Chapter 6

Take My Hand

“Where were you?” a quite cold voice greeted Kyuhyun as he stepped inside his big house at eight pm. Kyuhyun was stunned for seconds before he took steps to the source of the voice, only to find the Master of this house was sitting on the sofa in the living room. “Your school didn’t end at this hour, no?”

 

Kyuhyun was thinking to himself. He had this bitter smile whenever he stepped inside this house. “Today’s an autumn festival, I’m helping out friends.” He knew it wasn’t a good reason to tell his father, but whatever he said he would be just shrugged away. He knew it very well. “I’m tired. I’m going to go to bed.”

 

“Go down after you have shower. We’ll have dinner.” Kyuhyun couldn’t say no to that. He didn’t know since when, but whenever his parents said something, he should say yes to that. Was it the impact of fights they had? Had they turned to be hardheaded people?

 

Kyuhyun defeated. He threw himself on his bed, hoping he could just close his eyes and tomorrow came so ing fast. He didn’t plan on having shower tonight because he was damn tired and his mind was full of Sungmin and his family, and just minutes ago his parents barged into his mind as well. When would he have his own time without thinking about his parents? When his life turned to be a better one without his parents? Why school was so damn long though he was a brilliant student? Why couldn’t they see he wanted to be free by himself?

 

A knock on his door waked him up from his thoughts. “Kyuhyun?” he could hear a woman’s voice behind the door, but he didn’t want to reply at all. He knew that was his maid’s voice, probably his father’s doing to make sure he was having dinner tonight. Must be having something to talk about. “Master Cho wants you to be downstairs.”

 

Kyuhyun groaned. He changed into his pajamas then went downstairs, not having intention to crack up a smile at all. He could see the flat faced Mr. Cho and a bored but still stunning Mrs. Cho on the dinner table. They seemed like just had a fight before settled on something, did they have Kyuhyun on their minds so they postponed their fight? Kyuhyun didn’t like how it sounds.

 

No words exchanged among them. Kyuhyun even had to force foods from his plate down his throat, without having time to savor the taste at all. He didn’t like how cold the dining table are. It was exactly opposite of how Sungmin’s door was. He was in the luxury dining table which costs millions Won, but why it didn’t feel as nice as it costs? It was no fair. The only sound he could hear was the clashing of the utensils and his own breathing. His breathing got heavier since he followed Sungmin. He couldn’t understand why.

 

Suddenly, Mrs. Cho pulled out something from his expensive bag. It looked like an important document because she sealed it in the map, not a single crease could be seen on the map. Mrs. Cho gave the map to the head family without looking at the latter, and so Kyuhyun saw the scene. “I’ve signed it.” Kyuhyun could hear clearly his mother’s voice—it was so casual he didn’t think it was something he was most afraid of. “You just need to sign it too, so we’re officially divorced.”

 

Clank.

 

“What are you doing?” Mr. Cho was surely holding his anger. His voice was so deep, the grip he had was so hard making his fingers went white from too much pressure. His eyes couldn’t be sharper than that. “We’re eating here.” That was a warning tone he had, but his wife was not affected by that. “Put that away.”

 

“Why? Afraid that Kyuhyun knows? He’s big already, he’s probably seen us fighting so why?” Mrs. Cho’s voice went higher. “Do you think talking this behind him will be any different?”

 

“Watch your table manner!”

 

“Tch.” Mrs. Cho laughed darkly. “You should take care of your own manner, Mr. Cho.” The couple was so immersed in glaring at each other because they didn’t sense their love child was trembling in fear. Their boy, although he was seventeen, was very much like a kid. He wanted his dinner time was peaceful and full of happiness, not like this. It was like dreaming for him because just a year ago he still had his family all lovable. All smiling and laughing. Why his family had turned into cursed like family? His mother had no more love for him, and so had his father. What was him to them?

 

“I’m full.” Kyuhyun tried so hard not to let any tear roll down his cheek. He had his head down so his parents wouldn’t see the tears waiting to be freed by the eye lashes. But then again, was his parent care about it?

 

----

 

“I’m home.”

 

“Welcome back~” Minseok ran to see his second brother stepped in to their little rented house, intended to give the latter a kiss or even a hug to cheer him up. Jinki smiled though he withstood Minseok’s little figure, and gave the youngest a kiss instead.

 

“Sorry for not picking you up today, hm?” Jinki ruffled the boy’s hair before they took their lead to the kitchen corner where their oldest brother was busy preparing their dinner. “When I pick you up next time, I promise bringing a lollipop with me.” Minseok squalled in happiness second later. “Why’re you so cute?” Jinki put down all his belongings on the floor before he hugged the little boy so tightly and attacking the round cheeks nonstop until Minseok squirming and had to tickle Jinki’s waist to stop him.

 

“You guys leave me behind to play?” Sungmin suddenly popped out behind them to wrap them in to his hug. “How’s the group project going? Do you need some help?”

 

“It’s okay because we finished it already. This time we make a doll house because Taemin said he wanted to and Jonghyun said girls would love to see one.” Jinki told his older brother how Jonghyun was so happy they build the doll house because girls would probably asked him how to build one and he would be surrounded by girls and how Taemin diligently made the doll house because actually he loved dolls. “Oh hyung, I forget something.” The image of a boy outside their house minutes ago was popping out inside his mind. “Someone from your school left it for us.”

 

“What is that?” Sungmin looked through the black plastic bag Jinki gave him, frown could be seen on his forehead. “It’s pork…”

 

“Oh, really really really?!” Minseok went excited as he heard the pork word. “We will have pork tonight?!”

 

“Who gave you this?” Sungmin asked Jinki, but Jinki only shook his head. “How you know he’s one of my schoolmate then?”

 

“He wears the same uniform.” Jinki recalled how the hyung who gave this to him looks. “He’s way taller than you, has curly but not so curly brownie hair, and his skin’s so pale I think he’s going to faint.” Sungmin thought he knew this guy. “You know him hyung?”

 

“Yes, I think.” Sungmin chuckled. “He has this feeling of a bad boy, no? Did he say something?”

 

“He said nothing. He just gave it to me, and left even though I asked who he was. I think he’s in a hurry.”

 

Sungmin should thank him for sure. “Okay, let’s have bulgogi tonight. You like it, Minseok?”

 

“Of course!”

 

----

 

“Why are we here again?” Kangin lazily asked as he took out the groceries he just had with Yesung, most of it was beers and snacks, but they wouldn’t let student boy drink beer so they had sodas for them. “Where the hell is Kyuhyun?” Kangin muttered as he gulped down his can of beer to relieve feeling he had. “Damn that girl.”

 

“Come on, don’t be too obvious when Kyuhyun arrives. He should’ve seen his parents fight again.” Yesung, being a nice dongsaeng he was, arranging the groceries to Heechul’s mini icebox and opened some of the snacks. “Your problem can’t be compared to what Kyuhyun has faced.”

 

“As if you know how to be a broken heart man.” Kangin threw an empty can to innocent Yesung before he opened another one. “Don’t act like a smartass.”

 

Fifteen minutes later Donghae and Kyuhyun arrived at Heechul’s place. Kyuhyun had this dark aura as he entered the living room on Heechul’s place. Usually when his parents had fight Kyuhyun was using his mask as a bad boy, acting all fine and calm or just cursing at his parents, but this time he didn’t even try to hide it. His face told the rest of guys that he was in such a bad mood and he couldn’t be touched or he would bite your arm until it got off from your torso. His face was the worst.

 

Heechul, being the most understanding person here, pulled Kyuhyun to sit beside him and opened a can of soda for him. Kyuhyun gulped half of it in one shot, feeling a little relieve. “Don’t even try to get yourself drunk here or I’ll call cops here.” Donghae warned Kyuhyun because he knew Kyuhyun had his eyes fixed on the beer cans. “I swear I’ll call cops!”

 

“Silly, I won’t let that happen!” Yesung smacked Donghae square on his head. “Anyway, do you guys want to eat something?”

 

“Excuse me, isn’t it my house? I should’ve been the one asking that!” Heechul glared at a big head man across him.

 

“I just ask, you’re the one who’ll make it hyung.” Yesung shrugged. “Or should we order chicken or jajangmyun or jjampong? You know, late dinner’s the best!”

 

“Sometimes I wonder if you’re really 22 or not.” Kangin muttered, managing to dodge Yesung’s big head or he’ll surely throw up before he wasted himself on beers. “Damn big head of yours.”

 

“My head’s beautiful you jerk!” Yesung kick Kangin’s legs instead. “Erm… you won’t tell something on your head, Kyu?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed at this. Heechul, knowing that Kyuhyun skipped his dinner rather often these days, ordering pizzas to pleasure his stomach and of course, the rest of the silly brothers too. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was gulping down his remains soda down his throat, then threw out the empty can quite harsh. “They’ll divorce for sure.”

 

Everyone stopped on their track. Even Donghae who was playing game in his phone was losing because of this. “W-what?”

 

“They’ll divorce. I see the document.” Kyuhyun opened another can of soda to prevent his tears to come out. “Dad asked me to have dinner together. I thought everything would be okay because I saw mom there too. But then mom threw out a map that she had signed. What else the paper would be other than divorce papers?” he gulped down the imaginary lump on his throat hardly before he continued, “although dad didn’t want to discuss it right there, mom insisted they’d just let me know because they knew it already that I knew they were going to break up.”

 

“Kyu…”

 

“I couldn’t do anything because what am I to them? They didn’t even think about me when they talked it out.” Everyone remained on silent. It was such a harsh reality for a kid like Kyuhyun. He was supposed to be enjoying his teenage life, not frustrating out of thing like this. His parents should’ve been more be careful of whatever their do—Kyuhyun didn’t have to be dragged into this at all. Sure he was their love child, but what kind of parents letting their child stressed out like this?

 

“My guest room’s free for you whenever you need it.” Heechul didn’t want everyone to feel sorry for Kyuhyun because it wasn’t Kyuhyun’s doing. He knew how bad Kyuhyun wanted to cry, so he just let the boy have his guest room tonight. “Just make sure you got them cleaned tomorrow. I have no maid to clean my place up, you know. Moreover if you jerked yourself out.”

 

Everyone cracked up into laugh for this. “You’re such a mood killer, Heenim.”

 

“Thanks, hyung.” Heechul didn’t know if he did the right thing. Things were really complicated right now.

 

----

 

To be Continued

 

HELLOOOOOOO~ I'm back because I said I had to go for 9 days, so I'm updateing it naaw~ I hope you guys still like it tho haha ^^

And thank you so much for DiJsohappy for upvoting this story, I'm so touched right now :")

Anyway, happy reading~