Chapter 24

Fly With My Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica nods and smiles at the sounds of her fans screams, the paparazzi’s yelling questions to her and all the blinding lights from the flashing cameras that was shoved up her face. This was a normal occurrence for Jessica, she was pretty much used to it seeing as 7 years of her life was spent standing in front of the camera every day.

However, those 7 years in front of the camera was always accompanied by 8 other girls that was always by her side, so the attention wasn’t fully on her. These past 2 years however, she has spent her days in front of the camera alone. And truthfully, her heart was palpating like crazy and her mind was screaming for her to turnaround shut the door and hide under a blanket somewhere in the store.

As was discussed in Happy Camp before by Jiyong, Jessica has developed a sense of fear when being in crowded place with screaming fans and flashing cameras around. Now, even going through the airport was hard. She was sure that her fans realized of the increased number of security around her. Being surrounded by security brings her little sense of safety and comfort, but it was better than none.

 

Right now Jessica was visiting her future B&E Soho store in New York. The store was done with the renovation and decorations and was ready for launch. But she decided to have the official launch next week. Today was just a pre-launch party where her investors and workers were invited to attend to see the new store before it’s launched to the public.

The fans that found out about her location came over to show their support to her, making her feel touched and love.

“Thank you for coming everyone! I’ve missed you.” Jessica speaks to her fans loudly. “Have you guys missed me?”

All the fans screams back a ‘YES’ to her, making her smile despite her nervousness.

“Have you guys had lunch yet? Make sure you eat okay? I don’t want you guys to get sick.”

The fans awed at her questions and her words. However they were all too excited to respond to her question, making them all push each other to get closer and trying to reach her. Jessica gasp and blinks in a mix of fear and surprise at their action.

“Hey, hey! Back up people! Back up!” The security guard yelled, placing his arms apart to make sure they didn’t get too close and cross the line.

“Be careful everyone! Please don’t push… you’re gonna get hurt.” Jessica speaks to them, calming them down, but not herself. “Well I have to go inside now. I’ll meet you all inside okay? Stay warm!”

 

As Jessica smiles and waves at the crowd, they got more out of control as they scream for her name and trying to get closer to her as possible. Some of them even managed to reach out and touch her, pulling her arms and unintentionally hurting her as they pull on her hair. Jessica could feel her body started to shake in nervousness as the feeling of fear and anxiousness takes over her when the crowd closing up on her. Quickly yet maintaining a professional smile on her face, Jessica kept on waving and giving out loves to her fans as she enters the comfort of her store.

Releasing out a sigh of relieve, Jessica walks back to the back of her store, a hand on her heart, trying to calm herself and even out her breath. As she makes her way to the backroom, Jessica pass by her manager Ae Cha, and told her to provide hot coffee to her fans outside so that they won’t freeze and catch a cold.

Entering her office that was located at the back of her store, Jessica stumbles around, knocking on furniture. Reaching the corner of her office, the shaking girl drops to her body to floor, her knees close to her chest as she quivers, anxiety taking over.

Calm… calm… breathe. In and out. Jessica shuts her eyes as she tries to remember everything Jiyong did to help her calm herself and overcome her anxiety attack. Bringing her hand up to her lips, Jessica bits on her knuckles, as she replays happy memory in her head.

 

__________________________________________________

 

Smiling and shaking hands with the people in the store, Krystal smiles and acted as the co-host for her sister’s event as she entertained her fans outside the shop. Krystal came to New York to support her sister’s dream of opening Blanc & Eclare in New York. Although today wasn’t the official launching of B&E’s Soho store, she thought that she should come and support her none the less.

Krystal was talking to one of the investors when from the corner of her eyes, she saw her sister stumbling to the back room with a hand over her heart. She could feel her lips frown and her eyebrows furrowed together.

Excusing herself from her talking partner, Krystal went to where she last saw her sister only to find her missing. Spotting Ae Cha directing the servers to the door with trays of coffee, she approach her with the intention of searching for her sister.

 

“Ae Cha unnie!” Krystal calls out, causing the older woman to turn to look at her. “Unnie, have you seen where my unnie went?”

“I think she went to the back office. Have you tried checking there?” the woman pointed to the back part of the store.

“Alright. Umm… I’m gonna go check on her, in the meantime, can you entertain the guests? We’ll be back in a bit.”

“Of course Soojung-ah that is my job as your unnie’s manager after all.” A smile came up on the older woman’s face.

Krystal grins and speed walk to the back part of store and into her sister’s little office.

 

As she opens the door to the dark room, Krystal squints her eyes as she look around the place. She could hear laboured breath that she guessed came from her sister, since it was her office. Screening the corner of the office, Krystal gasp as she feels her heart ache at the sight of her poor sister sitting on the floor and shaking as though she was shivering to death.

“Unnie…” Krystal whispered to her as she approach her after closing the door. She didn’t bother to turn on the lights as she knew the dark brought more comfort than the light.

Kneeling in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter