Chapter 2

Take My Hand

Kyuhyun was walking all alone along the hallway in the second floor of his house, towards his own bedroom. It was ten in the morning, and he was just getting something to drink because he had no feel to eat breakfast at all. It was Sunday, and he got nothing to do. He just got home at five, and he didn’t check the house if his parents were there or not. It was not his business anymore—he gave up at being a good boy. At nine he was woken up to a voice of something broken—must be his mother’s vase again. He decided to listen to music then, but he couldn’t hold it so he went out from his room just to meet an empty space. Again.

 

Some maids pretended not seeing him as he said so, but seeing them being all cold and not caring at all making him feeling more… lonely. He locked himself out, holding back his tears though he knew it would fall down anytime. He let his head faced the roof, while his back was leaning on the locked door, sighing.

 

It was supposed to be a happy Sunday because it was the only time his parents were home.

 

It was supposed to be a happy Sunday because he could ask his parents where he wants to spend the day.

 

It was supposed to be a happy day because he could talk freely to his parents without any worries.

 

It was supposed to be his day.

 

Kyuhyun snorted. It was months ago, when he knew he had the best family ever, until an unknown woman—or girl, he could say—came to his family’s life. It was a girl, on her early twenty, who seduced his father and took him away from his family. The only sound he could hear at night was his mother’s sobs. She cries all night, sometimes she screamed. So how Kyuhyun could make it home when the only thing he saw in the house is hell? His father was rarely seen from then on and he knew where he could find his father but no, he wouldn’t do that. He hated his father already.

 

While Mr. Cho was having a great time with his girls, Mrs. Cho was stressed out. Since she found out about Mr. Cho and his girls, she spent her time working on her office, almost forgetting she had a boy she had to take care of. Kyuhyun was okay with that—he would pretend he had a fine family until he paid no more attention to this. He chose to hang out as long as he could, even spend the night at friends’ house. That was better than having stresses like his mother did.

 

Kyuhyun’s phone went off. He took it, read the flashed name on the screen before he was on the line.

 

“Kyuhyun? What are you doing?” it was Heechul.

 

“Nothing. Why?”

 

“Come to my shop, then. Kangin and Donghae are on their way.” The owner of the phone then took his way to the bathroom to get ready. “They say it’s a waste if we spend the day without meeting each other. And Kangin mentioned about having a trip next week.”

 

Kyuhyun paused on his track. “A trip? Where?” It was rare for them to go on a trip. Usually they spent their weekend at Donghae’s place 

 

“That’s what Kangin said we have to discuss about, duh. Don’t be late, idiot.”

 

“YAH!” Kyuhyun shouted at an innocent phone because Heechul had cut the line before he had to react. Well, that was why Heechul needed to be in the group, because he had this habit of command everyone without being in the place himself. “So annoying… he’s the idiot one, not me, geez.”

 

----

 

So here Kyuhyun was, in a corner of the coffee shop Heechul owned, all alone. He was supposed to be with Kangin, Yesung, Donghae, and the owner of this shop, but that damn Heechul said they would be here at twelve and Heechul would be busy in the back because a worker got sick and didn’t come today. What the hell. And it was only eleven—what to do? Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“Sorry, Sir.” A baritone voiced on his left, “what do you want to drink? I see you here for half an hour already, but you haven’t gotten something. I can bring it for you, Sir.”

 

That time Kyuhyun thought the time was stopped. He could see the cute face of the voice, a beautiful smile, shining, smiling eyes…

 

“Sir?”

 

“Uh, y-yeah? I’ll get a cappuccino.” Damn this shy side of him. Since when did he know the way to be a shy cat?

 

“Cappuccino, then.” The waiter noted down the order before he lifted up his head again, and a smile formed again on his cute face. “A cappuccino will be here soon, Sir!”

 

“Kyuhyun.”

 

“Yes?” a confused but still cute face what Kyuhyun had aftermaths. On other side, Kyuhyun put up a cool but handsome smile for him. Well, he was sure they would meet often.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes wondered to the waiter’s name tag and found Lee Sungmin on the white surface. “My name. Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun.” A wider smile came out. “The next time I’m here you should call me by my name, okay… Lee Sungmin?”

 

The so called Lee Sungmin then smiled. “I’ll call you that if we’re friends. If I meet you outside, Sir.” And with that, that Lee Sungmin left the table. Kyuhyun left with a frown, but a smile afterward.

 

“What a weird…” the tall Cho shook his head slowly. He didn’t know he would meet such a cute but weird waiter here in Heechul’s place. Though Heechul couldn’t be called a normal one, but could an abnormal Heechul spread his virus to his workers as well?

 

“I see you there, little flirt.” Ouch, speaking of the devil… “I tell you, he’s not a like people Donghae always runs in to. So keep your hands off of him or I’ll cut your little brother.” Oh no, Heechul was staring at Kyuhyun’s crotch for God’s sake! Kyuhyun instantly covered his crotch area, though it wasn’t bulging or something.

 

“I didn’t flirt with him, geez!”

 

“Hell, like I’ll believe that.” Heechul rolled his eyes at this. “Please, I know he’s famous with costumers and that’s why I put him here so he can attract erts like you, pft.” Well, he got a point that, but Kyuhyun believed he wasn’t a ert. Not yet, until he got someone attractive enough to get his attention—like Lee Sungmin did. Or was he had eyes for Lee Sungmin already?

 

Heechul was known as a sharp-mouthed owner of a coffee shop named HeeStar. He was a beauty, but nobody had a gut to talk to him because once a word was thrown out to Heechul, the latter would talk back like a mad housewife. Except that Chinese man who always took a place next to the door and had this bright smiles he flashed whenever Kyuhyun greeted him, though Kyuhyun never understood his Korean at all. That Chinese man never absented from greeting Heechul. That was ridiculous how Heechul managed to get friend with him, though.

 

Half an hour later, Kangin and Yesung came with a bright smile. Okay, that was rare to see them walking together with that kind of smile—it felt like they were a couple or something. “Yo, Kyuhyun.” Yesung greeted him happily while taking a seat next to the youngest of them, hand automatically reached for Kyuhyun’s cold cappuccino.

 

“Where’s Donghae?”

 

“He’s with this Eunhyuk guy, saying he can’t make it today but you can come to his place later after this.” Kangin was the one who talked back, acting like he was a boss here. Well, his attitude was always like that. “Oh, anyway, did Heechul tell you about next weekend?”

 

“Uh-huh.” The youngest of the four nodded his head a little, though he wasn’t serious about this discussion. “I don’t know what place will be great for a trip, actually.”

 

“Don’t you remember you have a cottage in Busan? We can have a trip to a beach for two days, right?” oh yeah, Kyuhyun completely forgot. It was the real owner he had forgotten—his father. Who knew whoever had stepped in that cottage, right? Although that was a good idea, Kyuhyun thought it was better to go somewhere else.

 

“No, don’t Busan, I don’t like it there.” Yesung and Kangin knew the reason, actually. “How about Mokpo instead? We can ask Donghae hyung for a place, no?” Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. The rest had to say yes to whatever Kyuhyun thought because they knew how hard it was for Kyuhyun to touch his family’s properties at time like this.

 

“Okay, call. Mokpo, then.”

 

----

 

A trip to Mokpo was a success. Heechul brought the food for the five of them, while Donghae lent his uncle’s rooms for the guesses. It was a fun trip Kyuhyun had forgotten about his mother’s cries and his father’s yelling. He thought he needs more of this, more of good memories with his friends rather than be home all alone. Not telling his mother made the latter really worried although Kyuhyun believed Mrs. Cho wouldn’t dare to take him herself here in Mokpo. But his mother wouldn’t stop calling he had to turn off the phone. And a wet, tired face of his mother was the first thing he had the second he stepped into Cho mansion. He knew his mother was worried but he paid no attention and chose to lock himself again in his room. He knew his mother cried soundlessly that night.

 

The next day was horrible.

 

It was Monday, and the accident was happened in the morning before Kyuhyun went to school. It was peace at first, nobody made sounds around Kyuhyun’s room at all because Kyuhyun told everybody to keep their voices down. He just finished his shower and he was ready to go anytime he wanted, but his pace stopped in the middle. He swore he heard his father’s moans from the room across his own and he thought his parents were okay until another thrown vase was heard. Kyuhyun hid himself before the door to eavesdropped, readying himself for a worst fact about his parents.

 

“You !” was the last thing Kyuhyun heard from his mother before his father dragged her away from that room. When he stepped out from his room, the girl on her twenty—different girl his father had brought her in—was busily making up her blouse and smiling awkwardly to a flat faced Kyuhyun. Yes, that girl was a . Now he knew what sound his father was making and he knew why this morning was not as peace as he wished it would be. That was the reason. Or more, his father. The man he saw as a great man once, but not anymore.

 

The next thing Kyuhyun knew was the bell rang and a teacher came in with a thick text book he never brought although he knew he would need it, classmates paid attention to the teacher and the air was so in peace he could drown in sleeping whenever. The sky outside was really bright, good for the students down there for exercises… did he see right? Because he thought he saw Lee Sungmin the waiter down there stretching with bunch of boys. He had that flexibility, wow. But really, Lee Sungmin was his schoolmate? He never knew that.

 

What a great opportunity, Kyuhyun thought. At least he got himself a toy at school. School was not forever boring, anyway.

 

----

 

HELLO EVERYBODY~ I'm feeling grateful for those who follow this story :") I'm very happy because KyuMin Shipper is still exsisted :") I hope you guys like this as much as I like writing this ^^

 

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHO KYUHYUN~ Although Sungmin had a wife already, you still can hug him, don't ya? xD