Chapter 20 - End

Take My Hand

Sungmin parked his car on the side of the road. He magnified the still cute but taller the now teenager Lee Minseok on front of him, making sure the latter wore his uniform nicely and ready for the first day of his high school life. The older reached on the back of his seat to take the youngest Lee his school bag, fixing Minseok’s hair in the process. “Make sure you get friends today, okay? It’s fine to stick with Luhan, but don’t forget to know others. I’ll ask you later in the evening about school, okay?”

 

The said Minseok nodded his head with a beautiful smile. He knew his brother—albeit the fact that he wasn’t six years old Minseok anymore, his brother still treated him like a kid. He didn’t complain, though. He liked being the younger because everybody spoiled him. “Okay, hyung, don’t worry,” he said as he kissed his brother’s cheek. “I’ll tell you everything even before you ask.” The older smiled at this. He kept his eyes on his little brother as the latter made move to his new school.

 

It was a long ago when he attended the same school as Minseok. Lee Sungmin was twenty seven now. He wasn’t a student anymore, and he was adopted to his lover’s family. He was part of Cho family, and so were his brothers. Kyuhyun was working on his father’s company as the heir CEO, so his father retired from his job to have a calm and harmony day of his. Mrs. Cho on the other hand opened up a boutique of her own brand, and Sungmin worked as her designer. Everything went well and Sungmin couldn’t be happier than this. He didn’t know the encounter he had on the sidewalk with Kyuhyun would strive this kind of fate. Fate is surely surprising.

 

Sungmin made his way to the place he had the best time ever: Kim Heechul’s café. It was so nostalgic he couldn’t pass the place before he went to his office. Kim Heechul was being Heenim as always. He never changed even after the accident they had long time ago. Although years already passed, the almighty Kim Heechul was still as high and beautiful as ever. Sungmin couldn’t help but ask the older if he was a vampire, because he looked like he never age. And Sungmin was grateful of appearance of a Chinese man to the café. He thought Heechul wouldn’t get someone to be by his side as ever, but this stupid but handsome Chinese man came and loyally watched over Kim Heechul like he was jobless. But Kangin said he had job that only Heechul knew.

 

“Welcome, fluffy.” Heechul greeted him as he walked in to the café with light step. Well, he was happy because he wanted to meet someone here as well. “You look high like you’re just getting your morning .”

 

“You know you should stop your dirty jokes because I don’t want your employees hear you.” Sungmin barked back at him. “And stop calling me fluffy because I lost my weight around half a kilo already!” Sungmin was still Sungmin, Heechul thought—the younger one was pouting at things he said as usual.

 

Heechul smirked. He knew who Sungmin revered to. “Well, you have to know the employee you’re talking about is having his breakfast in the back with this cutie from his college and I see a hickey on this cutie’s neck.” Sungmin’s eye balls got so big—the hell with that?! Sungmin told his brother to be careful of his dating life, and he didn’t want Jinki to get married before him—he didn’t want Jinki to get married before he had a well paid job! And they did it already. “You should see the cutie before they’re married, right?”

 

“S-stop talking nonsense!”

 

“And I know you’ll say things like this because Sungmin hyung always asks me weird things home!” Jinki appeared from the back door, looking all annoyed. “Stop making my brother all fuming because I didn’t bring anyone here!”

 

Heechul chuckled. Well, he loved teasing Sungmin because the latter always got tricked all over again. Like, he was his favorite toys so he couldn’t stop playing with him. And Jinki was Sungmin’s brother so he got another toy besides his favorite one and when he played with both of them, the game would be better. Oh well, he knew when Sungmin told Kyuhyun about this the devil king would make fun of him when they met. That evil is really devil king.

 

“Well, you should tell him soon about your lover anyway, no?” Heechul’s smirk got wider when he saw Jinki’s reddened face and Sungmin’s wider eyes. It’s amazing how Sungmin’s eyes could get wider like that actually. “Caramel macchiato, right? Your usual?” the boss was finally doing his real job, Jinki thought.

 

Sungmin gave his card as he took a glimpse of his younger brother who chose to be all silent at what Heechul said. Should he ask Jinki about whom was he dating? He felt like a mother who couldn’t take the reality that his son is finally an adult, damn. But he was curious as hell and he couldn’t think about anything else than Jinki’s lover. “Thank you,” Sungmin said as he received his order and his card. Heechul was still all smiley when Sungmin his heels and saw the stalker man sitting on the corner of the café. “Oh hyung, he still comes? Have you given your answer yet?”

 

“What?” Heechul stopped on his track, looking all oblivious to what Sungmin was talking about.

 

“That man over there. That Hankyung man who has this overwhelming feeling when you two are talking.” Now Jinki was thinking about revenge. Heechul never told anyone about his love life, and him being all talkative about others’ just driving him crazy. If only he could get his revenge, it’s now or never.

 

Jinki cleared his throat, “I heard that he’s coming to your place to confess his feeling? And I heard that the rose petals still all over your place because apparently you two forget to clean up after a hot, steamy night…” and if anyone curious as to when Jinki learnt to smirk like devil, the answer is in Cho Kyuhyun. “Someone said that it was a noisy night so he couldn’t get his precious sleep.”

 

“Damn Donghae…” Heechul cursed under his breath. “Stop saying nonsense because I’ll send the picture of you two kissing to your hyung like right now!” being Heenim he was, he took out his phone and browsing some pictures on his phone to send one to Sungmin’s contact. Well he was really serious and Jinki couldn’t do anything about that. He didn’t know Heechul kept something as dirty as that!

 

“That’s unfair hyung! Don’t send Sungmin hyung anything unappropriated!”

 

“I’ll leave.” Sungmin quickly made his way out before he dragged into a messed war inside that café. Well he did receive something on his phone—he’d check that later. At least he knew who his brother was seeing, haha. Although Jinki wouldn’t like it when he snuck into his problem like this, but his curiousness was just killing him.

 

Half an hour later, Sungmin parked his car in front of his work place. He took his work bag on the back seat, which had papers of drawing designs of his own, and confidently walked in to the boutique named after his mother in law. This building had three floors, the first floor is the shop where his designs were showed off, while the upper floor is the office of all the employees. When he walked pass the front door, the employee called Kim Misun greeted him but in confused way. “Sungmin-sshi, I thought you wouldn’t come today?”

 

Sungmin stopped at his track and made his way to the front desk instead. He saw the upcoming date of upcoming events, making sure he didn’t miss even a day. “Why? I didn’t say I’d absent today, though. I’ve clearly said I want to finish at least two or three designs today.” He recorded everything he could from the schedule and took times to approach his worker. “And why could you assume that, Misun-ah?”

 

“Mrs. Cho called this morning to inform that you wouldn’t come today. I thought you had another schedule outside.” Sungmin frowned to this news. Now this was confusing. He took breakfast this morning with Minseok only because Jinki said he had morning shift and so he hadn’t meet face to face with his lover’s mother. They hadn’t had any talk this morning, so why Mrs. Cho called office to tell that he was absent?

 

“I’ll go up and talk to Mrs. Cho myself, okay?” Sungmin shared his smile before he his heels and walked to his work place. It was still bugging him how his mother would call the office about his absent. Did he look like he needed rest after he sent Minseok off? Or his face was pale that he needed to go to see the doctor? She could just text him or call him to ask his condition, though.

 

Sungmin was so into his thoughts he jumped when his phone turned off. He coughed a little bit before he saw the flashed name on his phone. Oh, that was his lover. With a smile, Sungmin picked up the phone and greeted the other one sweetly. “Hello there fiancée~”

 

“Pffft. What was that?” Kyuhyun snorted to the phone. Although Sungmin knew he didn’t really snorted. He knew very well that his boyfriend liked it very much when he did aegyo like this. “What are you doing?”

 

“Just arrived. Nothing much, I was just taking a seat when you called.” Sungmin couldn’t suppress his smile. “You know, your mother called here this morning to inform that I wouldn’t come. You know about this?” it was just his guess. Sometimes when Mrs. Cho did something unusual, Kyuhyun was behind it.

 

It was silent for a moment. Sungmin assumed that it was Kyuhyun’s doing, then. “You know…” Kyuhyun started, sounded a little bit hesitate to say something on his mind. “I’m taking a break today.” What? So Mrs. Cho actually dialed the wrong number? She should’ve been calling Kyuhyun’s workplace, not his. “So why don’t we take little trip around the city?”

 

----

 

It was actually unbelievable. Here he was, bottom on the mat over the green grass, his foot was resting on top of the other one. On his right side were foods and beverages he bought earlier, while someone was laying on the mat with his head on Sungmin’s lap as pillow. The day was bright yet cloudy, the wind was blowing slowly which could make you sleep in just a minute, and the atmosphere was just right for them to sleeping on the spot. It was ten in the morning, and nobody was around because today was Monday.

 

The laying man was keeping his eyes closed although he didn’t sleep, but sometimes he sneaked a peak at his lover who had this dreamy look all the time he saw the Han River. The breeze worked so hard to feel the sleepiness came as he kept his eyes closed. He didn’t want to sleep because he wanted to make used of his absent to have date with his beloved one. When lunch time over, they had to pick up the youngest Lee, so he didn’t want waste time to nothingness. So he made up his mind, adjusted his position at his lover’s lap to completely face the cute face that looked like it never aging.

 

Sungmin felt a on his cheek when he was daydreaming. It was his boyfriend who did that. “What? Being all romantic in dating place like this?” Sungmin said in a playful tone albeit his hand had back Kyuhyun’s. “I don’t know you’re the romantic type.”

 

“I always have been, believe me.” Kyuhyun chuckled on his own words. It was true, actually. All these times they were together, Kyuhyun had always been the romantic one by doing surprise to Sungmin every chance he had. Sungmin was the type who accepted whatever Kyuhyun did, and so he said something sweet in return and always gave the initiative to kissing or hugging or even more than that. “You know, I’m very grateful to have you here.” Kyuhyun felt like it was his second confession. His hands were trembling but in a nice way.

 

“Is it time for confession?” Sungmin playfully asked although inside was crumbling down from overwhelming feeling. He couldn’t control his feeling so he decided to play it cool. But the look Kyuhyun gave him almost made him give away but he kept it cool anyway.

 

“Well, it is,” Kyuhyun shrugged. “I just remembered the day we met. Now that we’re together, it feels like it was fate even from the start. You didn’t know me, and so did I. I still feel sorry for Heechul hyung, but it’s great that he has someone to lean on.” Kyuhyun sat himself against Sungmin’s body, thinking if it’s better to see him in his eyes or just continue to confess. “Now that I’m 26, everything seems different from when I was 16. I think I was too naïve and thought too much about myself. I feel regret not to treat hyungs and Donghae better.”

 

Sungmin smiled. He let his body bumped against Kyuhyun’s as he listened to the younger’s long story. “Thank you for always be there for me.” The Cho then reached for Sungmin’s hand. “Thanks for always giving me advice albeit the situation you are in. I know it very well how hard you worked back then, and sorry for only helping in watching over Jinki and Minseok. Thanks for opening your heart for my parents even though they didn’t accept you at first. Thanks for always sharing what you have although it was the last thing you had in your pocket. Thanks for always understanding the selfish me, and thanks for accepting my feeling though the confession wasn’t nice at all.” The confessing man was snorted at the memory of theirs. “Kissing, seriously?”

 

“You asked first!” Sungmin turned his body to hit Kyuhyun’s back proper hits. Well yeah, hits—because the latter hits Kyuhyun at least three times. “Don’t say such embarrassing things… although I feel the same way as you…” Sungmin went back to stare at the river. He didn’t know since when he became a shy cat. He usually expressed his feeling better, but even from he knew Kyuhyun and went out with that brat, he felt he felt shy easily. And he believed he was blushing at what he said. “W-what happen today actually?”

 

The devil king was laughing. He felt embarrassed as well, so he hid it behind his laugh. But then he wrapped his arms around his lover and gave a peck on his nose. “Mom gave us a permission to go broad for our wedding. And I’ve prepared anything from the place, the suit mom chooses between your designs, the foods and the hotel… also, dad gave us plane tickets for Japan because a certain someone loves Japan so much.”

 

Wait, what? Like seriously—Sungmin hadn’t heard anything about marriage and honey moon package—it was too sudden! He didn’t know how to react because Kyuhyun said it nowhere like propose at all. And he didn’t say it like he was asking for a one week holiday—he decided everything without Sungmin know it! At least it should’ve been romantic.

 

“Are you serious?” Sungmin said it in both flat tone and flat face. “I feel like hearing my boyfriend’s going to marry someone else rather than a propose.”

 

Kyuhyun made an amusing face. Well he knew he was romantic, but he didn’t know how to get Sungmin to say yes to his propose. He knew Sungmin would say yes anyway, so he did it in casual way. And he knew Sungmin would still say yes anyway. “I know there’s fashion show you need to attend and you still have a load works to do, so I thought it’d be better to ask mom for help. So after the fashion show you attended last week, I believe that you can empty your schedule for a week because we will have our wedding. Right?”

 

Sungmin scrunched his nose. Kyuhyun found it cute. “But still! You should at least bring a ring and rose and pick me to a nice restaurant rather than sitting all day like a frustrated person thinking about jumping into the wa—” Sungmin’s words cut by the only devil king, Kyuhyun, by kissing him. Their mouths were suddenly busy searching for each other’s opening that let their tongues clashed. For Kyuhyun it was the best kissing he had had. His left hand reached for Sungmin’s right hand, while the other kneaded on Sungmin’s temple—his weak spot. His magic hands then moved to his coat’s pocket to pick up a shiny silver ring he made the other day. It was simple yet elegant, and so his now satisfied hands moved to put that ring on Sungmin’s finger.

 

Their kiss was so intense that made the passing elementary kids giggling. But let them be, because when Sungmin and Kyuhyun broke their kiss, Sungmin’s eyes were teary. He didn’t know Kyuhyun knew his size. “And of course I bring the ring. No ring, no propose.”

 

“Dork Kyu.”

 

----

 

-The End-

 

A/N:

OH MY GOD, OHMYGOD, FINALLY IT'S OVER~ Thank you for those who has read this story through the end ;; I really am sorry because I delayed this and frankly, I lost my skill of writing ;; so I guess it's rather boring or senseless... well, at least I completed it anyway :") and really really thank you for spending time here and even give me comments :") I guess there's not much of KyuMin fans anymore since the Aegyo King is married now ;; it's saddening but it's the reality... And I hope we get to see Sungmin in SuJu's comeback ;;

 

And Last, see you in other opportunity~ :)