Another Side Of Tae

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

 

            Around 8 we, Jimin, Taehyung, Jeung Guk and I, all arrived to the barbeque spot. It was very dimly lit and you had to be dressed slightly more uppity to be here. The room smelled delicious, and I grabbed Tae’s wrist to get his attention.

            “YoonGi and Ho Seok, said they’re on their way right?”

            “Yeah, they’ll be here in ten, fifteen minutes.” He whispered into my ear and my head raced a little bit. I looked away from him. “You okay?” he asked and I nodded. The waitress looked at the three handsome young men and saw how I clung to Tae and gave me an upset look. I pulled away slightly, but Tae enter tangled his fingers in mine and it felt impossible to undo.

            “This way please.” The waitress said and we followed her. All the guys were dressed in black paints and white buttons downs, of course tucked in. Jimin wore a black tie with gold sticking, he looked exceptive. Tae didn’t wear any other articles of clothing but he did have silver buttons on his shirt and a silver shiny belt on, Kook was the young one who stood out the most. His height and his fitting button up made him look so much stronger. His shoulders large and standing out. His hands in his pocket to have a cool kid vibe.

            Then there was me, clinging to Tae and looking like a weird girlfriend. I was wearing a red fitted dress that Jimin actually gave me, I didn’t know why he had it but he did. And my heals; Tae went to my apartment and got them for me. My hair was just pulled back into a high ponytail because I’ not good with doing my own hair. Of course, the guys said I looked nice and if I wasn’t their live in babysitter they would try to get to know me. I brushed them off.

            “We sat at a table for six but two of the seat were empty. Both seats that were empty were to my left and Tae was too my right. Jimin sat across from me and Kook in between them. About five minutes into sitting and chatting about what’s good here, another group of people came in.

            “Hey, Jimin, aren’t they from dad’s sector?” Kook said he pointed with his eyes to the group. Jimin barley looked and nodded in return. “I hope they don’t recognize YoonGi and Ho Seok when they get here.”

            “Do you get bothered a lot?”

            “Yeah, people think we’re mob kids sometimes. But the respect is nice.” Kook answered. Tae leaned down to my ear.

            “We get a lot of free drinks, and food though.” I smiled at him and he laughed.

            “I thought you were going to say something serious.” I told him back low. Tae and I looked through the group a little bit and it must have caught Jimin or Kooks attention when my face dropped.

            “What’s wrong?” Kook asked, I felt Tae place his hand around my shoulder and look close to me. Then to the crowd.

            Jian was with this group of people. I looked away, and felt Tae’s hand drop away.

            “Is that the Jian guy?” He whispered to me and I nodded. The waitress was having a hard time finding a table for their large group, maybe about 11 or 12. Then Ho Seok and YoonGi came in. The whole group bowed to them formally. YoonGi told the woman they were with a group and brought the attention to us. I felt my heart drop, as the woman pointed to our table. Both Ho Seok and Jian made eye contact with me. His lip mouthed ‘Oh my god’ and I swallowed hard. We all greeted YoonGi and Ho Seok, YoonGi sat next to Jimin and Ho Seok, of course, chose me. He placed his hand around my chair and leaned in.

            “Your so selfish.” He told me. “Keeping that amazing body all to yourself.” I heard his lips part and his smile come though along with a huffed chuckle. The breath made me shiver a little and he pulled away.

 

            Now the Jian knew I was here and with five other guys, all much better off then him, I felt the tension. The waitress put the larger group a few table behind us. They were louder when they got drinks into them but Jimin kept me notified when Jian was trying to set me on fire with his eyes. I had told the guys I had argued with him because I told him I was going to cook tonight instead of going out with him. But now, I look like a total liar.

            “Childhood friends huh?” YoonGi commented and I nodded.

            “It’s not like your engaged to him, so why does it matter if hang out with him and his friends or not.” Kook added. I didn’t answer and they all paused.

            “You’re not… engaged to him are you?” Ho Seok asked to clarify.

            “Thank god not.” I said. And stood up. “I need some air. Order me anything you’ll think I like.” I told the guys and stood, I pulled my dress down slightly and wiggled in between chairs heading to the doors. The air was needed, though inside smelled delicious and the dim lighting set the hunger levels up to 100, I just need to get out.

           

            I took a deep breath and leaned against a beam outside. Jian just had to be here? Out of everywhere to eat in Korea, here? I heard the door open behind me and a couple came out. They passed by, hand in hand and seemed so in love. The door opened again and I heard footsteps come up behind me.

            “Enough air out here?” I turned around to see Tae’s indescribable smile. “We ordered you some black bean noodles, everyone else got some slow roasted stuff. Is that okay?” he must have been really worried about me.

            “It’s fine, thank you.”

            “Sam… I don’t know what’s going on but you can talk to me. You can trust me.”

            “I know, it’s just a complicated situation.”

            “Let me tell you what I get from this.” He walked around me and made some funny faces at me. I started to giggle.

            “What are doing?”

            “Shh…” he placed a single finger to his lips and continued. “Ah… You and him were supposed to be married huh?” I nodded. “He feels some way about you? And you used to but don’t now.”

            “Missed a part.” I interrupted. “He just started having feelings for me.” Tae’s face stopped and his brows narrowed. “Mine just started going away when I met you guys.” My face dropped when I realized what I sat, I looked at Tae who was smiling so hard it looked like his face was going to break. I pushed his shoulder playfully and lost my footing in my heels. He caught me, both my hands against his chest, both of his around my lower back, the door opened and Jian stepped out.

            “What the ?!” He yelled and tore me from Tae and I stumbled in my heels, a loud crack echoed. Jian let go and I fell, a sharp pain ripped through my ankle and up my leg.

            “Sam!” Tae called me and when I looked to him his face changed. Completely. He looked scary ad dangerous, like how Ho Seok did that one time. I tried to stand and felt the pain again. I rolled over and looked at my legs, scraped knee, of course and the heel of my shoe was broken. Ugh. My ankle has already stared swelling, and bruising. It hurt to look at. Kook came rushing outside and saw me, then Tae.

            “Oh no.” slipped out his lips. He opened the door and looked into his brothers and waving them out.

            Tae shoved Jian to the downed and pinned him, repeatedly started to punch him. Once, twice, three time.

            “Tae! No!” Kook tried to pull him away but didn’t help. Ho Seok and Jimin came out first and grabbed Tae, taking him into the car. YoonGi and kook were with me. Kook pulled my arm around his shoulder and had his hand on my waist. YoonGi took me to his car.

            “I think its broken.” He said and then looked at me. He whipped away my tears that I didn’t even know I had. “Your knee is all scraped up too. What happened?”

            “I was talking to Tae and Jian just came out and pulled me away from him. I felt and Tae lost it.” my face began to feel hot and YoonGi told me to relax.

           “Tae is okay, he’s very protective of people he cares for.” Kook got the first-aid kit from Jimin’s car and handed it to YoonGi. He tried his best to clean up my knee while Jimin asked for security taped from today.

            Of course the police showed up and got Jian and Tae. YoonGi took full responsibility for Tae actions but the police told him if the story goes how I explained to YoonGi then Jian would be charged for everything. I felt relived about that.

 

            Jian and I made eye contact through the car windows, I could see that this would be the end of a lifelong friend ship. But I didn’t feel as bad as I thought I would.