Chapter 16

Take My Hand

“I’m home…” Sungmin walked into his little house, only to be welcomed by his two brothers who smiled brightly, and a tall figure on the kitchen—no, he was in the sink—greeted him oh so happily like he was the original member of this little place. Sungmin was so tired today because he thought too much of his boyfriend, but when he saw his boyfriend’s face, he couldn’t hold his tears. He would run to Kyuhyun’s arms if there wasn’t Jinki and Minseok, but he hold himself back well.

 

“Sungminnie hyung, look~ Kyuhyun hyung comes today and even makes dinner for us~” Minseok happily hugged Sungmin’s tights as he showed how much they had on their table. The food was actually bought ready to eat, but Kyuhyun and Jinki heated it so it was as if they made it all by themselves. It was Kyuhyun’s idea, for your information.

 

“Ah, Minseok, help hyung choosing Sungmin hyung’s night outfit?” Jinki asked Minseok who still hugged the oldest Lee. “Sungmin hyung must be so tired so let’s help him, okay?” the middle Lee gently pulled Minseok to their shared bedroom to let the high school boys together for a bit. Jinki surely knew what he did because before he disappeared behind the door, he gave Kyuhyun a wink. Such a cutie, Kyuhyun thought.

 

It was the first time for them to be this awkward to be left like this. Sungmin didn’t budge from his state, where he was staring at Kyuhyun intensely, while Kyuhyun stood there like a fool. The latter didn’t know what to say or to do. “H-hi.” Kyuhyun even played with his own hair. He gave his little boyfriend an apologetic look to show how he regretted his absence on weekends, but what shocked him was his boyfriend ran to his embraces.

 

“Bad Kyuhyun, evil Kyuhyun.” Sungmin muttered on Kyuhyun’s shoulder as he hugged the other tighter. “You didn’t even text me, what should I do? Cheating on you with Heechul hyung?”

 

“Yah!” Kyuhyun pushed Sungmin so he could see the other’s face only to glare at him. “Don’t you dare!”

 

“Then why didn’t you let me know what happen after… that.”

 

Both of them were lost of words. Kyuhyun was avoiding Sungmin’s eyes as he thought the best way to explain the situation in his house, while Sungmin waited for the later. They stayed like that for a second. “You know, I don’t think it’s the best time to talk things out… the kids still up.”

 

Sungmin exhaled the breath he unconsciously held. “Yeah, you’re right… the kids aren’t supposed to know it all… moreover Jinki.” Kyuhyun’s ear was twitching at the name. That little devil was surely smart for his age. Was he really twelve?

 

Sungmin pouted. Oh, if only Jinki and Minseok weren’t there, Kyuhyun surely kissed Sungmin until he ran out of breath. If only. He didn’t have the courage to do that though, because when he was going to kiss Sungmin on his head crown the bed room door was opened by the little Minseok.

 

“Hyung, I choose the pink dress you like to wear~” that time, Sungmin was blushing like crazy because it was a secret, but then this little Minseok… sigh. So Sungmin forced a smile to Minseok before he rushed to the bathroom with the dress. Oh yeah, of course he would wear that because Minseok chose it for him.

 

In the other hand, Kyuhyun was holding back his laughter, not ready to dead on Sungmin’s hand. The smaller was surely strong for that small body. And Jinki was no different. He was the one who suggested Minseok the dress, and he even high fived with Kyuhyun. While Minseok, being an innocent he was, didn’t understand all of that.

 

----

 

It was after dinner time when Sungmin and Kyuhyun left in the kitchen. Sungmin was washing the dishes they used, and Kyuhyun was in charge in drying the dishes after Sungmin washed them. Jinki and Minseok were taking bath together that would take time forever to make them out of the tube. While they were working, no sound besides the running water and the clashing utensils. Sungmin was actually holding himself from thinking dirty things because he really wore the dress Minseok suggested him to wear earlier. While Kyuhyun actually was checking his boyfriend out—who wouldn’t do that, right? His legs were inviting him to tease it all the dinner time, really. And here he was, pretending like he didn’t care at what Sungmin wore at all.

 

“You wouldn’t talk?” Sungmin asked out of awkward atmosphere they felt once again. “About that night?”

 

Kyuhyun coughed up a little because he didn’t see it coming. Well actually Sungmin wouldn’t stop asking the same thing over and over again until he told him what exactly happened at his house that night. And he was thinking what he should say for the smaller so he didn’t think the worst way of their relationship: break up. The good boy Sungmin would do anything that Kyuhyun’s parent said because he knew it was the best thing for Kyuhyun, but then again, what’s so good when you weren’t happy at all, right? So Kyuhyun wouldn’t say too much about his mother’s words.

 

“You know, I think my father knows about us already.” Kyuhyun tried to act all calm because actually he was thinking how his father knew it all. Was it the same way he knew his father’s affair? Because his father didn’t even hide it when he had an affair with random women. And when Kyuhyun saw it, he didn’t try his best to explain it. But Kyuhyun didn’t show too much skinships with Sungmin when they were on date. Well, of course they would kiss and such, but not in the public. Or his father had this CIA team to spy on him so he knew all that? Nah, his father wasn’t that type of person. “He didn’t say much when my mother asked our relationship.”

 

“W-what?” Sungmin widened his eyes—he even stopped the running water to see Kyuhyun on his eyes straight. “She asked our what?!”

 

“Our relationship, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun smiled to the worried Sungmin. “And I said we were an item.” Kyuhyun had to close Sungmin’s mouth because the latter was too shock to hear this. Well, who wouldn’t when your boyfriend was all open while you saw with your own eyes that his mother tried to tear you apart? “She, of course didn’t receive it well, so I’m showing her how much I love you and nobody will see us down because of it.”

 

“Kyuhyun…”

 

“You know, even though I’m young I never fall in love before.” Kyuhyun smirked to think about his past. Sungmin was his first love, right, and he never showed this kind of feeling before. “You’re lucky to be my first love, you know.” The taller even gave a little pinch on Sungmin’s cheek because how red it was.

 

“Y-you won’t believe if I say you’re my first too…” Sungmin even hid his face by the apron he wore to show how shy he was. He never thought of romance when it comes to his life. He only thought of his little brothers and works, so he thought there wouldn’t be place for romance in his life, but this little brat came one day to disturb his busy day. Now he had to spare more time for lovey-dovey time with this boyfriend because if he didn’t do it, he would miss the tall boyfriend the time he did his job. How ridiculous.

 

Kyuhyun, who were on his prank mode, pinched Sungmin’s cheeks more causing the red became worse. “I know that, little pumpkin, and I know you’d say that too.” He then gave his boyfriend a kiss on his nose, just a peck to show how he missed the oldest Lee. “I miss you.” He finished it with a whisper and a peck on the lips, much more for Sungmin’s feeling.

 

“You won’t know how much I miss you, evil Kyu.” Sungmin whispered back, smiling for a bit before he leaned for another kiss. This time their kiss was deeper. Sungmin had his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck, hands playing with Kyuhyun’s curly hair, while Kyuhyun’s own had roamed on Sungmin’s back, occasionally touched the plump down there. They forgot where they were and their environment, because Jinki had to show up to tell them Minseok’s arriving to break them apart.

 

“Are you sure Jinki is your little brother?” Kyuhyun asked out of nowhere when the little devil went back to his room to fetch Minseok, “because he’s surely has my gene for being an evil.”

 

----

 

“Yah, hurry take the utensils!”

 

“I won’t until you pour the soup. Why so hurry?”

 

“I’m sure you won’t eat tonight if you don’t prepare the table!”

 

“Come on hyung, we don’t usually eat on the dining table anyway, why the formalities?”

 

They glared at each other. Welcome to Kim resident (although the one didn’t have Kim on his first name), where the two cousins were having their fight before the dinner time, while their meals were prepared well on the table because someone had come to give them expensive dinner (the older Kim wouldn’t tell who), but the younger one was too lazy to move his from the couch he was lying on. The television wasn’t that interesting tonight, but he was too tired to move his legs.

 

“Donghae I swear I’ll just eat all these foods if you won’t help me at all!” Heechul was too mad he threw his apron on the nearest counter and walked towards his cousin who hadn’t moved at all. “Move your , dammit!”

 

“Hyung, I’m really tired, can’t we eat here on this coffee table?” Donghae whined and had this puppy face when Heechul stood by the couch, hands on his waist. “Please?”

 

“At least help me taking the utensils!”

 

“Don’t you understand the word tired, hyung? I’m so dead today because of Eunhyhuk!”

 

“The hell—you were on the date! You should’ve been happy I didn’t kick you out because you came home late and make me hungry!” Heechul kicked the back side of the couch, too mad to his younger cousin. If it because of some school assignments it was okay, but it was date and he was ing hungry all day because this bastard said he wouldn’t be long and would bring something with him but nothing! He was tricked—the almighty Heenim was being tricked!

 

Ding dong.

 

Someone was on the door. What kind of guest visited at ten at night? Without a word Heechul opened the door for his guest, to find Kyuhyun with an unnatural innocent smile on his face. Well it was so long the last time this brat had come, Heechul thought. “So you have guts to show your face on my door again, huh?”

 

“Actually, the one who should’ve been saying ‘you have guts to show your face’ is me, you know.” The uninvited guest invited himself in to find Donghae waving eagerly without moving his . “And well, I think you have to share your bed with me tonight, lost puppy.” He sat on Donghae’s tight as he sad that, earning a grunt from the latter as his body was aching really badly.

 

Heechul joint the boys on the couch later, hoping Donghae would move his body and help him for their dinner. Luckily Donghae did as Heechul predict, so he was left with Kyuhyun alone. “I know… I’m sorry about that, really.” Heechul said as soon as Donghae left them both. “You suddenly appeared as Sungmin’s hero while I did it from the start… it feels like you snatch him from me, you know.”

 

Kyuhyun went silent. He was actually unaware of Heechul’s feeling for Sungmin because all this time Heechul acted like Sungmin’s big brother. He knew the feeling of being ignored but he wanted to show that he was really mad. But it was Heechul he faced. Heechul was his trusted friend he couldn’t be mad to him. “I’m not Sungmin’s hero, hyung.” He smiled for no reason. “He’s my hero. I’m all better because he’s with me.”

 

“Then you probably forget how your friends all root for you.” Heechul hit the younger boy on his head to remind him that he still got friends. “And all you did is dating with Sungmin. Really touching.”

 

“I’m not!” Kyuhyun kicked Heechul’s feet. “It’s just… I don’t think I can think straight when I’m with you guys… and myself tells me to just blurt out whatever I have inside and so I bully you all. But it’s not with Sungmin because apparently, I don’t bully him.”

 

“Tch.” Heechul kicked him back, “you really are in love.”

 

That was a moment of silence after that. They could hear Donghae on the kitchen rather busy with whatever he did, and their eyes were focusing on the television but nobody really watched that. “Hyung, I’m sorry if I hurt you with my relationship with Sungmin,” Kyuhyun started, “this is my first time I have ever felt this way towards other person. Sungmin just came in the right time and we are match made in heaven, but I still think it’s cruel to have him besides me while you’re in pain and have to face me without showing up your sadness at all. It’s stressed so much, isn’t it?”

 

Heechul didn’t react because he wanted to hear more. He knew, soon or later Kyuhyun would talk out about this and they would understand the other better than before. It was just about the time. “And I know about you kissed Sungmin.” Kyuhyun even gulped for this. “I felt really jealous and I really wanted to punch you, but I couldn’t.” He chose to play with his bag to hide his embarrassment. “I still see you as my hyung now. Sungmin told me you two were okay and I guess it’s okay to just forget it like… like it never happens. I don’t want things become awkward between us, and I don’t want to lose my hyung. So I just want to say, stay away from Sungmin if you see him as a man hyung. If you see him as your little brother, then please treat him well.”

 

Heechul was stunned. He didn’t want to predict who the bastard that told Kyuhyun about the horrible night was, and he didn’t want to kick Kangin’s right now, so he would just pass it. But the fact that Kyuhyun opened up his feeling like this made him thinking that Sungmin was a real hero. Well, guess Kyuhyun spent so much time with Sungmin because he himself knew how great Sungmin was. “I buried my feeling towards Sungmin long time ago, when I realized that Sungmin would just runaway if I acted the way I did.” It was Heechul’s time to confess now. It was actually amusing for him. “I know Sungmin sees me as his big brother because he doesn’t have anyone to lean on, and I become one, but I receive it wrong.”

 

“Everyone does that sometimes.” Kyuhyun shrugged, because he knew the feeling when the earlier time he knew Sungmin. That boy was just really adorable and kind hearted he thought the bunny liked him first.

 

“I promise to treat him nicely—I did it even before you know him, dammit!” Heechul gave his lovely dongsaeng another hit on his head. “And don’t tell me what should I do, I know what I do you brat!”

 

“Seriously, if you two won’t come, then I’ll have all of this.” Donghae suddenly showed up behind their back, hands on his waist to warn them that they had their time to talk and he was waiting like a fool and he was really hungry but the two didn’t finish their talking. “Hurry up and eat! I’m really hungry.” Kyuhyun and Heechul shared a laugh before they follow on Donghae, oblivious to Donghae’s smile for them. How couldn’t you be happy for them?

 

----

 

To Be Continued