Chapter 12

Take My Hand

“I’m back.” Kyuhyun shouted as he opened his house’s door to be greeted by a maid who was cleaning the living room. He checked the dining room to find his mother was preparing the dinner table for them having dinner. “Hello mom.” Kyuhyun greeted his mother, giving her a kiss on her cheek before he went back to his room. He took shower and put on his pajamas before he went downstairs to have dinner with his now in peace family. He was happy his father didn’t sign on their divorce paper.

 

His father was just coming back from his work, but he sat on his usual chair already. His mother was still busy preparing the rice for Cho family, but she finished it quickly anyway. They started their dinner with a pray, then Kyuhyun happily dug in. Had meal with his family was his favorite thing in this world. Lately he learnt to talk out to his parent. He started talking about his day when they had dinner, and so did his parent. His mother was talking about things like new shoes he liked to buy or some random scandal she saw on TV. His father would talk about his work and his clients, and he himself would talk about his friends.

 

Ah, speaking of his friends, since he dated Sungmin he hadn’t see them. It wasn’t because he didn’t want to—when he asked to meet up, Kangin always said Heechul was busy and he had some business too. Yesung apparently opened his own café so he was busy like hell and only could be contacted when night fell. But Kangin? He felt something hidden between Kangin and Heechul. It couldn’t be that the two was in serious relationship, could it?

 

Nah. No ing way.

 

“How was your day?” his mother asked as they started eat their dinner. Today they had seafood soup and many side dishes. Kyuhyun liked seafood better than vegetable.

 

“Ah, you know, today I went to my friend’s little brother’s school.” Kyuhyun started, oblivious to his father’s stare. “His name is Jinki, and he’s twelve as I know. Apparently he had fight with his friend and his friend had this wound on his knee. I didn’t know what happen, but his friend’s mother got embarrassed for sure.”

 

“What? Why?” his mother asked out of curiosity. She found that Kyuhyun’s story was always interesting. May be because Kyuhyun was his only son.

 

“At first I heard that the teacher didn’t know why they were fighting, but then Jinki’s friends came in to tell that it was an accident. He said that something happened when they had painting class that Jinki got his painting broken—actually it wasn’t only Jinki’s, but because Jinki got his friend wounded, he took the blame for it.” Kyuhyun stopped in the middle because he really wanted taste the crab. “They started fighting because Jinki wanted to help his friend. I guess the painting’s worth so much for Jinki….” Thinking about it again made Kyuhyun realize. What did exactly Jinki paint?

 

“Then Jinki’s friend’s mother? You haven’t reached that part yet, honey.”

 

“Ah, right.” Kyuhyun laughed. He looked like a fool, didn’t he? He hit his own forehead because of this. “My friend’s an orphan. He has no parent. So when Jinki’s teacher called, Jinki’s friend’s mother was confused to see a high school boy sat next to her. She even bad mouthed my friend, said that Jinki should be punished because he had no manner and asked about that parent. I almost punched her in her face but then Jinki’s friends came in. I hope my friend didn’t get mad to Jinki though.”

 

“Oh god, saying stuffs to a little kid… nobody cries? How are you friend? Then how they’re living?” his mother paid no more attention to her food anymore. Seeing Kyuhyun suffered from their fighting was making his heart broken, moreover kids without parent. He was curious as to how they lived their life. They were only kids.

 

“My friend’s working. He works his off to make living for his brothers. Oh, he has two brothers anyway. The youngest is only six.” Kyuhyun also felt bad for Sungmin. He promised himself to play with Minseok and Jinki more from now on. He promised to bring something for them too. They deserved a better life.

 

“Oh god…”

 

“Is this friend who had a date with you today?” Kyuhyun stopped on his track. Wha-what? Did his father said date? Because he believed himself that his ears had no hearing problem. Did his dad see him with Sungmin? Today? In Myungdong? Kyuhyun smelled problem here. “I had lunch in Myungdong today, with client of mine. He said he like Chinese food so we had meeting in Chinese restaurant.” Kyuhyun felt his heart skipped a beat. How could this happen?

 

“A-ah… yeah, I mean that’s the friend I talk about.”

 

“You two seemed close.” His father talked in low tone like he was holding his anger. Kyuhyun was afraid his father found out about him and Sungmin. “Too close to see as friends.”

 

Kyuhyun felt his body went numb.

 

----

 

“You should talk with Sungmin. Nothing changes if you don’t talk to him. You want him to hate you? I know you haven’t talked until now and it’s almost a month.”

 

Heechul sat on his desk unmoved ever since he came. He didn’t review his café’s reports as he should—Kangin’s words had dominated his mind. Yeah, it was a month already from when he kissed Sungmin and it didn’t taste as he thought it would. Probably because he forced it. And now Sungmin didn’t talk to him and he changed himself into an introvert man, locking himself in his office. Kangin was right—he had to talk to Sungmin. Whatever the result was, he still had to try. At least they still could be friend. Although it hurt him.

 

So Heechul had decided to make up with Sungmin. He told his worker whose name was Henry to tell Sungmin to see him in his office. Sungmin must be afraid to see him because of that night’s incident. If only he could stop himself doing anything stupid… he was just too jealous of Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s closeness. He bet Kyuhyun had his way with Sungmin already. He even saw Kyuhyun picked Sungmin up after his shift. What a cute couple.

 

A knock startled him, making him almost dropping the glass on his hands. He inhaled deeply to gather himself up before he faced Sungmin. He even wiped his sweating palms on his trousers. With a deep breath he let the knocked person out there in to his office. He was busying himself with the reports he didn’t even read, but when he lifted his head, he was stunned. Sungmin was there, standing before him wearing a small smile on his cute face although he knew how afraid Sungmin must feel. He shouldn’t have done bad thing to this fragile creature.

 

“You call for me, boss?”

 

“I did say to call me hyung, no?” Heechul smiled in return, inside he was afraid Sungmin hated him now. “Take a seat, Sungmin.” Sungmin did as he told, but he could see the nervousness Sungmin had. It made him feel more like a villain here. Well, he was, actually. “I’m sorry.”

 

“W-what?”

 

“I’m sorry, Sungmin. For that night.” Heechul finally said it. There was awkward atmosphere between them when nobody talked. Heechul knew it wasn’t easy for Sungmin to forgive him. He forced his way to Sungmin anyway. “I shouldn’t have kissed you… it’s my fault. All of it. I know you must feel disgusted, but I’m really sorry.” Heechul even bowed his head deeply to Sungmin, to show how he was really feeling. “I have crush on you. From the first time you worked here. But I couldn’t confess because it’s not a normal thing.”

 

“H-hyung…”

 

“I got jealous over you and Kyuhyun, but I know I don’t deserve you. Kyuhyun deserves you better.” Heechul raised his head. “I’ll over this feeling for sure. I know you two have something between you because Kyuhyun hasn’t come in bad mood like usually he does.” Heechul stood from his seat to fill his empty glass which he did for hiding his face. He couldn’t hide his dark expression, but he tried to not show it to Sungmin. Sungmin would run away when he saw him in bad mood mode.

 

Sungmin, on his chair, had nothing to say. He couldn’t say anything because he was really shock. He just knew that his boss had feeling for him, and these years he had spent in this café, he accepted Heechul’s feeling as big brother to his little brother. Just brothers. But he was wrong. He hurt Heechul all this time and he didn’t realize it. Heechul helped him so much but what did he do? He couldn’t even be Heechul’s trusted friend.

 

“So, tell me.” Heechul faced the still in shocked Sungmin after he managed his expression, “are you two an item? I mean, Kyuhyun didn’t even greet me in my office when he picked you up.” The best thing Heechul could do was being a prankster. He could hide his feeling when he teased others. “Why don’t you two say anything? Yesung will probably ask for expensive foods to Kyuhyun if he knows.”

 

But Heechul didn’t get any answer. He got a hug instead. Sungmin ran to him and hugged him like he was Sungmin’s big brother. He should’ve done it. He should have acted like a big brother instead from the start. Sungmin needed a big brother instead of a man for his life. He lived with two brothers without parent, of course he needed someone to lean on. Why didn’t he think about it sooner? It was all mess now.

 

“I’m sorry… for not realizing it sooner.” Sungmin mumbled to Heechul’s front shirt as he hugged Heechul tighter. “I’m sorry…”

 

Heechul chuckled while hugged back the smaller boy. “You’re not at fault. Stop crying you fool.” He rubbed Sungmin’s trembling back. Thanks for this, Heechul knew how he acted around Sungmin now.

 

----

 

“Do you think Heechul will do that?” Kangin asked Yesung in his car—they decided to visit Heechul who was in his dark age, hoping their visit would entertain Heechul because Kangin brought Yesung along. They should have brought Donghae, but the latter said he had date today with his lover so they didn’t want to disturb the lovebirds. And it wasn’t nice to bring Kyuhyun along because Heechul would just kill Kyuhyun then and right there. It was probably not a good idea.

 

“What? Do what? Why don’t I know something? Why do you always hide everything?!”

 

“Stupid!” Kangin smacked Yesung’s big head because he couldn’t take it anymore. Whenever something happened, Yesung would make scene he couldn’t look at. He was just crazy bastard. “I said Heechul would talk with Sungmin—why didn’t even you hear me out?!”

 

“Oh, that. Sorry. Really sorry. I didn’t really hear you, you know I’m a busy man, right?” and Yesung easily shrugged it off. Like hell Kangin didn’t smack him. He was lucky Kangin still had to drive them or he would be thrown out of the car already.

 

“Keep that behave of yours, I’ll kick your as soon as I see your , I swear!”

 

They arrived at Heechul’s café minutes later. Yesung, being alarmed of Kangin’s threat, got off the car with hands on his . Well, sometimes Kangin’s threat was really ridiculous but he did what he threated. So it was better to prepare than being all bruised, right? Kangin was strong like hulk he would break Yesung’s tail bone if he did kick his .

 

They did quarrel a bit before they walked in to the café. Yesung said Kangin had to promise him not to touch his at all and Kangin wanted to seal the promise with Yesung paid everything he ate in Heechul’s café, but Yesung didn’t want to pay more than two meals so Kangin argued more. They were more complicated than Sungmin and Heechul, actually. But they bumped in to Kyuhyun. Heechul did say he saw Kyuhyun on his café to pick Sungmin up, but it wasn’t even time for Sungmin’s break time. What did Kyuhyun did in this kind of time?

 

“Oh, Kyuhyun!” Yesung happily greeted Kyuhyun, but the younger but the taller just gave them a short bow before left to whatever he wanted. Kangin and Yesung frowned. “Did Kyuhyun just ignore us, hyung?” Yesung said in confuse tone. “Did we do something wrong?”

 

“I think he’s mad though?” Kangin tilted his head. “He has this dark aura all over him.”

 

“Really? Is Heechul hyung with Sungmin? May be he saw both of them together?” Kangin stared at Yesung seriously.

 

“Why does your brain only work in this kind of situation?” Kangin gasped in disbelief.

 

----

 

To Be Continued

 

A/N:

I’M SO SORRY I’M DISSAPEARED AND IT’S ALMOST A MONTH I HAVEN’T UPDATED T.T

I got ton of stuffs and I have exams the last two weeks and I just have time this week T.T I hope you guys still enjoy it tho, because I update double for my absence T.T

Happy reading, anyway~~