Chapter 1

Take My Hand

Kyuhyun was alone, again. It was like the five times already this week he found his home empty—like nobody was here and nobody left food on the table or something instant for him to eat without turning on the stove. Another day had passed but the same boy was lonely again. The said boy sighed heavily while walking towards the fridge, hoping last night leftover was put there so his stomach wouldn’t be noisy again because he wanted to visit his friend’s place after this. He felt the fridge was laughing at him because he couldn’t find anything. He sighed again. Without second thought he slammed the door fridge and left the house, texting his friend to serve something for him to eat.

 

“Damn old, fussy woman.” He breathed out, “she said she left my lunch there but nothing. I won’t trust her anymore. Tch.”

 

He kept walking to the bus stop and stood there with flat face while munching on bubble gum, hands on his pockets. His usual day was really boring, unlike the films he had watched together with his friends. He didn’t think his life would be this flat because his parents were only yesterday yelling at each other’s faces, unaware of his presence (like usual) and ended up on door slamming or something broken. It was usual, almost like the usual him playing the Starcraft at night.

 

The bus had stopped so he got on and took a place on the very back, so far from the crowd up front. He knew some of the girls were giggling at him, looking at him like he was a rare white fur lion or something weird and sometimes they gave him presents. The presents usually were chocolates and cookies, the sweets he didn’t really like, so he gave them all to his friend Kangin or Yesung. Sounded bad, of course, but they were only strangers for Kyuhyun.

 

Three stops later Kyuhyun got off of the bus. He stopped at a grocery to buy sodas and then left for his friend’s place. He wanted to let out his stress but he couldn’t drink alcohol because he was only seventeen, and he wouldn’t want to be taken to the police office for underage drinking. Hell no, he still had brains to do that.

 

Minutes later he was ringing his friend’s place bell. He was sure his friend was home because his friend texted him back about it, but he didn’t know why he have to wait at least five minutes for his friend opening the door for him. “What’s taking you so long?” Kyuhyun glared at the fishy face before him, smiling innocently like he hadn’t done anything wrong.

 

“You know, Eunhyuk was calling and I can’t ignore it, can I?” the friend of Kyuhyun followed Kyuhyun’s step to his little living room to take a seat on his white couch. “You know Eunhyuk, can’t really stop calling me though he knows I’m home all day and nothing wrong with my microwave.”

 

“He even worries about you and your microwave, hyung?” Kyuhyun raised his left eyebrow for this. “He’s not the one bought the microwave, is he?”

 

“Actually, he is.” The fishy boy grinned. “He knows I can’t cook so he dragged me to buy microwave instead. He’s so nice, you know.”

 

“Yeah, whatever.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes on that. He knew the boyfriend his friend was talking about, and hearing it times already making him bored as hell. His friend never realized he talked too much about his boyfriend, duh. “So you use the microwave to make something? I’m hungry, really. I can’t cook too, but my mother didn’t cook anything today.”

 

“Well… we can cook instant ramyun.”

 

It was a though day for Kyuhyun.

 

----

 

“Can I sleep here tonight, Donghae hyung?” Kyuhyun asked absentmindedly when his friend and he finished their ramyun in only two minutes, too hungry to say anything while the soda cans were too much to be vanished in an hour. “I don’t want to go home today…”

 

“Because of your parents?” the friend was known as Donghae asked back, knowing his friend’s problem. “Did your mother forget your meals because they were fighting again this morning?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded. It was normal for him to ask Donghae for staying for the night—he done it for three months already. “It wasn’t only in the morning—last night I could hear their yells and something broken though I played with sound on.” Kyuhyun change the channel randomly as for avoiding Donghae’s worried gaze he always hated to see. He didn’t want to be seen as a broken home kid although he was, but the gazes Donghae, Yesung, Heechul, and Kangin gave were sometimes bothering him. He wasn’t that pathetic, really.

 

“Can’t you talk to them?”

 

“As if I can see them in home.” Kyuhyun snorted. It was rare for his father to be home, and he didn’t know what his father did in his office because he wouldn’t like to know either. And his mother was a business woman who wouldn’t be home at noon. She would be home at eight or even ten, and that was the time Kyuhyun was playing his game. He didn’t know if his mother checked on him or not. “You know so well I don’t need their permission to stay at your place for the night, right?”

 

“Yeah, right…” Donghae gulped down his saliva, too afraid to talk about Kyuhyun’s parents because the latter was always avoiding this kind of topic. “I told Yesung hyung, Heechul hyung and Kangin hyung to come here. I told them to bring something for the night haha.”

 

But it wasn’t the right thing to ask about Kyuhyun’s parents because the taller boy wasn’t smiling anymore for the rest of night.

 

----

 

“Hyuuuuuung~” a little boy in six ran happily as soon as he saw an older boy on the entrance door, not letting the now giggling teenager walk even a step because the little boy hugged his foot tightly. “I miss you sooooo much.”

 

The older boy, named Lee Sungmin, was giggling at it. His little brother was so cute he couldn’t help himself but laughing at his antique. “I miss you too, Minseok.” Sungmin put arms under Minseok’s armpits to lift him up and gave his squishy cheeks kisses. “Are you ready to go home?”

 

“Of course, hyuuung~” Minseok answered happily. Little Minseok even nodded his head cutely. “Let me say goodbye first to Luhan, hyung.” The little boy wriggled his short foots to be free and ran back to where he was out from. Minutes later the latter boy was out from the room he was just entering, and happily took Sungmin’s hand to leave the place. “Hyung, I want to eat ramyun today.” The rounded cheeks of Minseok were rounded more because of his smile, making him cuter than he ever been.

 

“We can’t, Minseok, because ramyun is not healthy.” Sungmin, as the older boy, taught the little kid and even patted his head. “We can have kimchi soup tonight, and I brought watermelon for you.” A smile he gave to the pouting kid before him, but hearing watermelon made him smiling again. “You can have three slices watermelon.”

 

“Really?” Minseok’s eyes widened literally—oh how Sungmin wanted to squish those lovely cheeks. Sungmin nodded at the puppy eyes Minseok showed him. “I will give Jinki hyung one, then. He helped me coloring my drawing yesterday.” Sungmin could only smile at this.

 

Lee Sungmin, though he lived without his parents from when he was ten, he was a tough boy. His brothers and he were taken care by their lonely aunt in Ilsan. Their mother was dead for giving birth to Minseok and their father was dead by accident, just when Minseok was in their mother’s womb. It was really heartbreaker for them because Mr. Lee said he wanted to see their third child before he saw the God. But fate said the opposite.

 

When Sungmin was fifteen his aunt was taken to the heaven because of the sickness she had suffered for four years. Sungmin didn’t know what happen that time, but he was sure he would take his brothers to new place because their cousin taken all their aunt’s belongings, and so the little family were kicked to the road. Sungmin thanked his parents for leaving funds for them to rent a little but comfortable flat and some food so little Minseok didn’t have to suffer because baby milk, of course, was not as cheap as Sungmin’s little plushie. Fortunately, Sungmin got jobs for them though he still had to go to school. It was nice for him to work for his little angels though his body was screaming for bed whenever he had to work at night. He missed his bed so much, but he missed his brothers more.

 

Sungmin was suffering in his past life, but his brothers were the source of his life now. Jinki, though he was only twelve, was really reliable. Jinki was a neat person; he took care of the flat when Sungmin was gone to work. He was a good big brother for Minseok too. He usually took Minseok in kindergarten in his way heading to their flat. He knew so well how bad Sungmin was tired from his jobs, so he, in his intuition, got bathtub and food ready for the eldest hyung. He loved his hyung so much because he only had his hyung for him to lean on.

 

Other than Jinki, Sungmin loved the youngest a lot. He knew his mother had sacrificed herself to born the youngest of the Lee, though Sungmin and Jinki lost their beloved, only parent. Jinki cried all night that day, locking himself without caring at Sungmin’s yell out on his door. While Sungmin was confused of Minseok’s endless crying, the heroes of the siblings were coming with bright smile and accompany them through the night. It was hell for him to lose his mother, but Minseok was a miracle. Jinki, though he still felt sad about his mother’s lost, gratefully accepting Minseok like he was a little puppy he always dreamt of. It was beautiful but yet saddening. Beautiful because they had each other to live for, saddening because Minseok had to born without a father and a mother by his side. But Minseok had grown to a cheerful, cute kid. He was innocent and unaware of his parents’ whereabouts, but Sungmin knew very well how Minseok’s friends kept asking about their parents. Minseok answered with only a smile and a shake of his head, almost bringing Sungmin to a cry whenever that happened.

 

Thoroughly, Lee family was awesome.

 

----

 

HELLOOOO~ I'm sorry if the story is boring, it's been a while for me to write again... hope you guys get the feeling ^^ hope you guys like the story ^^