The Lion and The Lamb

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

 

            The next few days were odd, Kook didn’t talk much, in fact he avoided conversation with me and Tae as much as possible. When asking yes or no questions he would either nod or shake his head, and with more open ended questions he would just shrug no matter what.

            Jin and NamJoon were scheduled to come home and only go back to China if anything else comes up. YoonGi, Ho Seok and Jimin were in Japan still, and their father was still in the US. I was excited for them to be coming home, it feels like it’s been forever since they left. Tae texted Jin a lot just to be sure everything at home was okay, Jin knows about Kook’s silent phase and thinks he’ll be okay once he comes back. I still wonder what could have caused Kook’s sudden silence.

 

            We sat in the kitchen, I was cutting fruit, Tae was on his phone and Kook was watching TV in the living room. I had asked him if he wanted fruit but he just waved me off. I didn’t take it personal, I just kind of missed his bright side.

 

            It’s a Tuesday, and Kook and Tae are in class while I’m at the house. Keeping the house clean isn’t that hard when you live there, but today I have to go to my apartment and check the mail as well as everything else there. My landlord might be pissed I’m not occupying the place but at least I’m paying for it still.

            Tae said he’d go with me but I was kind of hopping that Kook was speak up and say he wanted to go. It’s 10:45 am and I was just folding laundry in the back. I heard the front door open and immediately froze. I peeked out the laundry room door, through the kitchen. Two men were putting down luggage. Jin? NamJoon?

            “Hello?” Called NamJoon all loud and tired looking. I straightened out and got my crutch. I was much better at getting around now but I was still a bit slow.

            “Hey! Welcome Home!”

            “Hey Sam…” Jin started but looked at me and he shared the same shocked look as NamJoon.

            “What happened?” NamJoon replaced my crutch with his shoulder and brought me over to the couch.

            “I’m okay, guys. Seriously. Just, there was an incident and I broke my ankle.”

The looked at each other and shook their heads.

            “Well, its healing right?” I nodded to NamJoon and he sighed.

            “Anyways, how are you guys, I wasn’t expecting you home for a little while longer. I would have made something for you to eat.”

            “No, it’s fine. We just need to get some rest. We’ve been dealing with a lot these past couple of weeks.” Jin said, and pulled his white button down shirt from being tucked in. He pulled at his tie and loosened it. “I knew you got hurt but I didn’t think it was this bad, Tae said you were still kicking so I just thought of it as a sprained ankle. How’s Jeung Guk?”

            I kind of slouched in my seat when he mentioned Kook. It made me sad since he wasn’t the same kid I met a few months ago.

            “He’s still not talking as much.”

            “Well, I’m pretty sure I can fix that with my big brother-ness.” NamJoon stood and started to make his way to the door. He grabbed his bag and went upstairs. I shook my head at him. Jin was still down stairs with me. I was about to go back to the Laundry room when he stopped me.

            “So tell me what really happened.” He said.

            “What?”

            “With Jian.”

            “Oh.” I looked him in his eyes and he gave me a look very similar to his father’s stern look.

            “He saw me and Tae talking and got upset.”

            “So he broke your ankle?” Jin’s eye brows narrowed.

            “I had turned him down earlier that day so he saw it as disrespect. But it kind of is my fault…” I took a breath and looked down. “I told him about my feelings between Ho Seok and NamJoon, but I didn’t give any names. But I think that’s what sparked his feelings for me, while I was getting over him.” Jin huffed a laugh and looked away from me. I had my hands on my lap fiddling with my fingers.

            “Okay.” Jin stood and began to get his bags. “When Tae and Guk get home don’t tell them we’re here yet. I want to surprise them.”

            “Okay.” I answered.

 

            I made some snacks around 12:15, I remembered that Tae and Kook would be home soon and they would be hungry. Kook can be silent all he likes but he can’t silence his hunger. I was in the kitchen, putting the rice cakes on simmer, when a warm breath hit my neck, and finger creeped around my waist. I jumped. His low chuckled gave me a shiver.

            “Did you miss me?” he asked and rested his chin on my shoulder.

            “I did.” I whispered low. I felt his smile.

            “How do you like living here?” I thought about the thing with Kook, and my almost ual partnership with Tae. I was thought about the chain with my name on it hanging around Ho Seok neck and how his name was on my neck.

            “It’s different.” I answered. “But it’s easier to clean the house and keep it clean.”

            “It’s always work with you.”

            “Isn’t that why I was hired?” I turned my head slightly to see him. He made a face, knowing I was right.

            “Sam, I missed you a lot, and I’m sorry things were rough when I left. My father’s business is the main priority for myself and my brothers.” He straightened up and turned me around to look him in the eyes. His eyes are so deep and the way he looked at me gave me a shock. So loving but at the same time such strong lust in his eyes. His eyes looked as though he was a lion hunting his prey. Right in front of his eyes, just on the ends of his fangs, but far enough were any kind of sudden moves with scare the target away.

            “NamJoon…” I whispered.

            “Tonight you’re going to be sleeping in my room. I’m not letting anyone have a chance with you now.” A smile broke his lips and he looked more assertive then before he left. What changed him? He looked me over one last time then headed out the kitchen. I fell back on the counter, trying to get my balance. NamJoon turned into Ho Seok. My placed me hand over my heart and it was beating a million miles an hour.

 

*** Hey, The_Fox here. just saying things might totally change in the next part so be perpared to have your emotions ed with a little bit. But its nothing but love between author and reader. I can't choose who i want her to be with so this mat turn into a two part story... im not sure yet. I'm currently working on chapter twenty and i have alot i want to do with it, packing alot into one chapter here. I might end it off on twenty-five. who knows!

Anyways... Enjoy the story and i should be updating tomorrow with chapter twenty and twenty-one :)