Another Day

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

 

            I joined the guys who were eating in the kitchen. I was glad that I got out a few servings of meat because Jimin had Jin’s appetite today. Kook being a growing boy still was of course eating all the good stuff. I quickly got more side dishes together for YoonGi whenever he would come in from that situation.

            “What’s going on? Why did you come back inside?” Tae questioned and looked at me and Ho Seok.

            “YoonGi is here but he’s dealing with an unsuspected guess outside.” Ho Seok said with a very aggravated tone. Jimin looked at the door then to his brother. “Don’t worry about it, everything should be fine, he’ll be in shortly.” Kook and Tae nodded their heads but Jimin seemed to still be slightly on edge about who his hyung could be talking to.

 

            10 minutes passed by and the guys were full, I only picked at my food because I wanted to be sure YoonGi would have someone to eat with. The boys cleaned up their spots and sat in the living room. The TV was on but I didn’t much care for the game show that was on. The sound of the front door opening made everyone’s head turn. YoonGi came became in and shut the door behind him. He waved to his brothers on the couch and came into the kitchen. His appetite was to worst today, he ate two servings of meat and finished two servings of sides. After he said he couldn’t eat anymore dinner he got up went to the freezer and got a popsicle.

            “Thank you for eating with me.” He gave me a head nod and headed up stairs. I cleaned up the kitchen and looked around. Today was a slack off day honestly. I’d have to kick it into over drive tomorrow and clean everything extremely well.

            Tomorrow. Tonight. I live here for the time being… oh my god. Tonight would be the first night I spend here. I swallowed and heard the TV turn off.

            “Hey, Noona?” Kook called and I turned to him. “Is everything okay?”

            “Yeah, I’m… I’m okay.” Was all I could answer.

            “Oh… well we’re all going to bed now. So… Goodnight.” He waved and headed up the stairs. Tae was behind him and smiled wide.

            “Tonight is your first night here.” He said it like he was concerned I’d me uncomfortable. “Are you going to be okay?” he asked. I nodded and sighed to myself. He came up to me and cupped his hands on my face kissing the top of my head, with a ‘Mwah’ sound. “Goodnight.” He said quickly and went upstairs. I stood in the kitchen for a moment before I turned the lights off in the house and headed to my room.

 

            After I showered and put my pajama’s on I realized my phone had been dead all day. How? I must not have charged it the night before. Damn it. I found my charger in one of the bags I packed and hurried to plug it in. As soon as the battery had enough charge and , I was flooded by text messages. All from Jian. I slammed my palm in my face and put my phone down. I was not going to describe this situation to him, he would totally lose his .

            “Jian, I wish I could tell you.” I told phone. “Maybe next time.” I flicked off the bed lamp and turned over to go to sleep.

 

            The morning was easy, I felt so well rested and ready to do anything. I sat up and stretched. I rubbed my eyes and saw the green and grey room. I sighed. A ruffling sound caught my attention, it was on the ground next to me. I looked to see Jimin on the ground, he was sleeping. Wearing his pajama’s but struggling to stay warm. Why was he in here? His arms were crossed over his chest and his hair fell over his face. I put my blanket over him and gently shoved a pillow under his head.

            I picked out my clothes for the day and went to the bathroom to get ready. It took me about 45 minutes but I was already. When I came back into my room, Tae was sitting on the ground next to Jimin.

            “Good morning.” He said and I gave him a questioning look. “I came to check on you, Jimin must have beat me to it last night.”

            “What?”

            “He can sense when someone isn’t doing well.” He said and ruffled his older brother’s hair. Immediately, Jimin’s eye’s opened and he sat up. He looked like he was ready to fight but he wasn’t fully aware what was going on. He pulled at the blanket, confused and looked up at me. His face fell.

            “Hi.” I said and he smiled.

 

            Turns out, I was having a hard time breathing when Jimin checked to make sure I was in my room. Why he was checking on me I don’t know but after he cracked the window open he sat to make sure I would be okay. Time went by and he ended up falling asleep. It was sweet of him but, I really didn’t like that sort of attention that he brought to me. Hopefully they don’t mention it at breakfast.

            It was around 5:30 when I started cooking breakfast and all the guys came down. They were in their pajamas and all of them had crazy bed head. They all looked so funny, but YoonGi and Ho Seok looked slightly manly and y. I shook it form my mind and finished setting the table. Everyone ate and no one really talked, it was unusually quiet.

 

            I saw everyone off; YoonGi, and Ho Seok to the office and Jimin, Tae and Kook to classes. No exceptions for Tae and Kook since they skipped yesterday. Tomorrow, the three would me leaving for Japan so they had to be sure that everything was perfect today.

            With no one around to dodge or get caught in conversation with I was finished all my house work in a matter or 3-4 hours. I walked around the house trying to find things to do. I swept until I couldn’t get the incredibly tiny stuffy, so I vacuumed it up. After I whipped everything down until the furniture smelled fruity fresh. I even finished all the laundry, so I swept and mop that room, not to mention I cleaned the washer and dryer.

            I sat on the couch for a little, watching the news. The spoke clear and slow enough for me to understand. Nothing scandalous was going around, and no one had reported any murders. Today seemed liked a good day then.

 

            I woke up to my phone ringing in my pocket. Checking the caller ID, it said Jian. . I took a deep breath and answered it.

            “Hello?” I said low and braced myself.

            “Where the hell are you!?” He yelled and I brought the phone away from my ear for a moment. “You didn’t answer my calls or text yesterday and when I went by your place you weren’t there. What’s going on?”

            “Jian, calm down, everything is fine. I was just… busy.”

            “Busy?” He sounded unconvinced. “So you just didn’t come home last night at all.” It sounded more like a statement then a question.

            “I-I went home… last night.” I said very, very weakly.

            “Sam, did you forget I have a spare key to your place in case of an emergency? Where are you right now?”

            “Jian, I’m okay I promise.”

            “You’re not sleeping with that guy are you?”

            “Jian, no!” his accusation threw me off and pissed me off. But I heard him sigh really hard and the tension in his breathing made me suspect he felt more for me then I thought.

            “Look, after everything you told me you disappear from your place and when I stay to make sure you’re fine you don’t come home. It looks very bad.”

            “I know but just know I’m okay and at work so…”

            “So you have to go?”

            “Well… I finished everything for the day.” I looked around the living room to see if I missed anything. “Aren’t you supposed to me working?”

            “Half day for us. Things at the office have been extremely easy.” He sounded unsatisfied. I wondered if low work had anything to do with what’s going on with Jin and NamJoon having to go to China. “Well, if you’re not busy I would like for you to have dinner with me and a few friends of mine.”

            “Dinner? Like tonight?” I questioned, I felt uneasy.

            “Yeah, why have a date with one of those touchy guys?” I huffed and gave a face.

            “No, I just have to cook dinner for the guys.”

            “You cook for them?” I could hear his aggravation. “What the hell?”

            “No these guys are kids, there in private tutoring classes right now.”

            “You mean Prep-School kids?”

            “Well, their taking extra business and marking classes and English classes.”

            “What money can buy huh?” his voice was putting me in a very bad mood.

            “What’s the supposed to mean?”

            “They have all that money but no brains?”

            “Jian their good kids.”

            “Sam, relax. It’s not like you defending them is going to help you at all.” I clenched me jaw. “I’m surprised their even learning anything is those classes.”

            “Jian, I know were friends and all but they’re not US kids. US kids are spoiled rotten and don’t work for .”

            “Do you hear yourself?”

            “Jian, I’m hanging up.”

            “Sam wa-” I ended the call and tossed my phone on the other sofa, but of course it bounced off the back of the seat and fell on the floor. When I looked at it I saw two figures staring back at me. Kook, Tae and Jimin.

            “Ah…” came out of my mouth as I stretched out to reach for it without actually getting up.

            “That was a lovely fight.” Jimin said coming over and handing my phone. I struggled to get back in the sitting position. “Was that your American friend?” Jimin asked, taking a seat next to me and changing the channel.

            “Yeah, he’s the one that told me to put my application in for this Job.” Tae headed upstairs and Kook got a soda from the fridge. Jimin turned and gave him a look, and before Kook could crack it open Jimin yelled.

            “No Soda!!!”

            “Just one?” Kook pleaded.

            “NO SODA JEUNG GUK!” Kook’s face scrunched and he out it back getting a banana milk box. Jimin smiled cutely. “Thank you.” Jimin turned around and I watch TV with him. I giggled at the whole little thing.

            “Why can’t Kook have soda?”

            “He’ll get a sugar rush and get really hyper.” I made an ‘Oh’ face. “Then he forgets to brush his teeth.” Kook came and sat next to us. “And we can’t have the darling baby rot his teeth out.” Jimin said in baby talk, toward his little brother. Kook downed the drink in one got and placed the empty carton on the coffee table.

            “So who were you talking to just now?” Kook questioned sitting back on the couch. “By the way you hung up, didn’t sound very nice.”

            “It’s… a friend who doesn’t understand.”

            “A friend?” Jimin sat up and looked at me. I could see some concern the reflexed on his face. “Wait, that Jian dude, who works in marketing? That’s him?”

            “How did you…?”

            “It was written on your application when you came for your interview. I just remembered the name.” Jimin commented, sitting back kind of embarrassed from the information he relayed.

            “Oh…” I pulled my legs up to my chest and folded my arms around them.

            “Noona, what did you do today?” Kook asked and Tae came down the stairs, he was dressed in light blue jeans and a white and yellow sweater. His socks were also black, and when he saw the way I was sitting he decided to pry my legs away from my chest.

            “You don’t look good when your rolled into a ball.” His comment made me put my legs down, and as soon as I relaxed Tae laid his head on my lap. I swallowed hard and felt my body tense up. I looked away from him as he looked up with me with his bottomless eyes. “This is nice.” He said low and turned his head towards Kook.

            “Anyways, what did you do today? Besides argue on the phone.” I smiled at Kook.

            “Well, I cleaned everything and all the laundry is done. I cleaned everything at least twice. Took a nap, woke up to a phone call, and here we are.” Tae shifted his body to the side facing out as he rested his head. I relaxed a little bit too and everything seemed normal.

            “Your first night here and your already taking naps?” Jimin joked. “The house is spotless though, I must say.” All three of them looked around. It might not look any different to Kook and Tae but Jimin must have noticed.

            “Hmm… should we do something to commemorate your first night here?”

            “Yeah!” Tae sat up. “Let’s get Barbeque!” I tasseled his hair and he laid back down. Wiggling around humming something.

            “That’s sounds good.” Kook said and took his phone out. “I’ll tell YoonGi and Ho Seok.” He started texting then Tae started singing the lyrics to the song he was humming.

            “Barbeque, oohh how I love you~! Barbeque~!” over and over.