Chapter 26

Fly With My Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, here's your dinner." Jessica looks at the reflection of her vanity mirror, seeing her sister enter her room with a tray.

Quietly she eyes Krystal as she makes her way towards the white vanity table, and place her dinner on the marble top. Sighing at the plate of cut apples and glass of warm milk, Jessica can feel her stomach close up in protest. She was not in the mood for eating anything currently. She just wants to finish her night skincare routine and bury herself in her blanket. was still sore from all the screaming, her body was sore from the shaking and her fingers still cramps from clutching the pillows. Not only that, but she was also mentally, physically and emotionally tired. A panic attack does that to a person.

Turning back to her reflection, Jessica does the last step of her skincare routine, which was her moisturizer. "I don't really feel like eating, Soojung-ah."

Jessica sees Krystal take a sit on the bed through the mirror of her vanity. "Unnie, you cant's sleep on an empty stomach. They're just apples, I'm sure you can stomach a few slices of apples right?" Her sister gave her a smug smile before continuing on. "And also, you promised Jiyong oppa that you'll eat dinner."

Sighing, Jessica's mind flashes back to the moment she promised to eat. Why oh why did she say that? Why does Jiyong have such a huge effect on her? The woman pouts as she feels like her boyfriend was having too much power over her decision-making skills. She just can't help but agree with everything her boyfriend says, especially when he starts asking it in such a sweet way, and calling her sweetheart, baby, love, darling... Aghh! Jessica's basically weak when it comes to nicknames. 

Feeling tired and sleepy, Jessica let out another sigh, glancing between her dinner and her sister. "Fine." Begrudgingly, Jessica picks a slice of apple and fed herself as her sister keeps on the smug face.  

Drinking the last drop of warm milk, Jessica glance at Krystal, who was busy playing with her phone, before entering the bathroom to brush her teeth. Looking at the reflection of herself on the mirror, the corner of her lips turns down as she looks at her red eyes from crying. Blinking a few times to get rid of the sight in front of her, Jessica starts brushing her teeth and get ready for bed. Rinsing out , Jessica proceeds the wipe and hands with the little towel that was hanged beside the bathroom mirror and made her way back out to the bedroom.

"Alright, I'm done with dinner. Now I want to sleep, so go turn-off the lights." Jessica told her sister as she lays under the thick duvet. Taking a few deep breaths to help relax, she then starts counting random numbers in her head. C'est La Vie, that's life, it was a sentence that she finds comfort in these last few days. Such simple words that carry tons of meaning to her. She felt that all this helps her fall asleep faster, and sometimes also helps prevent the nightmares from coming.

It didn't take long for Jessica to be swept away in a deep sleep.

 

 

Double tap on the Instagram picture of her leader Victoria, Krystal lays around on the bed as her sister spends time in the bathroom. It's been a while since she had the time to go through her Instagram timeline, she has been busy with drama shooting and also recording for f(x)'s new album. It was refreshing to be able to just lay down after weeks of busy schedules. 

Krystal heard the sound of the bathroom door open and closes, and not long after, she feels the bed dips on her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter