Chapter 13

Take My Hand

“Oh, Kyuhyun. What a time.” Siwon opened his door more to let Kyuhyun in. He was in the middle of making cupcakes with his mother (he couldn’t say no to help his mother) and Kyuhyun came as the cupcakes was just out from the oven. “Kibum’s inside. He comes to taste my very first cupcakes but refuses to help me. What a friend.”

 

“It seems like you two get along well without me.” Kyuhyun said soullessly as he made his way to the kitchen. Mrs. Choi was there waving at him with a pan of cupcakes. She was as lovely as Siwon when he was in church.

 

“Geez, jealous like Kibum is your boyfriend.” Siwon rolled his eyes at his friend. “My house’s literally his second house, for your information. And you’re busy with Sungmin so I just get myself busy with Kibum too. And he’s not complaining at all.”

 

“So you want to say Kibum is literally your boyfriend now?” Kyuhyun smirked at his own thought. Well, he would become evil Kyu whenever he got bad mood. So get used at this, okay?

 

“You and your crazy thought.” Siwon smacked him. “Anyway, you won’t run here because Sungmin’s busy. Usually you’ll wait for him in his workplace. I smell something suspicious.”

 

“What are you referring to, actually?” Kyuhyun took seat on Siwon’s bed (yeah, they quarreled on their way to Siwon’s room on second floor)—but kicked the sleeping Kibum beforehand to be able to sleep all he wanted. “You’re trying to say I’m breaking up with Sungmin.”

 

“What are you referring to, Kyuhyun?” Siwon asked as he helped Kibum got his senses back. Poor Kibum. “And don’t be too harsh. Kibum’s just asleep a while ago.”

 

“See, you and your boyfriend.” Kyuhyun decided to play with Siwon’s PSP rather than gave a to now rampaging Kibum. Well, he fell from the bed so he probably went mad to Kyuhyun. “I just missed my friends, even I can’t do that?”

 

“Tch. My .” Kibum took Siwon’s couch instead to continue his sleeping. “You don’t even remember us when you’re with Sungmin. What happen to your boyfriend? Got him cheating on you?”

 

Kyuhyun kept silence. Actually he was holding himself back to not kicking Kibum again. Kibum got the point and he didn’t want to talk about Sungmin until his anger calmed down but his friends kept mentioning the name and he couldn’t shoo away the anger. They just wanted to show how much they hated him, didn’t they? Did Kyuhyun make the right choice to come here?

 

“Watch your words, Kibum.” Siwon warned him, knowing it would be so bad to both of them to fight here. They wouldn’t let the other win if they fought, and Siwon would be in so much danger because they would literally kick each other’s asses. And Siwon’s. They just couldn’t be stopped. “Let’s just taste the cupcakes, okay? I’ll bring it here.” And Siwon disappeared behind his door.

 

The room went so in peace. Kyuhyun thought Kibum had went asleep again, but Kibum then his left side. He faced Kyuhyun who was looking at him in puzzled. “You know I’m right. I can see it in your eyes.”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it, okay?”

 

“Why?” Kibum sat on the couch instead. “You won’t feel relief at all if you don’t talk it out—as if you can solve your own problem.”

 

Kibum was right. He never solved his own problem. Whenever he had problem he ran to one of his friends. He always asked what he had to do, or could he run away from his problem for only one night. He had no courage to face his own problem. The first time he faced his own problem was when his parent decided to divorce. Thanks to Sungmin who had pushed him into the edge so he braved himself to talk to his father. The result was unexpected. He didn’t know that his parent went back together, and he was all better when they were happy in their home. He even could say his house as home now. So why did he run away from his problem again?

 

“It’s just too soon… I really don’t want to talk about it.” Kyuhyun avoided Kibum’s eyes when he talked. Kibum knew himself more than Siwon did. He always picked fight with him, but deep inside they knew each other well. Just like right know, Kibum knew how his words had hurt Kyuhyun and he knew Kyuhyun couldn’t take it alone. Soon Kyuhyun would talk it out and asked for a solution. Kyuhyun was always like that.

 

“Just talk whenever you’re ready to tell us. It’s not healthy to keep anything bad inside, you know.” Kibum then laid himself back on the couch. “Anyway, your kick is really hurt, man. I think I’ll have bruise in my .”

 

“Then have Siwon kiss it for you—he’ll like it for sure.”

 

----

 

Sungmin had a good day today. Fixing everything up with Heechul was giving him strength to work more, but the older said he had to finish his shift today and went home to meet his brothers. And Kyuhyun. Speaking of Kyuhyun, he didn’t show up today. Usually he waited for Sungmin to finish his shift and they would spend time in Sungmin’s place then Kyuhyun would go home when the night fell. But Kyuhyun didn’t even text him today. Did something happen with Kyuhyun?

 

Sungmin decided to make something delicious for his brothers tonight. Although he wouldn’t buy meat like when Kyuhyun was around, but his brothers liked vegetable and egg roll so much. He would make curry udon and big egg roll which had variety of vegetable. May be he should put some mushroom too. Actually Sungmin felt something was off. He usually cooked for his brothers, but lately Kyuhyun often visited their home so he cooked for more person, and tonight he bought an extra portion for Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun was not around. Oh my, how this little bunny missed his handsome fox.

 

Jinki and Minseok were happy to see Sungmin with groceries when Sungmin came back home. They helped their oldest brother in the kitchen, although Minseok actually drank the strawberry milk Sungmin had bought for him (and looked after Jinki’s banana milk for him). Jinki was actually good in arranging things. Sungmin didn’t know this because he was the one who did all the chores, not knowing Jinki was the one who was in charge of this little house when he was work outside. His little brother was grown up already.

 

“What will we have today, Minnie hyung?” Minseok asked as he emptied his milk, finding nothing to do so he just asked his brother. “Will we have egg roll?” he asked in a cute way and he was so excited when he saw the bowl with eggs Sungmin had in his hands.

 

“Yes, we will have special egg roll tonight.” Sungmin answered as excited as Minseok—he even clapped his hands. “And we will have curry udon, so can Minseok help hyung find Minseok’s napkin?” Minseok nodded in eager and quickly searched for his napkin, the thing he needed the most when his brother cooked noodles because he would probably make the table in mess.

 

“Kyuhyun hyung doesn’t come tonight?” Jinki asked out of curiosity but made it like he was just asking casually like he didn’t care at all. Recently Jinki was attached to Kyuhyun. They talked, played, laughed, and even sang together. When Jinki had problems with his homework he wouldn’t search for him anymore when Kyuhyun came. He said he understood Kyuhyun’s explanation better. Sungmin was actually happy to see Jinki had someone to talk to. He didn’t act his age, and Sungmin thought that must be why Jinki and Kyuhyun got close easier.

 

“I’ll call him after I cook, okay?” Sungmin smiled to his other brother, ruffled his fluffy hair before he fried the egg on the pan. Making a big egg roll was a hard work, and he had to concentrate to fold it nicely or he would break the egg. And Minseok wouldn’t like that.

 

How many times Sungmin called Kyuhyun, the latter wouldn’t pick it up at all. Sungmin didn’t know what he had done wrong, but his boyfriend probably was mad at him. Kyuhyun never ignored his calls at all. So he told Jinki Kyuhyun had something important to do and the said boyfriend would come tomorrow so that the kid wouldn’t worry over him. It was Sungmin who worried all night. When he clean the table for Minseok and Jinki studying he couldn’t stop thinking about Kyuhyun. Guess he should ask Kyuhyun’s friends to know his whereabouts.

 

“H-hello?”

 

“You sound cute!” This over-excited tone was actually annoyed Sungmin. “Do you actually call me to know me more?”

 

Seriously, what was wrong with this bastard?!

 

“E-erm… Donghae-sshi?” Sungmin said carefully, “you know Eunhyuk wouldn’t like that if he knew this, right?”

 

“Y-you know Eunhyuk?! HOW?!” the last word was literally shouted. Sungmin had to move back his cheap phone to shield his ear.

 

“It’s Sungmin, Lee Sungmin.” He said in lazy tone, too frustrated to talk to Donghae already. “Do you know where Kyuhyun is?”

 

“Kyuhyun? Isn’t he with you? I think he came to the café today, but I didn’t see him when I arrived. Kangin hyung said he looked pissed.”

 

This made Sungmin thinking. Was there something in café that could make Kyuhyun mad and ignore him? Was there someone who fight with Kyuhyun at Heechul’s café? Kyuhyun rarely seen with anybody else, so it wasn’t like he would fight with anyone who showed their face on Heechul’s café. Or… could he?

 

Sungmin immediately hung up and search for another person who had a probability for Kyuhyun to run to when he didn’t choose Heechul’s gang to meet up with. The only friends Kyuhyun had besides Heechul’s gang were Siwon and Kibum. He called Siwon though, knowing that Kibum wouldn’t be as wise as Siwon to this matter.

 

“Choi Siwon’s speaking.”

 

What a way to pick up friend’s call. “Siwon-sshi? It’s Sungmin.” Sungmin wished Siwon would tell him everything he needed. He didn’t know where to ask any more if Siwon wouldn’t help him. “Do you know where Kyuhyun is?”

 

“Ah… it seems like you two had a fight, no?” Siwon chuckled on the other line. “He came here today, acting all evil in my room, even take control of my bed and letting no one touching it. He’s just going home actually. Why don’t you call him?”

 

“He… won’t pick up my calls…”

 

There was a silence for a bit. “Ah, is that so?” Sungmin heard ruffled voices on the other. “You know, when he’s mad it’s better to let him be for a while. But if you can’t do that, then come to him. I’ll let you know where he lives.”

 

“You really want to help me?” Sungmin almost had this tears on his eyes if he didn’t remember his brothers were in the same room as him. “Can I have his address?”

 

“I’ll text you. Make sure you fix things up with him, ‘kay? He’s such a jerk when he’s on his period.”

 

Sungmin couldn’t ask for more. He promised to Kyuhyun’s friend he wouldn’t make things difficult for them and for the others. He wanted to know what made Kyuhyun mad and also talked things out. He wished Kyuhyun still wanted to see him though.

 

----

 

The night was fast fallen when Kyuhyun decided to make move of his own body from Siwon’s place, too much of Kibum and Siwon’s skin ship. But he liked the food Mrs. Choi made. It was far different from his house, where the maid was the one who cooked the meal. Although his mother was home already, she rarely cooked except Kyuhyun asked her for it, and so he spent the dinner time in Sungmin’s place. Luckily his parent didn’t ask him for that.

 

Anyway, talking about Sungmin, he still gotten mad from the earlier scene. He didn’t touch his phone at all though he knew Sungmin would call him because he didn’t give excuse to why he didn’t show up at café today. And he really had a bad mood but he didn’t know how to cure that. Sungmin was the one who could make him in mood to almost anything, but the mood maker was the one who caused this all. What should he do?

 

“Kyuhyun-ah.”

 

And he even heard the love of his life’s sweet voice from a far. He did really love Sungmin. He sighed. Why everything in his life had Sungmin on it? It wasn’t long for him to know Sungmin but the latter often showed up on his mind.

 

“Kyuhyun, hey!”

 

Wait, did he hear right? It wasn’t his imagination that he heard Sungmin’s voice. It was actually his boyfriend’s voice. He stopped on his track, looking around in caution because he was afraid Sungmin’s voice was actually only on his mind. But then he found the love of his life standing not too far from him, in thin gray sweater and long jeans, with black scarf probably the only one he had, and it was very cold outside. He didn’t even wear coat or something warmer, and Kyuhyun knew the smaller was shivering from cold because hell, it was snowing outside!

 

“Why are you here?!” Kyuhyun quickly came to Sungmin who had this cute smile on his face while Kyuhyun was busy covering him in his warm coat. “Are you crazy?!”

 

“Yes, I’m crazy because of you~” Sungmin chuckled at his own love line. “Why didn’t you pick up my calls? I’m so worried…”

 

Kyuhyun didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know to admit that he was jealous of Heechul because Sungmin would laugh at it, but he wanted to hear Sungmin’s explanation too. He was both confused and mad at himself. “I was at Siwon’s so I didn’t see my phone at all.”

 

Kyuhyun saw Sungmin’s saddened face. “But you never ignore my calls whatever you do…” he was right. Kyuhyun had always happily picked Sungmin’s calls up. He never ignored Sungmin’s calls, not until today. “I know there’s something off… tell me? Did I do something wrong?” you did something terrible Kyuhyun couldn’t stop thinking of it, Sungmin. You should be punished, you know. “Kyuhyun-ah…”

 

“Earlier,” Kyuhyun started, slowly head towards the nearest bench on the now quiet park. “I saw you in Heechul hyung’s room.” Apparently it explain everything because from that sentence only Sungmin started talking about the night Heechul confessed his feeling. Sungmin said he didn’t want anything untold between them. He said he told Heechul that they were in relationship now and Sungmin loved Kyuhyun so Heechul wouldn’t have a chance but he didn’t want Heechul to hate him. Kyuhyun was closing his lips tight to hear more from Sungmin, and his feelings were mixed inside. He wanted to punch Heechul on his cheek but he couldn’t be mad at the older. At least Sungmin drew a clear line between them.

 

“I’m so sorry… I didn’t think you would see that.” Sungmin lowered his gaze. “If I knew you saw that, I probably ran to you the time you saw us.”

 

Sungmin looked like a lost puppy. Add puppy ears then Kyuhyun would bring him home. Without the second thought Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin by the coat and kissed him full of his thin lips. They shared a sweet kiss for a moment before Kyuhyun pulled back, gave a kiss on Sungmin’s lips corner before he said, “I love you. Don’t ever think of letting me go, okay?” Sungmin smiled back at him, nodded in eager.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

They forced to shove down their own saliva because there, in front of the parked car, was standing Mrs. Cho with her formal outfit, face reddened probably because of shock she had, and hands were in tight fists, ready to punch someone. Kyuhyun didn’t know why his life had to encounter things like this.

 

----

 

So, it's been a year or so... I'M SO SORRY ;;;;;;;;;

I don't know, at first I thought nobody was reading this story, and then I got busy of school and then I remembered I had this account and also this story. I thought no, maybe it's not really the best thing to continue this story but I got this story this much and it was only a couple or more before it ends in my laptop and so, yeah... why don't I try to finish it, then? But well, I really really am sorry about stopped writing this story... I promise to myself to finish this, although the story is kinda boring and oldschool, lol.

 

Happy reading, anyway :)