Chapter 15

Take My Hand

Sungmin sighed. He looked at his phone so much today, but nothing came from Kyuhyun. His boyfriend couldn’t be reached at all since his mother saw them that day. It was horrible and he was so worried of Kyuhyun getting punishment. His mother was so shocked and he couldn’t even great her because she didn’t spare a gaze on him. It was really a nightmare.

 

“What’s up Sungmin? You look like a ghost today.” Henry, his workmate, taking a seat beside him on the staff room after he got changed to his normal outfit. It was the end of their shift, and the day was awfully tiring for both of them, added tomorrow was Monday and they were literally dead tonight on their bed. “I haven’t seen your smile today you know.”

 

“I smile so wide to our customers, hyung.” Sungmin pouted.

 

“See, you even pout. What’s wrong?” Henry liked to sniff on people’s business, so that was why he wanted to know Sungmin’s matter. “You know I’m your hyung.”

 

“It’s not big, forget it.” Sungmin forced a smile as he took his bag, ready to go home when he saw Heechul passed by from the little window on the door. “I’ll see you later hyung!” He rushed to the way Heechul took, and found the older on the storage room to check on their stock. “Hyung? Do you have time?”

 

Heechul gave him a glance. “If you want to confess, then just do it.”

 

“Hyung, we finish that talk long time ago.” Sungmin rolled his eyes. “I want to ask you, have you been in touch with Kyuhyun lately?”

 

“Your boyfriend?” Heechul raised his brow. “No. I thought he was happy as with you so he forgot he had friends here.”

 

“Really? No text or call from him?” Sungmin had this sad pout on his face Heechul couldn’t help but taking the latter to his office. He gave the latter a cup of hot tea to calm him down.

 

“What happen? Do you have fight?”

 

Sungmin inhaled deeply. He didn’t know it was right or no to tell Heechul about it. Heechul had this crush of him, and telling him about the problem he and Kyuhyun got probably gave him another bad feeling, right? Sungmin didn’t know that, but Heechul knew Kyuhyun so well. And he treated Heechul as his brother as well, so he was the best place to tell his problem but still, he couldn’t do that to hurt the older. It was complicated, but he wanted to know Kyuhyun’s doing more right now. “Hyung, three days ago I had fight with Kyuhyun.”

 

Heechul immediately pictured the day he had talk with Sungmin. “Go on.”

 

“I asked help from his friend, so I met him in the park near his house.” Sungmin’s grip on the cup got tighter the more he remembered Kyuhyun’s mother’s face that time. “It was right until his mother came and saw us kissing…” Sungmin looked at the mirrored face of him on the tea. “She didn’t say anything but Kyuhyun’s name and dragged him away… he hasn’t called or texted me after that.”

 

“I see.” Heechul sighed. “It was terrible to see you lover’s mother to hate on you two, no?” Heechul shifted on his chair. “Kyuhyun must be stressed out. He wouldn’t touch his phone when he’s stress, and we don’t know what happen on his house when he comes with his mother. You shouldn’t think over it, but I know it’s impossible.” Heechul then walked to the fridge on the corner of his office to get a cold drink for himself. “But believe me, he will come to you when he’s on the edge.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Kyuhyun is not the type who can face his own fear.” Heechul looked straight at Sungmin’s doe eyes. “He runs so much when problems come to him. He gets stress easily, so he will manipulate it by being an to people. He’s known as an evil when he’s stress, bullying all people he knows, but when he calms down, he’s just as innocent as you guys will be.”

 

“He… never bullies me…”

 

“Well, it’s because you’re his source of happiness.” Heechul smiled. It hurt his feeling so much when he knew this, but he could handle it now. “I never see him happier than when he talks about you. He’s surely falling in love with you.” Aww, Sungmin blushed at this and Heechul even had to take a sip to hide his own blush. “Anyway, when he’s feeling really stress and his mind won’t help him at all, he will run to whoever he can see. It’s actually a new record for him to stay at his room for three days like this. Usually he will go to us the time he gets problem. I guess he’s grown up well.”

 

“Then… what should I do now, hyung?”

 

This time Heechul looked at Sungmin with a strong but warm look. “Believe at him. Wait for him a bit more, I believe he will come to you at least two days from now. His heart is not that strong, so I hope you’ll give him smile when you guys meet.”

 

----

 

“Why the lady gave us so much kimbab? We didn’t even order it.” Jinki thought as he sliced the kimbab he and Minseok got from the kimbab owner lady. They were just going to leave the store when the lady gave them the plastic bags. Minseok said maybe the woman he met earlier but they weren’t sure. But the lady wouldn’t let them gave the kimbab back, so they didn’t have the option except to bring it home. Of course their Sungmin hyung would like that, but when he asked, Jinki would let Minseok answered him.

 

“Hyung, I think someone is coming.” Minseok came to the kitchen with his eyes opened so widely, probably thinking it was Sungmin who came. “Should we open it?”

 

“Let’s open it together.” Jinki smiled to the younger one and walked with him to the not-far-at-all front door and open it. A tall figure was standing on their door; hair in many directions probably due to strong wind outside, all black outfits was enough to make him dragged to the police office because he looked like he was just robbing money from the bank with a bag on his back. Minseok would scream if he didn’t recognize the face at all.

 

“Kyuhyun hyung?”

 

“Well… hello.” The said boy was scratching his neck in awkward way, and his smile was as awkward as his action. “Do I scare you?”

 

“So much hyung.” Jinki answered as he let the older to go in to their small living room. “You look like a runaway. Don’t tell me I’m right.” Damn Jinki, he was so sharp when it came to Kyuhyun. “Why don’t you come with Sungmin hyung? He got double shift again today, but he said he would come home early.”

 

“He won’t let me in when he sees me with this bag.” Kyuhyun put out his bag and coat and took a place on somewhere in the living room and laid on it like it was his own bed. Minseok came and sat on his stomach to hug the older. “You miss me so much, eh? Hyung misses you too~” Jinki rolled eyes at this. The two were being a real sibling while he was being a maid here. Being a nice home owner he was, he gave Kyuhyun the strawberry juice he bought the other day. Well, they still had it and it was the best drink they could give, so Kyuhyun shouldn’t be complaining so much about it.

 

“What will you do if Sungmin hyung kick you out when he sees you?” Jinki asked out of nowhere, feeling bored watching the two all lovey dovey in front of his eyes. “You haven’t called him, have you? He’s so worried but he doesn’t want us to know but I know it anyway. If I were him, I’d kick you out the minute you show on my door.”

 

Kyuhyun stunned for a second. This brother of Sungmin’s was really a fast catcher. He was so sharp Kyuhyun would be bleeding if he touched him. Sungmin got that also, but Sungmin didn’t this harsh with words like him. It was actually good because he knew how to move people’s heart and mind with being like that. “I’m happy having you as Sungmin’s brother.” Kyuhyun smiled. “He’s too innocent to be a high school student, but you’re this mature to be an elementary student. Thank you for being Sungmin’s brothers.” He ruffled the Lee brothers’ hair lovingly. He was serious of being grateful.

 

“Kyu-hyung why do you just come now? Sungmin hyung buys many things for us to eat but you didn’t here at all, so Minseok tried hard to eat all Sungmin hyung had made until Minseok’s stomach so full Minseok couldn’t eat more.” Minseok whined as he leaned on Kyuhyun’s body to let the older know how much he had missed him. Actually it was lovely if Sungmin was the one saw it, but it Jinki who saw it all, so….

 

“I’m sorry, okay?” Kyuhyun hugged the bundle of joy back. He just couldn’t help it, Minseok was too cute. “I got busy lately so I couldn’t eat with you guys. Next time your Sungmin hyung goes shopping, I’ll buy you something delicious, okay?” he even gave little Minseok a peck on his chubby cheek. At this Jinki actually tried hard to hold his laugh. Well he knew how this big boy before him kissed his hyung, but seeing he was acting like a real big bro was really amusing for him. He knew this Cho was a lone son, by the way.

 

“Don’t you have something for my hyung?” Jinki asked as he brought drink for their guest. “You know, when you’re gone for days without giving any excuses, it’s better to please… him.” Jinki thought hard what to say, really. “I mean, it’s the worst when he’s mad, right? Although I doubt that…”

 

Kyuhyun, feeling like he was being taught by this young boy, was actually taken aback. He knew this brother of Sungmin’s was mature, but he didn’t know this kid was this sharp. Sungmin and he didn’t tell these young boys about their relationship but what did he just hear? Jinki was literally giving him advice! And it wasn’t an ordinary thing you usually did with your friend too. “Jinki, tell me, what do you know actually?”

 

“About what?” Jinki kept his face as flat as he could though he was ready to burst out laugh because Kyuhyun was dead serious about their talk. And Minseok was oblivious to all of this and was only giving a curious look to both of them but gave up instead.

 

“Me.” Kyuhyun straightened his back, “and your hyung. Don’t tell me you know nothing because I can see in your eyes that it’s amusing to talk to me right now. I know you know something, brat.”

 

“You look like ready to kill me whenever Minseok gone to our bedroom, hyung.” Jinki smirked. “You surely only love our hyung, don’t you?”

 

Kyuhyun was speechless. This kid surely knew something. “You won’t say it unless your hyung knows how you treat me right now, right?” Kyuhyun scoffed. “Really, you… I know you’re weak when it comes to Sungmin, so don’t try me.”

 

“It’s not fair.” Jinki pouted. “Your panic face is so funny hyung, I just want to tease you.” Jinki finally laughed. “It’s okay hyung, I know it.”

 

“That’s what I want to know, Jinki. How did you know? When? Did Sungmin tell you? Or someone else?” this Cho asked too much Jinki rolled his eyes on him. Well, kids these days surely grew up fast. Jinki proved it well. “It’s not normal, you know… nobody will accept this kind of relationship. I’m sorry if this issue makes you uncomfortable…”

 

Jinki stared at the older boy for a second. He felt the older’s sadness through his words. He knew his hyung’s boyfriend didn’t show up for days because he had many things to think because he could see the dark circle under his eyes. If his hyung saw this, he knew they would hug each other and talk so many things bothering the Cho until Minseok asked for food. It was right that both men relationship was no near ordinary to their country, but when it came to love, nothing would bother them. Jinki thought they should fight for it.

 

So, being a care brother in law he was, he asked Kyuhyun when the latter was drinking, “so how it tastes when you kiss my hyung? I’m sure it wasn’t just a touch of you two’s lips.” He didn’t forget to show his smirk, of course. Sometimes he wanted to know whose trait he inherited from, really. His brothers weren’t like him at all.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t prepare for it, so he choked on his drink. Well, he was wondering why this kid knew too much. “You little—DON’T EVER EAT ANY BEEF I BUY ANYMORE!”

 

----

 

To Be Continued