WINNING!!!

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

“Where is YoonGi and NamJoon?” Kook asked and everyone stopped eating for a second.

            “They are out scouting something.” Jin asked with a matter of fact tone. Kook nodded to the comment and continued to eat. “How is your face?” Jin asked back and Ho Seok stopped eating again and looked at his baby brother.

            “Every now and again it hurts but other than that I’m fine.” Everyone continued to eat again. The tension in the room was uncanny and I wasn’t sure who it was between. The five brothers just ate the tiny donut holes I made just to satisfy the boys hunger.

            “How has your day gone?” Tae asked me and I wiped my hands from washing the frying pan. Tae’s face dropped at me.

            “It was pretty normal, I guess.” Tae stood and everyone looked and watched him.

            “TaeHyung what’s wrong?” asked Jimin, but he didn’t answer. Tae approached me and grabbed my hands. He was looking at my wrist; they were discolored but only slightly. I pulled away. Then Jin stood and looked at me.

            “It’s nothing.” Ho Seok quickly turned around and froze. I couldn’t see his face but I could only imagine that he was regretting coming over yesterday. “I fell asleep with hair ties around my wrist. It happened all the time.” I looked between Jin and Tae who seemed the most disturbed. Jin turned and looked at Ho Seok but didn’t say anything; Jimin stepped in and spoke.

            “Hey, let’s go play the game in my room.” He said and started to pull Kook up from the table. Kook grabbed two more donut holes and followed his brother.

            “Tae,” Jin spoke calmly and clearly. “Can you go with them?” he turned to us and gave his brother a look. Tae looked at me and left, but I had a feeling that he didn’t go upstairs, and was just waiting not too far away.

 

            I looked at Jin who stood next to Ho Seok who sat in the chair still.

            “Sam, how did you get that?” he said, his voice very even and calm. I looked at Ho Seok who didn’t move a muscle. “Sam, please tell me.” I took a deep breath and held my wrist.

            “Last night, the appeared after Ho Seok left.”

            “Ho Seok, what did you do to her?” He questioned and looked at his brother. “Ho Seok!” he called him raising his voice slightly.

            “It was an accident, okay?” He asked and I felt bad for him.

            “You can’t be this rough with people-”

            “Rough? I wasn’t rough I was just trying to get her to talk to me!” he said and stood up.

            “She would have talked to you if you didn’t treat her like a piece of meat.” Jin said and Ho Seok walked around to me and took my hands in his to look at the damage.

            “You can barely tell.” He huffed and dropped my hands.

            “It looks like you tied her up.” Jin let out a huff in disbelief. Jin paced into the living room and Ho Seok whispered.

            “I wish I could have.” I looked at him and he gave me an eye brow raise and walked into the living room. “Don’t worry Jin, it won’t ever happen again.” Jin laughed and looked at his brother.

            “You’re a really bad liar.” He said and Ho Seok laughed as he went up the stairs.

            “That’s why I didn’t promise.” Ho Seok called back down the stairs.

 

            “Jin, you really didn’t have to say anything about… this.” I said and rubbed my wrist. “I really just wanted to leave it alone. It’ll heal.”

            “Sam, please.” He said as he massaged his temples. “I’m glad Tae caught it and not Nam-” the front door clicked open and YoonGi appeared. He was dressed in a suit and looked bored like usual. Not far behind him was NamJoon; also in a suit but looking more relieved than bored.

            “YoonGi, NamJoon.” I said and Jin nudged my arms. I quickly put my bruised wrist behind my back. NamJoon gave us a suspicious look.

            Jin, YoonGi and NamJoon talked about what the two were ‘scouting’ for without giving any real hints as I made more donut holes for the two brothers.

 

            Jimin and Jeung Guk came down stairs and joined their hyungs. The conversation about the ‘scouting’ was put off. The guys talked about things in the company, people who worked for their father, their father’s health then how they should do something as a family.

            There were recommendations of a family dinner with outside friends to come and hang out. Jeung Guk disagreed and Tae second him. Then one of the sons said something of a trip to the family’s private beach; Seven Sun. Ironic? Jeung Guk wasn’t allowed to miss his English tutoring classes. And no one wanted to take anytime off like that so soon since the Company Addressing.

            Jin’s phone began to rang and when he checked the caller ID he asked YoonGi to come with him to answer it. Of course NamJoon followed his Hyungs, don’t the hall and into the library.

           “Missing a week of tutoring isn’t going to hurt that bad.” Kook said and Jimin gave him a mean brow. Kook just looked at him and smiled, instantly breaking his brothers mean look.

            “But I have my own classes to teach.” Ho Seok said and I looked at him with a confused look. Classes to teach?

            “How is that coming along?” Jimin asked and they went into details about names and progress. “Should we come in and show them how it’s done?” Jimin said placing his arm around Kook’s neck and smiling.

            “Yeah, I’ll show those girls who hips should swirl.” Kook demonstrated in his sleep.

            “The last thing I need to heard is how great your booty is.” Ho Seok said and I smiled at them. “Do you dance?” He looked at me, then all of them looked at me.

            “No.” I felt my face flush. They gave me smug looks. “No, no no no.” I repeated.

            “Everybody dances.” Jimin said and stood up. He started making his way over to me. In defense I put both hands up and shook him away.

            “I’m not an everybody.” I said then felt his hands grab my wrist.

            “Right.” Kook added. “Your Noona, and Noona dances.”

           

 

            They took me to the room with the large mirror. It was a hard wooded open area with padded walls on every side, but the wall with only mirror. There were two extremely large speakers in the corners and a CD/MP3/Aux cord set up on one of the speakers.

            “Wow…” escaped from my mouth and it slightly echoed. Tae wrapped his arms around me and picked me up from behind putting me in the center of the room.

            “Nice isn’t it?” he asked and I looked at the four brothers standing there.

            “Tae do you dance?” I questioned. His lip curled and he wiggled around.

            “Tae has his moments of inspiration…” Jimin said. “He’s good with chore, and putting his own spin on things.”

            “Ohh…” slipped from my lips.

            “J-Hope!” Kook yelled and I jumped so hard. Ho Seok smiled his big smile and started model walking around the room. “Hyung is our golden boy.”

            “Hey, you’re the one called the ‘Golden Maekne’ in the studio.” Jimin said and began to playfully pinch Kook. Tae stood next to me, and leaned and rested his head on top on mine. I didn’t mind, he was very quiet person right now.

           

            When the music started, Jimin, Kook and Ho Seok began to dance. They were quick on their feet and looked almost unreal. I lost my words and almost my breath at how handsome they all were. Each of them move like one force.

            When it was over I clapped. I cheered too. They weren’t even out of breath. THEY WEREN’T EVEN TIRED! Not a single bead of sweat!

            “Amazing.” I said with my goofy smile. A loud three thudding sounds came to the door. It cracked open and YoonGi side stepped in.   

            “There’s an Emergency.”

 

            They were all in the living room, sometime while we were in the dance room their father had returned home. He was sitting in the head seat while his sons waited for him to speak. An emergency. What could it be?

            “Nurse Kim, please call the new house maid in to listen too.” I was shocked when I heard this. I let Nurse Kim call me so I didn’t look like an eavesdropper.

            “Yes?” I answered him and he waved for me to sit next to Kook and I did so.

            “Now, there has been an issue in the China market.” From there on I couldn’t understand anything he said. I wasn’t familiar with the words. At one point he addressed Ho Seok and the guys looked slightly shocked. Even Ho Seok wasn’t expecting whatever was said. “That’s why SeokJin, and NamJoon will head to China immediately and solve this. YoonGi, Ho Seok and Jimin with head to Japan to represent us, be sure to relay the information you get to Jin, then Jin will give it to me.” Ho Seok was going too? “Samuel, I want you here to watch Jeung Guk.” Kook’s shoulders dropped. “He’s not doing well in his studies and since I’ll be away in the US on business I’ll need a constant watch for him.”

            “What about Tae? He certainly can keep an eye out for Jeung.” NamJoon questioned but their father held his hand up to stop him.

            “Neither one of them can cook a constant three meals a day and keep the house spotless. The two of you would starve to death if she’s not here.” The father said and Jin chuckled slightly. “Samuel I want you to move in by Wednesday, anything you need I’ll prepare for you right away. Please take the guess bedroom you think suits you most.” Mr. Cha was a very generous man, but I was unsure if I could take such a roll. “I have prepared a bonus in your paycheck, and you’ll get a black card in my name; use it wisely, I trust you.”

            “This is madness.” YoonGi said under his breath. And began to go on about any possibly strategies with his brothers. Jimin and Kook listened in and suggested thigs here and there but weren’t taken as seriously as NamJoon or Ho Seok. Tae just floated around in his head, and Mr. Cha listened to his son’s deliberation.

            I got up to the kitchen to make some tea, the special tea that their father liked. Nurse Kim came in and sighed heavily in worry.

            “Are you alright?” I asked as the hot water began to bubble. “You look very worried.” I took out a rag and wet it in the sink with cold water. I folded it in half and placed it one her hands. She took it with a grateful look.

            “These boys make me so nervous. They are very good with the business but they are still very young.” She tossed the damp cloth back and forth in her hands. “I’m thankful you’ll be here with the younger ones but the older boys can always crack under pressure.” The way she talked about them was so caring, motherly in a way. Made me miss my mother back home. Home. Mr. Cha was going to the US; to my home.

           

            Later that evening everyone was lounging around the living room, Jin and YoonGi were on their laptops, reading, scrolling, and repeating. NamJoon was steady typing, reviewing and repeating, and Jimin was watching over his shoulder. Ho Seok was with Tae and they were watching something on the TV. It looked like a gameshow, and Kook was texting away, here and there looking back up at the TV. I was in the kitchen. I had spent a lot of the day reviewing what I was going to do. Move in here and take care of three men, whose father were away. Or just keep an eye on them by coming back and forth to work like always? It seemed more convenient to just stay here for the next two weeks. I had cleaned the entire house trying to find the right answer, if there even was one.

 

            “Noona?” called Kook, I looked up and he was in the door way of the kitchen. “It’s 10:45… I think everything is a clean as you can get it.” he said and looked to see I was wiping the counter, still. “Jin said he has a car ready for you outside.” He sat down on the bar stool.

            “Oh yeah…” I said to myself and realized that whatever emergency that needed the four brothers in China was saving me from the few weeks of Ho Seok pushing up on me. I felt some relief but felt like I’d miss NamJoon.

            “So are you going to do it?” Kook brought me back to reality. “Move in that is?” I gave me a smile.

            “What? Getting tired of my cooking already?” I played with him.

            “Well… you’ll just be a babysitting to a boy whose months younger then you.”

            “If you were responsible then you wouldn’t need me huh?”

            “Correction; if I could cook for myself-”

            “And Tae.” I added.

            “If Tae and I could cook, we wouldn’t need a babysitter.”

            “If you didn’t get a 4% on your last English test, you wouldn’t need a baby sitter.” Added YoonGi who entered the kitchen and got a soda from the fridge. He cracked it open and drank a sip.

            “A 4%?” I looked at Kook and he sank into his shoulders.

            “A 4%.” YoonGi confirmed.

 

            Jin’s driver took me home, it was nice not having to deal with unbearable silence between NamJoon and I, or have to address yesterday’s feelings, or last night’s brother to brother fight.

            When I got to my apartment, it was around 11:45 pm. The building was quiet and I was actually very tired.

            I laid in bed after my shower with just a towel on. Move in and not worry about anything for a while, or just keep doing this. Living in this ty little place until the bonus check comes in. it, I need the money and it would be like a paid vacation to take care of someone else’s house and cook for two bottomless pits. Taehyung and Jeung Guk aren’t eve a hassle to be around. In fact, getting to hang out with them again would be a lot of fun.

            This is actually a great opportunity. I was going to do it; benefiting from it more than anyone else.