Chapter 10

Take My Hand

 

 

Kyuhyun woken up to a really nice smell of breakfast. He was hoping it wasn’t his maid, but then again, his mother wouldn’t spend time on the kitchen these days. He left his bed messed up to brush his teeth and change into his casual clothes—today was Sunday so he planned on spending the day on Sungmin’s place helping the boys clean their place though their place wasn’t dirty at all. Or just lazing around on Sungmin’s place. Anything felt great when he was in Sungmin’s place.

 

“Morning.” Was what Kyuhyun got when he stepped into dining room. His father was seated on his usual seat, reading the Sunday newspaper as his mother was on his right side, eating her breakfast in peace.

 

“Ah, Kyuhyun.” Mrs. Cho greeted cheerfully as she pull out the chair out for Kyuhyun. “Let’s eat? Dad says today we’ll have a date. Three of us.” The smile on her face made Kyuhyun also smiling. Was it a dream? A date on Sunday, three of them? It was the first—or the first after their constant fighting. Did his wish really come true?

 

“We’ll go after breakfast.” Mr. Cho butted in as he put down his newspaper to eat his sunny side egg. “Make sure you prepare yourself, okay? We’ll go to the amusement park.”

 

It felt like a dream for Kyuhyun. Here he was, together with his parents who enthusiastically dragged Kyuhyun to play everything on the park, literally forced Kyuhyun on a seat though he said he didn’t want to ride the roller coaster. His mother didn’t ride anything though, saying that she didn’t have the courage to do so. His father, on the other hand, was really thrilling and all smiley. Kyuhyun couldn’t ask for more, really.

 

It was lunch time when Cho family decided to rest a bit to have lunch on the nearby restaurant. Kyuhyun knew it very well his mother didn’t bring any meal so they had lunch on the restaurant instead. Kyuhyun had this big cheese burger while his father got the regular one and his mother got the salad-like meal. He felt like a normal kid on a normal family hangout, actually. Although he didn’t let out any smile, his heart was blooming tons of flowers. He wouldn’t ever forget today’s memory.

 

“Are happy Kyu? I haven’t seen your smile yet.” Mrs. Cho asked as she helped Kyuhyun wiped out the cheese on his chin. “I can see the sparkling on your eyes though.”

 

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun beamed. He never saw his family this complete he couldn’t asked for more. “I’m very happy but I don’t know how to show it.” Cho couple was taken aback at this. This was actually the first time Kyuhyun had ever talked out his feeling. He was all silent and cold that his parent thought there was nothing wrong with their love child but Kyuhyun was actually the awkward type. He couldn’t express himself well. Cho couple suddenly felt like they missed a big time of Kyuhyun.

 

“When you’re happy you just smile, and when you’re feeling sad you just cry it out. Why do you think you don’t know how to show your feeling?” Mr. Cho, as the head family asked in an understanding tone so that Kyuhyun didn’t feel like he was being interrogated.

 

Kyuhyun locked his gaze on his half eaten burger. He didn’t know when he started acting this way. He had friends, they knew when Kyuhyun was feeling sad without the need to cry it out, but why his parents asked this things now? It just, when he felt happy he would just bully anyone, and when he felt sad he would just shut his mouth and have this dark aura around him. Nothing with smile or tears. “I… don’t show my feeling.” Kyuhyun said slowly, suddenly feeling full. “I think showing off my feeling is only giving burden to others…”

 

“Why so? People deserve to know how you’re feeling.” Mrs. Cho Kyuhyun’s head as she searched that answers within Kyuhyun’s eyes. As adult he knew how to read kid’s feeling from their eyes, but it wasn’t good to know their feeling only by their eyes. “You should express more, baby.”

 

“But… I showed how you guys freely showed your feeling to each other, but you ended up fighting… I don’t want that happen to me…” Cho couple was speechless. Just how much Kyuhyun witnessed their fight? How far Kyuhyun recorded that fights on his mind to assume such thought? It was such a heartbreaker. “I just don’t like any fight, so I don’t show my feeling… my friends never pick a fight with me, so I think it’s the best for me.”

 

“Kyuhyun-ah…” Mr. Cho was so immersed he couldn’t think any word. His wife was already in tears and currently hugging Kyuhyun as Kyuhyun confusedly hugged her back. Mr. Cho didn’t know how far Kyuhyun would shock him. Yesterday was the first, and then this… his heart didn’t ready for any of it. He didn’t want to accept that Kyuhyun was really suffering from their selfishness, but it happened already. Kyuhyun needed the love he deserved—he needed to know how to express himself or to smile widely to the world. He didn’t deserve the burden he had all this time.

 

“Mom, stop crying—everyone sees us!” Kyuhyun told his mother as he kept on rubbing the woman’s back to stop the tears. “I don’t understand why you’re crying so suddenly.”

 

“Let’s just playing until you can’t walk today, okay?” Mr. Cho asked as he gave his wife his handkerchief. “We still get a long day to spend.”

 

“I won’t refuse any of it.” Kyuhyun, finally smiled for the day, agreed on whatever his father had on his mind. He knew it that that day would be so much fun for his family.

 

----

 

In the little place of Lee family were sitting together the brother of the Lee. One was the second Lee, and the other was the youngest Lee. They were busy with their own books, but they used the same short table they had on their small living room. Although they had no adult-like oldest brother with them right now, they had visitors today. The small table was filled with the middle Lee’s friend from his school, names were Choi Minho and Kim Jonghyun. They were only twelve, and they liked the youngest Lee so much they liked to spend their time on Lee’s place. They were having their group study, with math as their subject, while Minho and Jonghyun tried to peek the middle Lee’s answer sheet. Well, Jinki was really smart because he didn’t want to be someone useless for his oldest brother.

 

“Jinki, just let me see number two!” Jonghyun whined because Jinki was really strict if it was about school. He didn’t want his friends became idiot so he didn’t let his friend copying his assignments, but if his friends asking something about any subject he willed to explain it.

 

Jinki rolled his eyes. “If it’s number two, then you’ll ask number three and number four after—until number ten. Then what will you get? An empty head.” Jinki said as he did number six while he was keeping an eye on Minseok who oblivious to their bickering. “You need help, Minseok?”

 

Hearing his name was mentioned, Minseok lifted up his head to see his brother smiling so sweetly. Minseok gave his best smile in return, then shook his head. He was coloring his new book Sungmin bought the other day, and he was really happy because he had something to do at home, so he wouldn’t let anyone help him coloring his book. He would do all the coloring himself, he promised.

 

“Actually, Jinki, the one who needs help here is me.” Minho poked Jinki on his shoulder, a bit afraid Jinki would bite him anytime. “Help me with number three, please? I don’t know what formula to use, really.” Minho, despite being an athlete himself, was really cared to his study. He would do all his homework although he asked Jinki so many times, but he did his best. That was why Jinki wanted to be his friend.

 

Jonghyun, sensing the chance to copy someone’s work, moved his to Minho’s side to see his work. Today was not his day, so he didn’t want to do his homework but Jinki didn’t want to help him and Minho was really serious with his own homework so he didn’t have somebody to copy the homework, but his mood was really bad he couldn’t do his homework. Doing it in his house was worse, so he forced himself doing the homework now, because god Jinki was beside him. “I don’t know there’s that formula, Minho. Are you sure that’s right?” Jonghyun frowned at Minho’s answer sheet but got smacked from Jinki instead. “What the?!”

 

“Do it yourself!” Jinki scolded him. “The problems are the same with what Seonsaengnim taught us earlier, so do it by looking at your notes!” Jinki was no fun if it included homework like this. Jonghyun had to rub his head lovingly because damn, Jinki’s hit tasted like hell.

 

Jonghyun pouted. Well, Jinki was weak against cute things like Minseok, so Jonghyun would try anything to finish his homework. “Jinki, you know it so well that I didn’t take any notes today. I plan on borrowing yours, but we have this homework, so please lend me your notes? I’ll copy it quickly so I won’t bring it home, okay?” Jonghyun even had this puppy like eyes shown to Jinki who eventually helped Jonghyun with his homework. Lucky Jonghyun, Minho thought.

 

“Hyung, Minseok is hungry…” when everybody was busy on their own business, the youngest Lee whined to his big brother who immediately looked for food inside their fridge. Usually their oldest brother left something in the fridge for them to eat because the latter had night shift lately and he was rarely home. But this time, nothing was in the fridge except kimchi.

 

“Don’t you have ramyun?” Jonghyun, despite the assignments he had to do, walked over to Jinki who was frowning before the fridge. “My mom usually left some ramyun on the shelf in case I and noona are hungry.”

 

“Nope… Sungmin hyung doesn’t like it when we eat ramyun. He says it’s not healthy.” Jinki said as he took out four eggs from the fridge. “Seems like I have to fry some eggs.” The middle Lee then checked the rice he cooked a while ago, then put out a frying pan on their mini stove, then made fried eggs for four stomachs on the house. He thought of some soup, then decided to just make a simple kimchi soup for them, but he didn’t know his friends would like it or no.

 

Minseok, as the youngest he was, preparing the table for them to eat. He moved the books on the table to the floor a bit far from the table, then brought out the utensils to be put on next to the rice bowl. Jonghyun helped bringing the rice bowl to the table, while Minho was choosing what kind of plate they would need. Jinki, as the place owner, passionately making the simple dinner they would have, hoping his friends would like anything he made.

 

“Soup is coming.” Jinki said as he brought the hot pot on the table with Minho behind him bringing the fried eggs. Minseok was squealing happily because he was really hungry, and Minho and Jonghyun were touched of Jinki’s effort to make dinner for them. “The soup is still hot, be careful okay, Minseok?” Jinki patted Minseok’s head before they all dug in.

 

“Surprisingly your soup is great.” Jonghyun complimented as he kept slurping the soup down. Jinki smiled at this.

 

“Sorry if it’s only kimchi. We don’t have any meat in the fridge.”

 

“It’s okay.” Minho patted Jinki on his back, “it’s amazing that you can make kimchi soup. I don’t think I can make anything like this.”

 

Later at night Sungmin came back from his shift. Jinki’s friends went home already, and the Lee family had a family time on their small living room. Sungmin was so surprise because Jinki and Minseok gave him dinner as soon as he sat on their short table. He didn’t know Jinki could cook, and his soup was really amazing. He was near to tears to see his dinner—first from the fact that they only had fried eggs and kimchi soup, and second they made him sit still while they prepared dinner for him. He was really touched.

 

“Next time my paycheck is out, we’ll have something delicious, okay?” Sungmin said as he tucked his brothers to their bed, ready to sleep. He didn’t know how it would be if he didn’t have this two angels with him. He might be lost his parents, but he got great brothers to live with.

 

----

 

To Be Continued

 

OH MY GOSH I'M SORRY GUYS :(

I have been busy these past two weeks so I couldn't update as I usually do :( and next week I get tests so i don't know when I'll update again :( Thank you for subscribing on this story tho~ and happy reading~ ^^