Seok sounded unimpressed.

            “Like clothes shopping. You know if she’s going to be seen with us she’s going to need better clothes.”

            “Hey, what’s wrong with my clothes?” I looked down to inspect myself and saw I was wearing my fat day sweat shirt and ripped jeans. “Today is an off day for me okay.” I said and took the fruit shavings to the trash. I placed it in the sink and began to wash it.

            “I agree, she has had better days, but most of the time she dresses like Kook.” I turned my head to Ho Seok and he pointed to Kook’ white t-shirt. It was true, I liked pain t shirts. They felt good and didn’t attract attention.

            “That’s why she needs to get some new stuff.” Tae said. “We can’t have to them both dressing the same.” I finished washing the cutting bored and dried my hands. I leaned against the counter and watched them talk.

            “Fine then.” Jimin said. “I’m all in for this trip to the mall.” Tae and Kook smiled hard and looked at Ho Seok.

            “Ugh, fine fine fine.” He agreed, then the four of them looked at me.

            “What?” I questioned.

            “Well we’re going to get you new clothes so you have to tell us when you’ll be ready.” Oh, I checked the time.

            “I can be ready in-“

            “10 minutes.” Ho Seok announced and everyone ran to get ready, it was just him and me in the kitchen. “What are you waiting for?” he asked looking at my outfit. “You should change. Going out with us, people will take pictures.” He smiled at me and walked away.