Chapter 11

Fly With My Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So now… the real question is… is your dating rumor with each other true or are you just friends?” Jaedong pushed up his glasses and stares at the two idol’s faces.

This is it… she will keep Jiyong happy no matter what. Everything is for Jiyong.

“It’s…” Jiyong’s words were cut short by another voice that had caught everyone’s attention.

“We’re best friends.” 

 

Best friends? Jiyong was taken aback and was speechless as he stares at Jessica in disbelief. Best friends? What is she talking about? Why is she saying this? What is going on? So many things were running around in Jiyong’s mind as he tries to process her words in his mind. He couldn’t believe that she just denied they’re relationship. To say that he wasn’t disappointed in her would be an understatement, but right now it wasn’t about what he’s thinking, it was about what she was thinking. Why didn’t she follow the original plan? What should he do now? Should he follow Jessica’s step and deny their relationship? Or should he continue on with the original plan? There was so many questions running through his mind right now.

 

 

“So you’re best friends? And how did that happen?” Janghoon asked, looking at Jessica intently.

“Well we first met each other when we first debuted, we both got involve in a show project where my former member and Seungri was the main cast. But of course our friendship didn’t start there. We exchange greeting from time to time and chat a bit when we met. At that time you can’t really say that we were friends, he was more like a familiar stranger to me. And of course being a rookie group at that time, we weren’t really allowed to talk to male idols because we were scared that a scandal would occur.” Jessica replied calmly. Her face revealed nothing to anyone, not even Jiyong.

“When did your friendship really started then?” Kwanghee asked in curiosity.

“I think it was in 2010. At that time our promotion season crossed with each other so we meet each other a lot at music shows and all. Of course when we meet each other almost every day and talked a lot with each other, we exchange phone numbers and contacted each other from time to time. Sometimes we go out for coffee or just hang out at music shows while waiting for our turn. We were like any typical friends.”

Jiyong stares at Jessica, willing her to turn to look at him so that he could read her eyes and see exactly what the girl was thinking by saying all this and denying their relationship. Jiyong decided that he couldn’t keep quiet or it would appear weird to the viewers and decides to put his feelings away for now.

 

 

“And you two became best friends when exactly?” Janghoon question as he sips his tea.

“It was…”

“It was on 2012.” Jiyong answered while pulling his hand away from Jessica. “At that time I was involve in the drug scandal. Truthfully saying, I was a mess at that time. No one could talk to me without being yelled at. I was stress and depressed especially with the hate comments that was left by antis. I couldn’t talked to anyone at that time and just stayed locked in my room for days. The only time I ever came out was when all my members was asleep. At that time I had no one that I could talk about my problem to. I couldn’t even face my parents because I was so ashamed of myself. Talking with my members also weren’t something that I could do because I can’t even look at them in the eyes without feeling ashamed. I was their leader but yet I brought so much shame to the group and let them down.” Jiyong glance at Jessica for a moment before continuing on.  “And then Jessica came. She was the stubborn type of person. No matter how much I tell her that I don’t want to talk or don’t want to see her, she wouldn’t give up. She kept annoying me and pushing my buttons and just did everything that made me mad at her.

Then one day, I got really mad and yelled at her. That was the first time ever that I had yelled to a girl. I yelled all my frustration and my problems at her. And she just stood there. She took all of my yelling and screaming without saying anything. And once I was finish yelling at her, she would look at me and just said one thing; “are you done? Now let’s go eat.”. I was taken aback by her reaction. I thought that she was just annoying and couldn’t read the situation well. But then I found out that she wanted me to get mad at her. She was purposely making me mad because she wanted me to yell out all of my problems and frustration towards her so that I could feel better. That was when I thought that she was amazing. From then on she would occasionally call me and text me to check how I was doing. She was someone that I look for when I was stress or feeling down. She would give me advices and lend me her ear when I need them. She would always remind me about my fans that loves me and supported me. She was truthfully my strength at that time.” Jiyong finished while looking at Jessica’s face. He wanted her to know about his true feeling towards her.

“I remember the scandal, which was what brought you to Healing Camp the first time.” Jaedong nodded his head as he was reminded of the first time Jiyong appeared in Healing Camp.

 

 

“What about you Jessica-ssi? Do you agree with GD-ssi? Was that the moment where your friendship bloomed?” Kwanghee asked the quiet Jessica.

Jessica was brought out of her daze and stared at Kwanghee before mentally shaking her head and smiling shyly. “I… do. I do think that was the moment where we both got to know each other more and appreciate each other. Jiyong oppa was the secretive type of person that always shows off a strong image to others. But he also has a hard time telling others his problems because he doesn’t want to appear weak in front of them. And I guess it’s because I have the same personality as him, I understand him better than others do. The both of us are really alike but at the same time we’re very far apart. And I think that is what makes us so compatible each other and helps in building up our friendship.

“After that incident we both talked a lot more in the phone and text with each other more often. Wea also meet up and hang out when we have the time, so I guess that makes us grow closer to each other. Jiyong oppa too, always gives me support when I needed them. And always comforts me when I’m down and always encourage me to do things that I’m afraid to do. He’s a great friend.” Jessica nodded as she glance at Jiyong.

 

“Alright, so listening to both of your story, we can say that you both spend a lot of time around each other. And being at the age you two are, we can safely say that you’re at the age where you should start dating, right?” Janghoon asked and receive nods from everyone. “So wasn’t there any romantic feelings that is involve in your friendship? I mean Jessica-ssi is very beautiful girl and Jiyong-ssi is also a very handsome young man, so I’m pretty sure that you would develop some type of feelings for each other, right?”

“Yes, I’m very curious about that. Especially when we live as an idol, where we don’t really meet anyone of the opposite that we can comfortably be friends with without being caught in a scandal. And normally idols would date other idols because it is easier for them to meet when they have music shows and all. So for you two that often hang out with each other at places other than music shows and often see each other and call one another, some feelings must have developed.” Kwanghee stated as he glance between the two guests.

“We’re just…”

“Of course.” Jiyong cut out Jessica’s responds. He had already decided. He was going through with the plan and he will announce their relationship. He had endure a week and a half of torture from the antis and now that they have made it all the way here, there was no way he was going to let them win. Jiyong decides that he will fight for their relationship. And if Jessica was not willing to fight alongside him, then fine, he will fight for it alone. He will not bow down to what the society wants because this is his life and they have no say in it. He will do whatever he wants and he won’t give a damn about what others would say.

“Of course. Like you said, we’re both a healthy man and woman at the age where we should started dating and when we spend as much time as me and Jessica do, there’s bound to be some romantic feelings involve. We did dated. We both started dating on 2014. Like Kwanghee said, being an idol, especially form YG, you don’t get many friends and especially since nowadays much younger and younger groups are debuting, so to find someone that we can comfortably talk with without having that sunbae hoobae barrier is very hard. And since we have been best friends for 2 years, we understand each other better than most people do, so we find comfort in each other than when we’re with anyone else.” Jiyong replied while nodding his head.

 

 

The three MCs were silent for a moment as they try to proses Jiyong’s words in their mind. And Jaedong being the most experience when it comes to shocking stories, snapped out of his daze first. “So, what you’re saying is that you and Jessica-ssi are dating? Then those rumors are true?”

Jiyong smiled and grabs Jessica’s hand that was place on her lap so that it can be caught on camera before nodding his head. “Yes that’s right. The rumors are true. We are dating and have been dating since 2014.”

“Wow…. Congratulations Jiyonggie!” Kwanghee claps his hand with a grin on his face.

While nodding his head and smiling and thanking the three MCs for their congratulatory, Jiyong pulled back his hand from Jessica. Jessica on the other hand just glance down at her hands. She knew that Jiyong was mad at her for what she did, and she herself couldn’t blame him for it. She knew that she had hurt him terribly by friend zoning him on broadcast. She too was sad and hurt when said those words about them being best friends. But now, now it has all gone to waste because Jiyong has publicly announce their relationship. She knows that there’s nothing else she could do other than to accept it and just continue with their original plan.

 

 

“So now that you two have made your relationship official to everyone, I’m sure you two would face many obstacles in the future. I mean with just the dating scandal, you already have fans doing a protest campaign about your relationship. So what do are your thoughts about all this protest that the fans has put on?” Janghoon question while sipping his tea.

Jiyong glance at Jessica and heave a small sigh. “When I first found out about the protest, truthfully I felt very disappointed at my fans that held the protest campaign. Jessica, she normally looks aloof and strong, but in actuality she’s a very sensitive person. When we first got caught at the cinema, Jessica actually had a mini panic attack because she was scared of what the fans will think. She also cried a lot whenever she saw all those protest. And as someone that cares for her and loves her, it hurts me when I see my girlfriend cry because of my fans. I unde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter