Chapter 17

Take My Hand

Today Sungmin prepared Minseok and Jinki’s best outfit. The oldest Lee even made their lunch box rather expensive than what they usually had. Jinki would have a trip today with his school, and so Sungmin prepared the food well and of course, the money for him to buy anything he wanted. Jinki had talked about it from two weeks ago, and Sungmin had worked his body off these past two weeks, although he got problem with Kyuhyun last week. And so, because Jinki couldn’t be with Minseok today, Sungmin planned to bring Minseok along to his workplace and let him play on the corner of back room. Or he could ask his boss to borrow a table for Minseok to play, because he brought his bag filled with his drawing book and toys.

 

Jinki checked everything inside his bag to see what he hadn’t inserted, while Minseok was trying to comb his hair before the small mirror on the shelves. Sungmin walked inside to check on his brothers when he saw Minseok frowned in front of the mirror. “What happen, Minseok?” the oldest Lee walked toward the youngest as Minseok pouted.

 

“Hyung, Minseok’s hair is too long.” Minseok whined and showed the covered eyes of his as his brother took his comb. “Minseok can’t see~” he pouted more because the hair made his brother blurry.

 

“We’ll cut your hair after hyung finishes the work, okay?” Sungmin tried to convince his brother and took a hair band. “Today we’ll have your bang tied, okay? Minseok likes the apple hair, no?” Sungmin pulled Minseok into his lap to see Minseok’s hair better. He gathered the long bang and tied them together upward, and then he saw the smiling Minseok in return.

 

“Thank you hyung~” Minseok hugged his oldest brother before he showed Jinki his apple hair enthusiastically. Jinki said he was really cute and so all the way to Heechul’s café Minseok smiled so brightly that everybody that walked pass them smiling back to Minseok. Sungmin couldn’t be happier than this.

 

Sungmin and Minseok said goodbye to a calm Jinki in front of their house before they went to the café. Minseok was high all the way, apparently because it was his first time to go to Sungmin’s workplace. Sungmin had told him to be a good boy and Minseok promised him to do everything Sungmin said. And he wouldn’t cause any trouble because he brings his favorite toys. And of course, he would call his brother if he felt hungry or thirsty.

 

The first person who saw Minseok entered the still closed café was Heechul. It was the first time for Sungmin bringing such a cutie to his workplace. As usual Minseok was all shy when Sungmin introduced him to his boss, saying that if Minseok is naughty then this person would pinch Minseok’s cheeks really hard until it got red. Heechul said Minseok looked like Sungmin’s copy that he couldn’t differentiate them if Sungmin didn’t wear his uniform. Oh wow, Sungmin rolled his eyes at his lame joke.

 

Sungmin left for his shift when Heechul pulled Minseok to sit at one table in the corner with him. Minseok was still shy but he just did as Heechul told. They had a little talk and Heechul even asked chocolate milk Minseok liked and a slice cheese cake. Minseok liked it so much he even started talking before he even realized it. “Oh look, who’s this little angel?” without them knowing it, two of Heechul’s friends joined them. “Looks like Heechul gets someone for Sungmin’s substitute.” Kangin was just being himself as he acted that way. Luckily Minseok didn’t understand that.

 

“Watch out your words, raccoon.” Heechul had to hold himself back from hitting Kangin on his face for that. Well that man never really knew what or when to speak anyway. “This is Sungmin’s little brother.”

 

“M-my name is Kim M-minseok.” Minseok shyly introduced himself to the big brothers before him. He was actually a bit scared of them because one of them was looked like a bad boy and the other had a really big head.

 

“Aww, you’re cute~” Yesung the kid’s head as he squealed because Minseok was really cute. His own little brother didn’t this cute when he was kid. “So Minseok, why aren’t you scared of this hyung? Does he threaten you to behave like this in front of everyone?”

 

“Ya, you’re making him scared!” Heechul found his own way of punish them—he kicked Yesung’s shin under the table. “And he’s kindhearted, he accepts everyone. It’s not like I’m that bad…”

 

”Well, if he knows what you did to his hyung, he won’t say you’re a nice man, I think…” damn Kangin, he whispered that to Heechul’s ears that Heechul’s ears got red because of that. Of course this bastard would make fun of that—he was so serious that night Heechul thought he wouldn’t talk about it at all but he was wrong.

 

“Minseok-ah, what are you doing?” Yesung, ignoring the two bickering persons, asked Minseok who busied searching for something inside his bag. “Need hyung’s help?”

 

Minseok shook his head. “Minseok is searching for a puzzle Sungmin hyung bought yesterday…” Minseok pouted because the puzzle pieces were too deep for his hand to reach. He had to take out what he had inside—his drawing book, his pencil color, his bunny doll… which Yesung took a look at, because he had this familiar feeling when he saw it.

 

“Minseok, is this from Sungmin hyung?”

 

“Ung?” Minseok lifted his head to see what Yesung mean, and he shook his head again. “It’s from Kyuhyunnie hyung.” He smiled when he remembered the night Kyuhyun bought it for him. “Kyuhyunnie hyung said Minseok could talk to him if Minseok feeling lonely. Minseok always brings Mr. Bunny so that Minseok isn’t lonely anymore.” This kid seriously though, Yesung thought.

 

“Next time you’re feeling lonely, just come here so you can play with these hyungs here, okay?” Kangin, because of a sudden change of attitude, got another kick from Heechul although Heechul couldn’t be more agree.

 

“Then Minseok will come here with Kyuhyunnie hyung.” Minseok was so happy to know all the hyungs his hyung work at, and so he giggled so much because Yesung and Kangin were so funny and they couldn’t stop bickering. They acted like his friends in the day care. He suddenly missed his friends.

 

In the middle of their playing, someone had come into the café and walked towards their table. A beautiful lady it was, smiling so sweetly when he saw the group of immature boys in the corner. “Hello boys.” The lady greeted all of them, and everyone had to stand up and bowed their body to the lady. She smiled to see the boys his son had played with were this polite. It was the first time she met them without his boy. “Oh?” the lady sensed another boy between the immature boys, sat in the middle with a confused face because of the sudden moves of the hyungs. “Aren’t you Minseok?” She took a seat across Minseok who was still confused.

 

Oblivious to other boys who were tensed on their seat, the lady was talking with little Minseok. Heechul eyed Kangin and Yesung who gulped hard because Kyuhyun’s mother probably didn’t know who Minseok was. And how their meeting was still mystery and nobody would dare asking that. Minseok was so bubbly when he talked to Cho’s mistress and nobody dared to move at all. And it was then the thing the immature boys most afraid of.

 

“How did Minseok come here?” the lady asked, actually forgot to the reason why she came here in the first place. “You’re not coming here alone, right?” the lady was really concerned because the last time he saw Minseok, the kid was with his big brother. And she knew Yesung, Kangin, and Heechul weren’t the oldest brother the lady on kimbab place talked about.

 

“Minseok comes here with hyung, Ma’am.” Minseok replied back, really unaware of the hyungs’ pale faces. “Minseok’s hyung is working here. Today Minseok’s hyung says he will finish his work early to play with Minseok. Minseok is so happy~” the kid was actually ready to squeal but he saw his brother walking pass their table to deliver other table’s order, so he pointed his hyung instead. “There is my hyung, ma’am!”

 

“Er… Ahjumma, you have some business here, haven’t you?” Heechul interrupted before she could even see Sungmin because hell, maybe she knew Sungmin’s face already! Damn Cho Kyuhyun, he didn’t even show up today. “I mean, you don’t usually spend your lunch time here.”

 

“Oh, right.” Mrs. Cho suddenly became serious and that made Yesung and Kangin paler. “You know, Kyuhyun is gone.” Her face was so sad that everyone on the table was making the face also. “He can’t be reached, I can’t call him and he didn’t tell me where he is now. We were… having fight.” Everyone on the table went silent, and even Minseok didn’t try to ask about Kyuhyun. “I know I’m wrong to say bad things to Kyuhyun, but he has to know how cruel the world is.”

 

“Ahjumma, I think Kyuhyun needs time to reflect everything.” Heechul knew exactly how Kyuhyun felt. Kyuhyun had told him everything and he, as his friend, could only cheer him up and gave him place to stay for a while. When it comes the time Kyuhyun had to go home, then he would kick Kyuhyun out of his place, really. “He’s in my place, and I’ll let him know you’re searching for him.”

 

“He’s in your place? Now?” Mrs. Cho was so happy to know Kyuhyun was alright. She was so worried Kyuhyun would run away somewhere with his lover and never come back to their home again. “Can I visit him?”

 

Heechul scratched his neck. “I don’t think that’s a good idea, Ahjumma. Kyuhyun won’t like that, and if you come, maybe Kyuhyun will move to other place. That’s worse, isn’t that?” Heechul gave her a reassuring smile. “I promise I’ll look after him. I’ll talk to him so he won’t be mad anymore and agree to come back home, Ahjumma. Don’t think it too much or you’ll be sick.” Heechul took her hands to let her know that he could be trusted. Well, Kyuhyun was right to knock on his door that day. At least his mother wouldn’t be in too much trouble to search for Kyuhyun.

 

“Yeah… thank you, Heechul-ah.” She gave a small smile, telling herself to not worry too much for Kyuhyun. She knew Kyuhyun is not a kid anymore, but he was still her baby. And not worrying about him was hard as not going to saloon, even harder.

 

So she inhaled deeply, and decided to call a waiter to order something when she saw him. The one who took Kyuhyun away from her, the one who kissed Kyuhyun in the park that night, the night Kyuhyun with all his courage talked back to his parent. He was all smiling with the costumers, going back and forth in the café with his butler costume, not even a single regret of his face when he was called by anyone to help the costumers. He worked so hard without sighing, and the most annoying fact was his smile never faded.

 

Then it hit her. The face.

 

Mrs. Cho turned her head slowly, reminding herself to pin that face on her mind, and then she met the boy’s cute face which had similarity to the waiter she just saw. It was the gene, she knew, and how fool of her not knowing it sooner. She went blank. It was another hit for her—first, finding out that her only son was gay, and—how could it be?! Why did her life always have that waiter wherever she went?! Even the person she thought a great person from what she heard from Ahjumma in the kimbab house was him! Amazing.

 

----

 

“Are you happy today, Minseok?” Sungmin asked his little brother as they walked to their house hand in hand, which Minseok answered with a cute nod. Sungmin smiled to know that his brother didn’t feel bothered by his boss and his boss’ mates, because Minseok hadn’t met with adult by himself. And Jinki had called him through his teacher’s phone that he was okay and he would be home at eight tonight. Sungmin was happy everything went okay for his little family.

 

“You two look like lost kids if I don’t remember that you’re in my age.” Someone said behind the Lee brothers’ back, making two of them turning their head and smiling to the now waving Kyuhyun. “I know you two miss me so much.” He sneered as he walked in to Minseok’s embrace (well yeah, Minseok’s, not Sungmin’s) and picked Minseok up in his arms. “You look really exhausted yet happy, Minseok. Is there something interesting today?” Kyuhyun gave Minseok a peck on his chubby cheek for preventing him from sleeping though the child was sleeping eventually.

 

“Today Heechul hyung and his friends played with Minseok all day in the café. There was even a woman Heechul hyung knows played with Minseok, apparently they had met before. It’s actually touching to see Minseok with a woman—remind me of my mother when she held Jinki…” Kyuhyun smiled and ruffled Sungmin’s hair to let him know that he was here with him, and also gave a thought of this woman because Heechul had told him that his mother kept coming to the café to look for him. He never appeared in the café because he didn’t want to see his mother this soon. He still made his thought to talk to his parent after all.

 

“You must be missed your mother so much.” Well actually Kyuhyun also did miss his mother. “When you’re avail, you should visit your parent’s grave, Sungmin.” It would be better if Kyuhyun could go with them, but if Sungmin didn’t think he could come along, then he would just order Donghae around in Heechul’s place.

 

“Maybe when summer break. But I don’t remember where it is because I through so much that I tend to forget what makes me sad…” Sungmin smiled sadly as he forced himself to not remembering the bad things in the past. “I’ll make sure I teach Jinki and Minseok well to pray for our parent.”

 

Kyuhyun stunned to see Sungmin’s sad gaze. This boy actually never showed any hint about his sadness over family things while Kyuhyun always bullied other when he had something bad in his house. His father was the one who made him all brat and arrogant, but Sungmin, with all things happened in his life, always living his life all smiling and happy for his brothers. Kyuhyun knew Sungmin always had this sadness on his gaze whenever he was alone. Kyuhyun was happy when he saw Sungmin’s smile and laugh, but he didn’t think he was there when Sungmin was feeling lonely. So, without second thought, Kyuhyun leaned in and kissed Sungmin full on his lips, eyes showing concern although Sungmin wouldn’t like it, and he nipped Sungmin’s bottom lips before he let the shorter go.

 

“I don’t like seeing you this unhappy.” Sungmin was so shocked he couldn’t react to anything in front of him. But he could feel Kyuhyun’s breath on his still hot lips, inviting him to lean in and kiss that full lips once more, but he held his desire well. He still remembered that Minseok was with them. “You’re not alone anymore, you have me right now. Don’t bother if you want to tell everything to me because you know I won’t leave you no matter what.”

 

Sungmin smiled and it made Kyuhyun smiling also. “I don’t know you can be this cheesy, Mr. Cho.” Sungmin replied back by whispering, mind went unaware of the place they were now and his arms made its way to Kyuhyun’s neck as he kiss the lump lips of Kyuhyun’s passionately, didn’t care at all to sleeping Minseok. All of his life was too much for him to handle, but Kyuhyun come to his rescue. Kyuhyun was only an immature boy back there, but now he was as mature as he was now. At least Kyuhyun didn’t go mad of whatever reason he had for them not spending time together—he was understandable.

 

They separated only when their lungs screamed for air that made Kyuhyun groaned because hell, he hadn’t had his way with Sungmin lately. Sungmin was busy as hell, and there were always Jinki and Minseok. And he was desperate for Sungmin’s touch, but he didn’t let that out in Lee’s place because he thought of the kids. “You don’t know how much I love you, Lee Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said in husky tone that Sungmin had to gulp down his own saliva.

 

“I know.” Sungmin caressed Kyuhyun’s cheek and let out another smile in response. “And I can’t say I don’t love you too because I love you. So much.” Sungmin gave him a peck on his lips, “and I’m sorry because we haven’t had times for ourselves…”

 

They walked slowly to Sungmin’s place as Kyuhyun couldn’t keep his smile. “It’s okay. I think spending time with your family is more worth it than having both of us going on a date. I like dates, but it has no meaning if Jinki and Minseok aren’t there.” Sungmin was touched. Kyuhyun had grown up so much from the first time they met. He ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair to show him how much he appreciated his thought.

 

In the middle their fun yet cheesy conversation, Sungmin’s phone went off. Sungmin stopped to see what it was, and so did Kyuhyun. “Who is that?” Kyuhyun asked in curious tone—no, he did not think Sungmin would cheat on him. “Is it Heechul hyung?”

 

Sungmin frowned. He glared at his now funny boyfriend. “Are you suspecting me?” Sungmin rolled his eyes. “Please, if Heechul hyung texted me, then he’s asking about you.” Sungmin even gave a pinch on Kyuhyun’s waist to shut him up. “Lately I get email from people giving me jobs,” he replied while texting back, “and the salary is quite high that I can’t refuse the offer. But none of them are pranks. It’s a real job and mostly it comes from a company, asking me to deliver documents or just simply copying papers on their companies.”

 

Kyuhyun frowned. “Are you giving out your contact to everyone?”

 

“Of course not!” Sungmin pouted. “I don’t know either how they know my email address…”

 

This time Kyuhyun pouted although he wouldn’t say it was a pout. “Well, at least you’re well paid.”

 

----

 

To Be Continued