Heart Shapped Kookie

The Cha Brothers *Rewritten*

 

            I had changed and met up with the guys in the living room, everyone looked the same; wearing the same clothes only with their hair down. Ho Seok hair was parted in the middle showing his beautiful forehead, Jimin had a side part; the smaller side tucked behind his ear and the other pulled up and over to the other ear. Tae hadn’t really done anything to his hair, but Kook was wearing a red beanie. YoonGi came down stairs with his suit on and a bag in hand.

            “So you decided to go?” he said to me with a gentle smile. I just gave a crooked smile back. “Well, have fun kiddies.” He said leaving first and everyone bowed to him.

            “Ready?” Jimin asked and we started out.

 

            Ho Seok is driving with Jimin in the front passenger seat, and I sat in between Kook and Tae in the back. After about five minutes Tae head rested on the window, and he was sleeping, while Kook was playing some piano game on his phone. I watched but it gave me a headache after a while so talked to Jimin.

            “Are you nervous to be leaving for Japan soon?”

            “For the circumstances we’re leaving for, yes.” He looked back at me. “But YoonGi is good with his work, so I’ll be learning from him.”

            “What about you Ho Seok?” I questioned.

            “Eh… I’ll be going more as communications rather than there for business.” He sounded very professional and matter-of-fact.

            “Communications?” I said to myself. “So you can speak Japanese?” Jimin and Ho Seok along with Kook huffed a laugh. “What? What’s so funny?”

            “We can all speak Japanese, and Chinese.” Jimin informed me.

            “NamJoon is the only one who can speak English as well as Father does.” Kook said not even looking up from his game.

            “Well, Jin is pretty good. Not as confident in his wording but pretty good.” Ho Seok said and pulled into a large parking garage and parked on the fourth or fifth floor. It was my first time in a Mall in Korea so I was pretty excited.

 

            Even though it was around 1, there was a lot of people walking around. And of course, just like Ho Seok said there were girls taking pictures of the guys as we walked from store to store. In the beginning we went into a few shoe stores. Kook seems to really like timberland boots, which are popular in the US, and Jimin said YoonGi likes to wear convers but hates them on girls. NamJoon is the opposite, he likes girls who wear plain clothes with convers on. These guys were confusing.

            We walked around and came to a clothing store, Tae dragged me inside and we ended up getting matching hoodies; his said king and mine said queen. I tried to explain to him that, that meant we were a couple but he didn’t care. Jimin and Ho Seok and Jimin went off on their own and Kook was in the clothing store with us looking at plain shirts.

            I asked him if he liked fitted shirts but he likes them baggy for the plain fact that they breath better. I ended up buying some new jeans, and couple of shirts. Nothing fancy just something new.

            We all met up at the food court and sat at a booth like table. Ho Seok and Jimin must have used this opportunity to find some good stuff because they had about 4 bags each.

            “Wow, find everything alright?” Jimin asked me as he saw my two bags. Ho Seok stood and pointed at me and Tae.

            “What are those?!” he said pointing to our hoodies.

            “Tae thought they would suit us well.” I said and Ho Seok took my hand and began to walk off with me.

            “Jimin, Kook, watch my stuff, we’ll be back!” he called, I looked back at Tae who waved at me with a crooked smile.

 

            Ho Seok took me to a shoe store and bought us matching red white and black Nike shoes.

            “Not enough.” He said and we went to another store, but instead of pulling me he grabbed my hand. We were in jewlerly place and got matching necklaces.

            “Ho Seok… um… this isn’t necessary.” I told him looking at his name engraved on the metal circle.

            “Nonsense.” Was his answered, as he looked at me as if I was a painting, framing me between his index and thumbs. “I know what’s missing.” He said, reaching for me hands and lacing his fingers in mine. I swallowed and felt my face get red. We walked hand in hang in the corridor. I kept my head down, I was still wear the Queen hoodie that Tae was match me with. Even though Ho Seok and now matched with our shoes and had each other’s names around our necks.

            “Ho Seok?” I asked but he was just pulling me along. “People are looking…” I said and he just smiled when he looked back at me.

            “That’s why I told you to dress better.” He saw in my other hand I was still carrying my two bags. He took them and carried them for me. Girls awe and some whispered, but they snapped pictures.

            “Noona!” called Kook and we both stopped to see Kook, by himself coming towards us.

            “Jeung Guk.” I called back feeling relived. Ho Seok tucked my necklaces into my hoodie and his into his shirt.

            “Wow, so everyone wants to match with you huh?” he questioned looking at our shoes.

            “Well, she’s looks nice in a lot of clothes, so I decided to test out a shoe theory.”

            “That’s good to know.” Kook took the bags from Ho Seok hand and also mine. “I’ll be taking her now.” Kook smiled and then walked past his older brother with me. I saw Ho Seok face turn sour. Before we were too far, Ho Seok took my other hand and pulled me back into him hugging me while my other hand was still being held by Kook.

            “Don’t try anything Jeung.” He said and kissed my head. My face just went totally red and Jeung’s face too. He quickly pulled me away and Ho Seok let go.

 

           

            Kook took me to the food court on the other side of the mall and bout some spicy rice cakes. We shared them, and they were delicious.

            “Sorry to steal you form Ho Seok.” Kook said looking shy.

            “Don’t worry, I don’t know where he was taking me off to, so you saved me from the surprise.”

            “Good to know.” He ate a rice cake and chewed it slow. “Noona, can you help me with something?”

            “What is it Kook?”

            “Can you help me talk to this girl…?” I looked up at him. His face was squished in his hand puffing one cheek out. He looked away from me and the food in front of us. He looked stumped, like he couldn’t ask his brothers for help, so he went to me.