Chapter 12

Fly With My Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Best friends…” Jiyong said as he took off his coat.

That was the first word that Jiyong has said when they came in the house. Jessica was standing at the entrance door and Jiyong was in front of the closet. The tension in the room was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

Both Jiyong and Jessica have yet to speak a word to each other since the show was over. Jiyong did not even glance at the girl and kept giving her the cold shoulder throughout their ride back to his apartment. Jessica knew did he was mad at her and truthfully, she didn’t blame him. She did something that had hurt him terribly, and now she has to face the consequences of her action.

 

 

“I was just…” Jessica started, only to be cut off by Jiyong.

“Best friends.” He stated again, still back facing her. “Do you know… how much that word hurts me? Because I don’t think you do.”

“Of course I..” Jessica look up at him from her place at the foot of his bed.

“If you did! If you did, you wouldn’t have said that… I love you,” he turns to look at her, his face blank of emotions. “I did all I can to get my fans to stop hurting you and to start supporting our relationship, and this is what you do to me? You betrayed me.”

“Ji, I didn’t betray you, I…” Jessica could feel tears starting to fill her eyes as she stares at Jiyong’s face.

“You didn’t follow the plan! You didn’t think about what your actions would’ve cause us! Do you not want to be with me anymore? Is that it? Is that why you didn’t want to make it public?”

“That’s not it...”

“Then what is it?! What made you deny our relationship on broadcast?” Jiyong raised his voice at her.

 

“I WANTED YOU TO BE HAPPY!” Jessica yells back as she stood with tears falling from her eyes. “I just wanted to make you happy… I know how hard you’ve worked on the album, and if it didn’t do well, you would blame yourself. You would say that you weren’t good enough, that you didn’t do your best. You would be sad! No matter what you say, I know how sad you will be if the album didn’t do well. And it will all be because of me! Because of my relationship with you… I just wanted you to be happy… I didn’t mean to hurt you and I do love you, I always love you. I’m sorry… please forgive me…”

Jiyong stares at Jessica for a moment, both of them not saying a word but just keep staring at each other. Jessica was breathing deeply to get oxygen in her lungs as her crying was making her a bit breathless. She was feeling all kinds of emotion jumbled up inside of her mind. She was mad at her own action and mad that Jiyong didn’t understand her. She was disappointed in herself for making Jiyong sad and she was sad that she had hurt him.

 

 

Jiyong still stood rooted at his place, his eyes staring at Jessica’s face before he shook his head and left the room. He grabbed his keys on the way out and shut the front door, making sure to lock it before heading to the elevator and towards his car.

Jessica heard the door slammed shut and flinch at the loud bang. She did it. She made him mad. In their almost two years of relationship, Jiyong has never really lost his temper at her except once, when her scandal with Tyler got out of hand. The fact that he had just raised his voice at her and slam the door proves that she had pushed his button beyond his limit. But of course Jessica expected it. She knew the damage she had done to him.

Tears continue to roll down her cheek as she took a sit on the bed. She wasn’t really sad that Jiyong was mad at her, she was actually mad at herself, at her overthinking things. If she had just went along with the plan than none of this would’ve happen. If she had follow the original plan, she and Jiyong would probably have a nice dinner at her favorite hotel like he promised that morning.

Jessica wiped her tears and decided that crying wouldn’t really do anything other than wasting her energy. She got up and headed to the shower to clean herself. It was still too early to have dinner, so she thought that she might take a nap first. It’s not like Jiyong would be returning any time soon.

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

Driving his black Lamborghini, Jiyong didn’t really have a specific place that he was heading. He just wanted some alone time so that he could clear his head and think clearly. And being around Jessica would not help him think rationally as he was still very mad at her for her actions at Healing Camp that morning.

He was beyond furious at what his girlfriend did. Not only did she friend zoned him, but she also denied their relationship in public. Did she not think what her action would cause? If she denied their relationship then they would not be able to see each other for a few months because the fans would be keeping their eyes out for their interactions with each other. And another scandal would not do well, even if they public announce it. Fans and netizens would say that they lied to the public the first time and more hate would arise.

But somewhere deep in his heart, he also understands that Jessica was just looking out for him. He understand that she just wanted him to be happy. But Jessica doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter