Chapter 8

Take My Hand

Sungmin and Kyuhyun had reached Lee brothers’ place. It was quite a nice place although the size was smaller than his own room. The living room and the kitchen was in one room, and they only had one mini table in the living room. There were two doors on the right side, one was the bathroom and across was their room. They slept in one room apparently. But the place was so neat Kyuhyun couldn’t see any dust there. They only had two frames on the wall. One was Sungmin and his brothers—probably they got them recently, and the other one was their parents. How the kids’ feeling when they see their parents figure when they felt longing of their parents?

 

Minseok greeted his hyung and the guest happily when Sungmin opened the door. Jinki was doing his homework on the table, but then he widened his eyes when he saw Kyuhyun. “Oh, the pork hyung!” of course Jinki remembered—it was only yesterday Kyuhyun gave three servings of pork without saying anything. “You come!”

 

“Jinki, greeting first. It’s Kyuhyun hyung for you.” Sungmin warned him (Jinki did as he told immediately) as he made his way to the kitchen and started to pack out everything. “Can you wait with Jinki and Minseok, Kyuhyun?”

 

“I can’t help?” Kyuhyun asked as he approached Sungmin who was busy rinsed everything on the sink. “At least I can taste the soup.”

 

Sungmin frowned. “You call that helping?” Sungmin chuckled. Kyuhyun was really childish. He didn’t think Kyuhyun would be this childish though, because Kyuhyun always had this dark aura with him wherever he go. Turned it was something weighing on his shoulders he couldn’t get rid of. Sungmin knew he shouldn’t intervene with Kyuhyun’s issues, but seeing the latter so sad and in the edge of crying made him doing the other else. He wanted to see Kyuhyun’s smile more.

 

“Donghae knows exactly that’s what I’m good at.” Kyuhyun boasted like it was the greatest thing. “And also knows everything will turn out to be ash if I try making something. You don’t want to see your lovely kitchen to be our last resort, don’t you?” Kyuhyun laughed as he helped the now laughing Sungmin. Kyuhyun was easily to read—that was what Sungmin thought. This Kyuhyun was completely different from the Kyuhyun he found on the street that time.

 

“It’s okay, I just need you to build new kitchen for me.” Sungmin chuckled. “I bet you don’t want to lose your lunches, Mr. Cho.” Sungmin sang a song as he washed the ingredients on the sink. A big pot laid on the stove as Sungmin chopped the vegetable, before he took a glance to Kyuhyun. “Why? You want to taste the raw water?”

 

Kyuhyun scrunched his face due to stupid offer. “Really Sungmin? You should’ve just ask me to taste the sprouts.” Kyuhyun leaned on the counter to watch Sungmin made everything tonight, oblivious to Minseok and Jinki’s stares on his back. Actually Minseok and Jinki were shocked to see him tonight because Sungmin didn’t tell them anything this morning—because they had no phone to inform one another—and Kyuhyun didn’t look like he came for knowing Minseok and Jinki better. Minseok liked to have guests on his house because he liked to meet someone new, but Jinki just saw how Kyuhyun tried to woo his brother. He knew that was just like his friend did every day (Jonghyun always teased this certain girl from their neighbor class and said that Jonghyun like this girl to Jinki) and Kyuhyun did no different. The way Kyuhyun smile was no near amused or entertained as friends did, but more like lovely. Too sweet to look at.

 

“Are you sure you’re here to have dinner with us?” Jinki asked out of the blue, making Kyuhyun turned back to the said boy. “You look like you’re ready to spend night here.”

 

“Wha—I have home, thought.”

 

Silence.

 

Jinki turned his head to Minseok who cutely tilted his head. “Mr. Pork, I know you have home.” Jinki rolled his eyes in frustration—he knew this guy wasn’t as poor as he and his brother were, really. “I mean, you look like you won’t be able to leave latter when we finish with our dinner.”

 

Kyuhyun raised his brow. Wow. Sungmin’s little brother was nowhere near Sungmin. Sungmin wasn’t blurting out type like this one, and Kyuhyun detected a warning here as he saw the look Jinki gave him. Kyuhyun felt like he had stolen Sungmin. “Well… if that happens, you won’t let me?”

 

“I will!” Minseok, on the other hand, feeling so happy he was going to hug Kyuhyun’s slender legs. This bundle of joy was just happy to have someone spending night at their little place. He wanted to show Kyuhyun his handwriting he had learnt at his day care. And he would show Kyuhyun his books and of course, make the older read the book for him. Jinki didn’t say anything, though. He knew at the end Kyuhyun would end up on their room, anyway. Sungmin wouldn’t say no to anyone like this one. Oh yes, Sungmin was so much like Minseok—couldn’t say no to everybody’s words. Unlike Jinki, yeah.

 

So, at least, Kyuhyun did eat with Lee family. The meats Kyuhyun had bought vanished in seconds the meat cooked enough to be eaten, with Kyuhyun and Jinki, of course. They even fought over a slice of meat when Sungmin took care of the youngest you couldn’t properly use the chopsticks, but then Sungmin gave him looks that could calm their souls down. It was the happiest dinner Kyuhyun had ever had. It was usually quiet dinner time for Kyuhyun. His father thought him about table manner, and he haven’t ever made his father disappointed. He was happy to have Jinki to fight with him. He was happy to feed the youngest Lee because the latter looked like a little rabbit for him. He was happy to share his meat with Sungmin who had this big smile on his cute face although Kyuhyun rejected the bean sprouts soup bowl he gave. It was a best memory Kyuhyun had ever done.

 

Just as Jinki assumed earlier, Kyuhyun ended up on their mini table with Sungmin’s big shirt (all of Sungmin’s shirts were so big because their aunt gave him) and pajama pants. Jinki actually amused to this older boy. He liked the latter, but he didn’t like to show it off. It was only making that jerk’s head big like a stupid clown.

 

“It’s not good to drink soda before sleep, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin said as he closed the door before him—Minseok was deep asleep because he’s exhausted from too much showed Kyuhyun around. Jinki was already in bed with Minseok. “You look like a drunk ahjusshi.”

 

“I’m not drunk.” Kyuhyun gulped down his cola before he shifted a bit for Sungmin to sit beside him. “I thought you were sleeping inside.”

 

“I was planning to, but I remember I have a kid here to put on the bed also.” Sungmin chuckled. He took a glass and poured strawberry juice they bought and drink it. Usually he drank a glass of milk, but Kyuhyun had bought them strawberry juice instead, he would drink it for Kyuhyun until its last drop. “Sleepy yet?”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head. He tasted cola over his tongue, but he liked it. Perhaps he’d drink soju instead when he was old enough to consume alcohol. Drinks like this helped him through his problems even it didn’t solve anything. He just felt calmer. “Sungmin…” Kyuhyun opened up before he faced the smaller boy, “thank you. For today, it’s really fun to be here.” Kyuhyun gave his best smile, the smile he could never show to anyone at his state right now. His smile never felt more sincere than this.

 

Sungmin, as if he’s attacked, felt like his heart was skipping a beat. It was the first time he saw how handsome Kyuhyun was, and he liked it to his bottom heart. He knew seeing someone’s smile was precious as heaven, but he never knew making other smile like this made his cheeks burning. He could feel Kyuhyun’s cola like breath on his own face, making him gulped down his own saliva. The room felt hot suddenly, and he couldn’t think straight because he knew it exactly how their space decreased slowly. “Hey, Sungmin.” Sungmin swore he could taste the cola on his own tongue just from Kyuhyun’s breath.

 

“Y-yeah?” why the hell he was stuttering?!

 

“Can I kiss you?”

 

 

 

----

 

“You look troubled, hyung.” Heechul grabbed his mind back when he felt someone sat beside him. He was supposed to savor his high class dinner (usually he just had instant ramen or even jajangmyun) which Yesung brought (it was beef soup and japchae!) from his boyfriend place (saying that it was too much for both of them), but he had no appetite. He didn’t mean to show Yesung he didn’t like the food—it was the mood. He had no mood to eat right now—he just wanted to lay on his bed all the night. His mind was full of fear.

 

“It’s okay…”

 

“You look like Kyuhyun, you know. Dark aura all over you.” Yesung laughed at his own words—only to get smacked by Heechul. Heechul left his plate to the refrigerator to pick up the beer can. He gulped down plentiful of the liquid, pretty much gaining Yesung’s interest. “Seriously hyung, what happen to you?”

 

“Nothing.” Heechul shrugged as he sat back on his seat and resumed his dinner without word. Talking to Yesung sometimes got really hard because Yesung was caring too much of his friends, so he wouldn’t stop asking before he got the answer he wanted. Tonight Heechul just wouldn’t let Yesung know—not yet. He thought he should fight his fear alone, and when he was in the edge, he would ran to Kangin or Yesung. No, no Donghae because that brat would just laugh his off like usual. He was Heechul’s cousin but he was useless for this kind of things.

 

“You know you can’t hide anything from me right?” Yesung calmly said while sipped his own beer. He didn’t come here because his lover said so. He came here because he knew Heechul was somehow off these days, and he couldn’t let his friend in that term without anyone by his side. He asked his lover to make something for Heechul so he had reason to visit, and Heechul still lost on his thought. “I know you from before you had thought to open that café of yours.”

 

“And my café has been running for two years.” Heechul lazily answered—deep inside he knew he couldn’t hold back anymore if Yesung kept pushing him off.

 

“You dreamt about that café since you’re still in high school duh.” Yesung straightened his back as he stared sharply at the older man who paid no attention at all. “Is it about your wallet?”

 

Heechul frowned. “What about my wallet?”

 

Yesung cleared his throat. “M-maybe you have no money…” Heechul couldn’t help but smacked that big head of Yesung. “It hurts!” Yesung rubbed the spot Heechul hit, tears on his eyes. Oh he was actually weak on the head. “If it’s not about money, then it’s about your family? Is it your parents? Oh no!” Yesung gasped and his eyes widened, “It’s Donghae isn’t it?!”

 

Heechul inhaled deeply. “Do you even know my family?” Heechul asked, trying to be calm although his hand wanted to land hardly on Yesung’s big head so badly. Yesung was really unbelievable today.

 

Yesung thought for a sec. “Well, I know Donghae.” And that how his head got another smack from Heechul who left to sofa on the living room, planning on ignoring Yesung. Yesung stilled rubbing his head because it felt like on fire because despite how beautiful Heechul looked, he was strong as hell. “Then it’s about your heart.” It was not a question like he did twice before. Yesung knew the source of his friend’s solemnness, but he wanted Heechul told him in person. He wanted his friend let out whatever he had in his head to relieve his own feeling. “I’m right, am I?”

 

Heechul went silent. His grip on his can went tighter, his jaws clenched. His eyes no more focused on the TV screen, but he couldn’t get himself to look back at his friend who had dragged his own body to the armchair next to him. His mind went blank, nothing could he say in his startle state. Only Sungmin’s face appeared on his mind when he said the heart word. The next word Yesung said made him startled more, and he knew he really couldn’t ignore this friend of his anymore.

 

“It’s about Kyuhyun isn’t it?”

 

“W-what about Kyuhyun?”

 

Yesung exhaled deeply the same time as Heechul gulped his own saliva. The atmosphere on the living room was really tense Heechul couldn’t breathe properly though the ventilation was okay around the flat. Heechul tried his best not to show any emotion albeit the cold sweat on his forehead. “I don’t want to spill anything.” Yesung shrugged. “I want to hear from you in person. I know what happen, but it’s better to let it out. I know how you feel, but I don’t know the burden you’re feeling.”

 

Heechul chuckled out of the blue. Yesung, on the other hand, could see through Heechul’s chuckle. He could feel the sadness and hopelessness on Heechul’s expression as the latter changed laughing so hard the tears came out. That night Yesung decided to stay until morning to hear everything Heechul had hidden inside his heart all the time.

 

----

To Be Continued

 

A/N:

Sorry if it takes a long time to update :( my wifi got problem so I can't update like I plan to :(

Anyway, this chapter is finaly updated so, happy reading~ ^^ Thank you for reading and commenting and also subscribing~