Chapter 5

Take My Hand

Today was the autumn festival. Everyone was busy even before the sun rose. Sungmin was no different. He helped Eunhyuk and Ryeowook put in to their maid costume, and surrendered to be dressed by girls from his classmates. Their class went into a big kitchen because they did the cooking here. And the boys were being a victim, yeah. Some of the boys were on the stand they had prepared already, arranging the cookies and cakes they had made this morning on the stall. Some of them were standing on the gate to give brochures for the guests although nobody had visited. It was too early to get cookies anyway.

 

On the other part of the school ground, Kyuhyun was dressed as a vampire, standing on the front gate of the ghost house his class had decided to open. He was actually forced to be one of the ghost inside, but he refused because he said he would go afternoon. The hell, Kyuhyun got a smack from Donghae after this. Well, he would go anyway, because Sungmin would probably give him his lunch and oh, he would go to Sungmin’s stall to see how adorable he was in maid outfit. Just hoping that Heechul wouldn’t come and see Sungmin in that outfit or he would be beaten to death because he didn’t tell the reason why he needed the outfit.

 

So, by then Sapphire Blue School was so busy, people came to see how big the event was, and so did Kangin, Yesung, and Heechul. Actually, if only Jinki and Minseok didn’t have school today, Sungmin would bring them along. His brothers needed something to entertain them so that they would be happy and dream something nice when they go to bed. But well, Sungmin couldn’t look after them anyway.

 

“Sungmin, help!” Ryeowook shouted from the back, drawing the called boy’s attention. Ryeowook was bringing the just made cake but the upper box he brought almost fell on the ground. Sungmin rushed out to help him, bringing half the boxes from Ryeowook’s hands to put on the stall. “Thanks, Hyoyeon would kill me if that box drop, really.” Ryeowook fanned himself after he arranged the cake, looked really cute to Sungmin because Ryeowook was petite and small and maid outfit was really good in him. “You don’t want to look around? We can change shift for ten minutes at least.”

 

Sungmin checked the time and realized that it was the lunch time already, so he had to bring the lunch for young master Cho. “Right… I think I’ll be out for a while—you can handle it?”

 

“It’s okay, we have Eunhyuk and Key here, and don’t forget the scary Taecyeon out there. I don’t get it why he wants to greeting the guests out there, though. He’s too masculine to be a girl…”

 

“He’s just doing his job.” Sungmin patted Ryeowook’s shoulder before he made his way to Kyuhyun’s stall (he didn’t forget the lunch box, of course). He was actually curious as to what Kyuhyun’s class was doing. At the preparing time last four weeks he didn’t see Kyuhyun helping much his classmates because he was busy himself, but whenever he brought Kyuhyun’s lunch box he didn’t get Kyuhyun at work for this festival at all. Sometimes Kyuhyun was with Siwon and Kibum (which made the three didn’t help the class then) but sometimes Kyuhyun was found with Donghae. Donghae was his classmate also, but it seemed like Donghae didn’t pay as much attention as Kyuhyun did.

 

Sungmin’s mouth was wide opened at what Kyuhyun’s class was doing. It was nothing wrong with ghost house—but really? It was usually for summer event if students wanted to have a ghost house like this, but… in the cold-already weather? Later Sungmin knew that was actually Kyuhyun’s idea.

 

“Oh, Sungmin!” Kibum greeted the frozen boy—wait, Kibum actually realized that this girl was Sungmin? Taeyeon put up a blonde wig on his head though, the length even touched half of his back. “You search for Kyuhyun?”

 

“Y-yeah.” Sungmin forced a smile (which looked so cute Kibum couldn’t help himself chuckled at this) and was dragged to the back side of the ghost house which had a waiting room for the staff. Oh, in this case students from first class. “U-um… hello?”

 

“Oh, look what we got here!” another shocking truth that someone than Kibum knew that he was Lee Sungmin. It was Donghae, by the way. “Searching for your vampire prince?” Donghae (he didn’t realize that he was wearing the same outfit as Kyuhyun) before called for the prince he talked about. Kyuhyun was so pale (he was naturally pale, though) with red eyes and a stupid outfit (for Sungmin).

 

“Oh, my lunch!” Kyuhyun half ran to Sungmin, forgot completely about greeting the cook instead the lunch box. Well, he was only seventeen. “Come on, we can meet my friend out there. They’re coming to see how handsome I am. But they should know how beautiful you are.” Kyuhyun (albeit the happy feeling he had because Sungmin was so stunning and gorgeous he couldn’t hold the feeling to touch Sungmin’s body s) dragged Sungmin out to backyard, where they usually had lunch. But this time, Sungmin could see his boss was there also, with his other friends Sungmin usually saw on the café.

 

“K-Kyuhyun, can we just eat somewhere else?” Sungmin tried to stop Kyuhyun but he couldn’t, Kyuhyun was so much strong than he was. “I can’t be seen like this!”

 

“Just getting embarrass now?” Kyuhyun smirked. “It’s okay, that outfit actually Heechul hyung’s.” Sungmin couldn’t believe this—so he was tricked to be Kyuhyun’s slave?

 

“But—”

 

“Hey guys!” Sungmin didn’t have chance to run at all because all three pairs of eyes already caught the sight of him. “Look who this is.” Kyuhyun kindly introduced Sungmin to the little crowd before him. “Lee Sungmin. Isn’t he cute?”

 

“Damn, are you really Sungmin? Sungmin the waiter?” Yesung stood up to study more of Sungmin whose face was red as tomato. It was the worst! And he couldn’t see Heechul at his eyes. “I thought you were really a girl and Kyuhyun was going to introduce you as his girlfriend!”

 

“You can dress like that too if you want, Yesung. I’ll introduce you to my friend then.” Kangin butted in, laughing so hard he was going to fall from his seat.

 

“Stupid.” Yesung kicked Kangin’s shin. “Anyway, I don’t know why you’re bringing him here though, Kyuhyun. Don’t you say you’ll get your lunch?”

 

“Oh, Sungmin’s the cook. He makes me lunch every day, and he’s here to send me my lunch.” Kyuhyun let Sungmin sitting next to him to eat his lunch.

 

“Well? I don’t know you two this close.” Kangin, even though his shin was hurt, he was able to tease the two school boy. He even let out a playful smirk and poked Kyuhyun on his chin. “So you’re already this far?”

 

“What are you talking about, raccoon?” Heechul, finally found his own voice, smacked Kangin on his head. “Don’t make Sungmin uncomfortable.”

 

“Aww, you don’t have to be so rough!”

 

“Oh, come on, lemme eat in peace.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at his hyungs’ foolishness. It was always like this whenever they gathered at one place. So noisy, although not all of them paid attention of what they were talking about. Sungmin was so aware of Heechul’s stare at him, but he couldn’t make his head turn Heechul’s way. Little did they know Heechul was having this disappointed smile with low head.

 

----

 

The festival surely exhausted. Sungmin was really in daze while he was waiting for his bus to arrive. It was a long day for him, and he didn’t have more strength for helping his classmates cleaning the used booth. He was sorry for the other, but he couldn’t pick up anything from the booth to be lifted to their class. Luckily he had reason for skipping—Minseok. He still had to pick Minseok up today because Jinki said he would be hanging out in friend’s house to do a group project. He couldn’t say no to that. So when the bus arrived, he quickly got on and searched for an available seat.

 

The travel to Minseok’s daycare was really quiet. Sungmin was almost missing the stop because he fell asleep, but someone poked his shoulder so suddenly he jerked up and got off almost immediately. Minseok was so happy when Sungmin picked him up. Sungmin got a big hug and a kiss on cheek when Minseok finished put on his shoes. Minseok was just so cute Sungmin couldn’t resist him. They walked arm in arm to their home, Minseok bubbling nonstop to his day, feeling happy because today he had a new friend who had this deer like eyes.

 

“Ah hyung, what we have for dinner today?” Minseok asked happily when they walked pass a fish cake stand. “I’m hungry…”

 

Sungmin ruffled his brother’s head for that. “Hyung got this from school today.” Sungmin fished out cookies from Taeyeon before he went home, take one out for Minseok to eat. “We’ll get kimchi soup for today, is that okay with you? Hyung will make rolled egg for you too.”

 

“Minseok likes Sungmin hyung’s rolled egg the best!” little Minseok chimed out cutely as his free arm put in the cookie Sungmin gave. “Minseok likes kimchi soup too, ssaem said kimchi is good for our health.” The exhaust Sungmin had from festival today was wiped away because of Minseok’s innocent smile. This kid never failed to make his hyungs smiling. He was really an angel. Sungmin always be grateful to this maknae’s birth. Although he and Jinki had to lose their mother, but getting Minseok instead was a great gift for their little family.

 

“Later when hyung has money, hyung will buy you meat, okay?” Sungmin kissed on his brother’s crown. He couldn’t hold the tears he had. Their life shouldn’t be much better if their parents were still here. Minseok would have a great parents, and their parents would be proud to this little angel. “Hyung loves Minseok very much.”

 

“Minseok loves hyung more~”

 

----

 

Kyuhyun was standing on the roadside not too far from Sungmin’s place in mixture emotions. He was following Sungmin secretly to know where his house was, he even waked Sungmin up on the bus because Sungmin tried so much not to sleep but he slept eventually, so he thought the school and Sungmin’s house wasn’t that far. The fact he got was Sungmin didn’t get home directly. He was going to a daycare to get his little brother. This little brother of him was very much Sungmin alike. It was cute because they looked like a teenager and kid version of one person.

 

Kyuhyun tried to catch up to them, but still keep a distance. He was smiling to see the little boy which name was Minseok told Sungmin his journey he got today. Maybe Kyuhyun did the same when he was in his age. But then, when the conversation moved to their dinner, Kyuhyun wore away his smile. He knew he wasn’t using Sungmin for being his slave—they made a deal, right? He could ask for a maid outfit for Sungmin and then Sungmin would bring him lunch for two weeks. But listened to their conversation like this Kyuhyun felt like a jerk. He was mindless to Sungmin’s sorrow. He saw the tears which Sungmin wiped away immediately after he gave a kiss to his brother. It was bothered Kyuhyun somehow. He didn’t like to see those tears.

 

Was it normal?

 

Kyuhyun had stood at least half an hour now. He was just back from buying three servings of pork, and the sky went dark already. He was hungry to death but he didn’t have gut to knock on Sungmin’s small place. To know Sungmin’s place gave him another hit on his heart. He was living in such a luxurious house everybody wanted to live at, but he never saw a warm place like that. His house was so cold he couldn’t stay inside for all day, with or without his parents. He was feeling rather guilty. Now he understood why Sungmin said he wanted to have someone to depend on—he has no parents.

 

“Who are you?”

 

While Kyuhyun was thinking to himself, a boy came up with a curious but suspicious stare. Kyuhyun didn’t take this seriously because he thought this boy was just a passerby, but when he see a Lee name on the boy’s uniform, he could tell the resemblance this boy had with Sungmin. Without second thought Kyuhyun gave the pork he bought to the boy, and then went away like a hero. He knew Lee family would have a great dinner for tonight.

 

----

 

To Be Continued

 

 

Hello guys~ first of all, thank you for reading and commenting on this story~ it seems like I can't update next week so don't miss me okay? lol

Anyway, happy reading~