SURPRISE!

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

            Jin told me the stories of all his brothers, and I really enjoyed them. Being in the hospital was so much better with stories.

            “Can you tell me about Ho Seok?”

            “What do you want to know?” he questioned. He sat opposite of me on my bed as we played cards one evening.

            “What… why was he not included in the three Heirs?” Jin paused for a moment but returned to doing looking through his cards.

            “Well… its quite a story.”

            “I’m all ears since my eye don’t work very well.” I joked, as I squinted at the cards.

            “Well… a little bit after mother passed away, Ho Seok was playing with this girl he used to go to school with at the park. Now, Ho Seok took our mothers death hard because his smile looked so similar to hers; they kept each other smiling.” Jin smiled with that statement. “Well one day, the girl said that he should smile more, but Ho Seok didn’t like that. They argued like kids do, and then the girl said that he was ugly and his smile was stupid.” He sighed and picked his cards around. “He broke her wrist when she tried to slap her, and of course her father wasn’t so happy. As punishment for his actions, my father stripped him of his given birth rights and put them on NamJoon.”

            “Oh my god, but he was just a kid.” Jin nodded at what I said and continued.

            “Well, as we got older, Ho Seok began to understand what was done and begged for a second chance. But because he wasn’t top of his class like YoonGi, NamJoon and myself, my father didn’t allow it. Of course he was still allowed to do training in high school like the three of us. Of course now it came in handy. Especially me convincing father to put Jimin in too, though he’s still very young.”

            “Wow, so there is so much more.” He nodded and picked his cards again. I was more into the stories.

            “Over time Ho Seok convinced Tae that being an Heir isn’t all its caught up to be. So when father saw Tae following Ho Seok around he said that Ho Seok can be in charge of security and disciplinary actions against any and every one in our company. This included out branching companies as well. It keeps Ho Seok in check and Tae still learns a lot by being around the company. Jeung Guk is the only one who hasn’t had any actual work time, he just hangs out a lot.” I nodded and He placed down the rest of his cards. “Done”

            “What?!” I looked at his cards. Four kings. Damn it he did win. “Oh whatever!” I put my cards down and he shuffled them again. “Wait, so why doesn’t NamJoon and Ho Seok always but heads?”

            “NamJoon and Ho Seok are basically the same person, only Ho Seok is more physical. NamJoon is very vocal, but when they fight, they become one force. They can only truly piss each other off. No one can get under Ho Seok skin like his little brother NamJoon, and no one can get under NamJoon’s skin like Ho Seok.”

            “So it’s just them going back and forth with each other mostly?” Jin nodded again. “Wow, I’d a never thought. I mean I know brothers fight but not like that.”

            “Yes it used to get really bad, but with age comes maturity, they know how bad their actions reflect on them now.”

            The nurse came in and began to check my vitals. She used a flash light to check my eyes, they weren’t dilating as fast as they should be but they were getting better. I’d be able to get out the hospital soon if I just didn’t stress myself, or strain my eyes.

            “Two days.” The nurse gave an estimation. “In two days’ your eyes will be well enough for you to go home, but even then you cannot watch too much TV or be on your phone. If your head hurts, please take you medicine. And about your leg. You might want to get leg checked over just to be sure everything is okay in there.”
            “Okay, thank you.”

 

            The nurse left and it was about time Jin left for the night. He said NamJoon would be back in tomorrow so I won’t be alone too long. As Jin headed to the door, someone stopped him in his tracks. He froze.

            “Who is it?” I asked and saw him walk into the room. I couldn’t tell who he was by his face, he was too far, and I tried not to squint to see him. “I’m sorry I can’t see you.” I said.

            “What did you get yourself into this time?” his voice was low and monotone. “American Girl.” My heart skipped a beat.

            “Ho Seok?”