Chapter 19

Fly With My Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“It’s too bad that you don’t feel good enough to go to the museum, Sica. It’s a really beautiful and romantic place to go to. Jiyong used to love going there, he would bring me there almost every time the both of us are in Paris.”

Jessica sigh and quietly groan at the girl’s words as she walked towards the black Porsche. She swear she would combust if she had to spend another 5 minutes listening to the younger girl going on and on about how Jiyong, her EX and Jessica’s CURRENT BOYFRIEND, had taken her out on dates and shopping and strolls and so on.

 

Nearly every store they went into, Kiko would make it her mission to comment about the time when Jiyong had brought her there back when they were still ‘dating’. Jessica wasn’t one to be jealous for small reasons nor annoyed for that matter, but right now she was anything but annoyed.

The first few times it happened, she let it slide as her reminiscing about the old times, but when it kept on going at every single store, she got the hint loud and clear. Kiko was purposely trying to make her jealous, which is very childish in her opinion, and that was when she decided to excuse herself before she strangle the younger girl.

 

“Well say hi to Jiyong oppa for me. And make sure to tell him that I miss him.” Kiko flashed her a smug grin. “Oh and, tell him that there’s an event going on at that museum tomorrow night, and coincidentally, I’m free and I got two tickets. Since you’re not feeling well, I’m sure you wouldn’t be able to go tomorrow, so I can be his plus one if he really needs me to.”

Breath. Breathe… in and out. Happy thoughts. Bunnies in a glass bowl, cats in a fishbowl, Jiyong meeting her dad for the first time, cuddling with Jiyong on bed, y Jiyong on bed… Jessica shook her thoughts away and closes her eyes as she keeps repeating random things in her mind, trying to keep herself from really choking the girl and pulling her hair till she goes bald right there at the streets of Paris. She could already see it on the papers, ‘Jessica Jung caught in catfight with Kwon Jiyong’s ex in the middle of Paris.’ That does sound tempting, but no, she has a reputation to upheld.

 

“I’ll be sure to tell him.” She gave a forced smile as she enters the car, keeping her door open to say her final goodbye to the girl. “Well, I’ll be going now. Have fun.” Close door. Start engine. Home. Jiyong.

Yup, home to Jiyong sounds really nice right about now. Glancing beside her at the passenger seat, she could feel the corner of her lips tug down in a small frown. With all of Kiko’s unnecessary comments, she didn’t really got to shop much at all. All she managed to buy was a grey, black and red modern checkered slim long blazer that caught her eyes in the second store that she entered with Kiko.

“Ugh… so much for shopping.”

 

As she drove back to the hotel, her mind couldn’t help but to drift back to Kiko, causing her to shook her head in disbelief. How childish could the girl be? She was almost in her thirties yet she was acting as though she was thirteen. The fact that she was talking about her boyfriend as though she wasn’t there, and was openly third party flirting with Jiyong in her mind and talking about him as though his current girlfriend isn’t standing right beside her, astounded her in more ways than one.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out that she still liked him, or his fame, whichever way it is. Jessica wasn’t exactly worried about Jiyong getting back together with Kiko because she knows how much he really loves her. But she wouldn’t put it past Kiko to try some underhanded means to get to Jiyong or just make her jealous.

 

Once Jessica reached the hotel, she handed her keys to the boy that had helped open the door for her and took her bags before making her way up to her room. Glancing down at her watch, 9:15 a.m.  It was still quite early, for lunch, so she was probably going to take a little power nap with Jiyong before anything else.

Exiting the elevator, Jessica walked down the hallway to her room and entered using her key card. Once inside, she took off her shoes, dropped her shopping bag on the sofa while taking off her clothes and making her way to their bedroom. Grabbing Jiyong’s signature white shirt  that was laying on the single chair near the coffee table, she wore it as she walk off to the bathroom to take off her makeup.

Face clean and free from any traces of makeup, Jessica tiredly made her way to the bed that was occupied by Jiyong that was lying on his stomach with an arm out hugging the pillow that was on her side of the bed. She slowly crawled up the bed, and wiggle herself under his arm.

 

~~~~~~

 

Jiyong wasn’t exactly the lightest sleeper in the world. In fact he’s quite the heavy sleeper. But ever since he was with Jessica, he had developed this inner mechanism where every move she made would alert him and makes him aware of her sleeping state. Many times before, Jiyong was awake by her restless sleep and managed to calm her down before she went on a full on nightmare and start screaming her head off. Other times he was awaken when she was shivering from the cold or just woke up in the middle of the night crying or because she couldn’t sleep.

Right now, his mind was registering movement on Jessica’s side of the bed. Next thing he knew, his girlfriend is crawling under his arm like a little bunny crawling into its hole.

“You’re back early…” Jiyong open his eyes and was thankful that the curtain was still drawn, making the whole room dark enough for his eyes to not be burn by the sudden brightness. He looked down and eyes his little kitten that was snuggling up against his neck, trying to manoeuvre herself towards his chest that was flat against the bed.

“I missed you I guess.” His girlfriend shrugged with eyes closed and he could tell she was drifting off to sleep.

Letting out a small content sigh, he adjusted his hold on her waist, turning to her side and pull her closer to him before showering her with kisses on her cheek and neck. “I missed you too, love.” He gave long lingering kiss on her temple before tucking her under his chin and following her off to dreamland.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter