Say Yes

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

The next day Jin and Tae came to the hospital in the morning, I was already awake because a nurse was trying to help me get washed up. She helped wash my hair and helped me clean around my cast.

            “Those young men who come here to see you…” she mentioned them as they waited outside the room. “Are they your brothers?”

            “Not exactly, but they’re the only family I have out here.”

            “You’re a foreigner? I could barely tell.” He grabbed a few towels and gave them to me. I got all wrapped up in them and she let the guys in. I was a human burrito.

            “How are you feeling to day?” Jin said setting a duffel bag he had on the end of the bed.

            “I’m okay.” He took out some clothes for me, and placed them on the bed. There was a sports bra and underwear too. “Who picked this out?” I felt a little red.

            “Jin and I did, don’t worry.” Tae answered, with a smile and I felt a little relieved.

            “Do you want me to call the nurse back?” I nodded and he pressed the button behind me head. “I see they have the lights up brighter today.” I looked around and didn’t even notice home bright the lights were.”

            “I didn’t even notice,” I said and blinked. My eyes didn’t hurt at all. I looked around and really my eyes didn’t hurt. The nurse came in and the guys left again, she helped me get dressed. Jin brought me sweats because jeans didn’t work with me bulky cast and a nice t-shirt with a pull over hoodie.

            We sat around in the room until Dr. Kim came, then Jin and I followed him to the testing area. Jin covered my eyes because the hall lights were too bright for me. I had to read a bunch of sentences in different lightings; it was difficult, but after about 5 minutes my eyes adjusted.

            “Well, things look good. But I’m sure you know you have to wear protective eye wear?” Jin and I nodded. “Actually you can just wear regular sun glasses when your outdoors, but I do suggest being cautions of all your surroundings.”

            “Thank you doctor.” I said. Jin and he, went on about other things that I couldn’t really catch onto but I let them talk, I’m sure Jin was going tell me later.

 

            Tae pulled the car around as Jin and I finished up my discharge papers. I was ecstatic about going home. Well, back to the Cha house. I just wanted some good food and to see everyone; but YoonGi and Jimin (still in Japan for now).

            Stepping outside into the sunlight was amazing. I had to keep my eye shut and even then Jin covered them but the rays off light hitting me is indescribable. The car ride was quick and quiet. Since the window were tented I could look and see the people on the streets; walking, driving, talking laughing. It felt like a distance memory since the last time I saw it all.

            Pulling up outside the house was odd. Things seemed different.

            “Just so you know, you have a doctor’s appointment later today.” Tae mentioned. I slouched in the back seat.

            “For what?” I groaned.

            “For your ankle.” He got out the car and then helped me out, Jin was already headed up the front door.

            Walking into the house now was like the first day again. There wasn’t anyone to cook or clean so things got dusty and messy.

            “I’ve been trying to take care of things while you were gone but now that your back you can show me how to do it.” Tae said helping me to the couch. “Jin’s been having cooks come in to prepare food but it’s not as good as your food.” I looked into the kitchen and Kook was in there washing dished. He was wiggling around all funny.

            “What’s he doing?” I asked.

            “He’s dancing; he has head phones in so he didn’t hear us at all.” Jin said taking a spot next to me. “Do you need anything?” he asked, I shook my head no. “Okay, I’ll let father know you’re here.” My body tensed up.

            “What?” my eyes went wide and tugged him back to his spot. “When did your dad get home?” I asked and he chuckled to himself.

            “Last night. It’s okay, he’s been worried about you.” I let got and Jin walked into the forbidden hall way. It was dark down there and it still creeped me out.

 

            Their father, Mr. Cha, and Nurse Kim came out the back with Jin not far behind them. Mr. Cha’s strong silent type attitude was amazing but the moment he sat down he gave me a ‘I’m sorry’ look.

            “Ms. Haul, I’m glad to have you back with us.” He said and Nurse Kim patted my head lightly. “Is there anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable?”

            “No, just having people around is nice.” I answered and he chuckled.

            “You and I are the same; we don’t like being alone and we can’t stand hospitals.” I smiled with him. Jin relayed all the information about my doctor’s visits and how I will be paying.

 

            The days went on and I went to all my doctors’ appointments, and even got my cast off. Unfortunately, it was replaced with a wrap and a boot that could be taken off but I was extremely happy I could move a bit more freely now. The house got back to its clean state and I had breakfast on the table every morning. When Jimin and YoonGi came home they were shocked to see I was moving around so well. I made pancakes for YoonGi first day home breakfast and waffles for Jimin. They were happy. Things were happy.

            I talked to NamJoon about what I said before. He said he was just shocked and felt like he couldn’t make me happy in any way.

            “I’m happy to be out of that place. It was just the white walls and dim light that got to me.” He thought about it and agreed that he would probably feel the same way too.

            Tae and I were as close as ever, but we didn’t have any close encounters like that one night. And even Ho Seok and I started hanging out more. I would watch him dance, and once in a while watch his practice videos from his students. They all loved him from what I could tell.

            Things looked bright.

           

            After dinner on a Friday night, I was in my room with Kook, we were talking about the girl he liked.

            “She doesn’t feel the same way I do.” He said but he his face held a steady grin. “Thanks for helping me talk to her though.” I patted his head though he was taller than me. “And I’m still mad at you for not telling me you were in the Hospital.”

            “Hey blame your brothers, they said you should focus on school.” His shoulders dropped. “How is school going?”

            “I’m going really good.” His words didn’t sound confident. “Really, I am.”

            “Well, ya know your dad is going to be the one who says what once your finial grades come in. You know that.” He nodded then a knock came to the door.

            “Hey guys, come to the kitchen please.” It was Jimin.

 

            Immediately once I came to the kitchen I was put in a seat by YoonGi. I was sitting across from Ho Seok, NamJoon and Tae. Mr. Cha sat at the head of the table. Jin, YoonGi, Jimin and Kook stood behind me.

            “What’s going on?” I asked and Mr. Cha looked at his three sons who sat across from me. He nodded.

            All together they pulled out little black boxes and placed them in front of me. My heart stopped, my face felt cold, and I couldn’t swallow. I looked at all of them who all looked back at me.

            The fire in Ho Seok’s dark eyes was enchanting and made me feel warm, as if being chased by a tiger, NamJoon’s eyes charming but masculine as if looking at a lion, and Tae’s eyes, deeper than the ocean, but a very calm sea.

           

            “Who do you choose, Ms. Haul?”