Hopeful Escape

The Love From Long Ago

Ji Hyeon's eyes slowly fluttered open as consciousness came back to her. She was in an unfamiliar room that had a beautiful canopy over it. She felt a heavy weight on her legs and her stomach. When Ji Hyeon looked to her side, Yunho was snoring softly, resting his body over her own. She startled herself out of bed and landed on the floor with a dull thud. Her backside hurt slightly, but she was more worried about the sleeping monster in the bed. She peered over the bed to see that he was still sleeping peacefully. 

Ji Hyeon looked down at her clothes to see that she was wearing a new shirt and jeans. She glared at the sleeping Yunho, trying to keep her composure as she thought about how she got into the clothes. But she didn't have time to worry about such things. As sofltly as she could, Ji Hyeon tiptoed over to the door, holding the door handle with all her might. Slowly turning the doorknob until it couldnt be turned anymore, Ji Hyeon pulled the door open softly. Just as she was able to get it open enough so that she could slip her body through, it made the most aggravating screech, causing Ji Hyeon to snap her attention towards Yunho.

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!!!!!

Luckily for her, Yunho was a heavy sleeper so he just continued sleeping, his snoring starting to get a bit louder. Like a sneaky little cat, Ji Hyeon slinked her body through the doorway and closed it as quietly as possible. Tiptoeing quietly down the hallway, Ji Hyeon made her way down the stairs and walked softly through the hallway. Noticing that there were no guards, Ji Hyeon walked against the wall, searching for a door. At the end of the hallway, there was a door that led to the outside. Ji Hyeon grabbed the door handle and unlocked it, twitching at the loud click the lock made. As she pulled the door open, she was slightly surprised that there was no alarm blaring through the house. Once again she slinked through the doorway and felt the cold  air hit her like a train. Hoping her body would acclamatize quickly, she stepped onto the cold grass and heard the resounding crunch of the autumn leaves.

Just as she was about to take her fourth step, a light switched on in the house. The light cast a beam down on the grass, making Ji Hyeon crouch down in defense. Slowly turning her head around, she let out a silent whimper as she saw Yunho's figure walking to the window. When his hands got to the curtains of the room, Ji Hyeon was already crouching and running towards whatever direction would take her away from the house. Little did she know that Yunho knew she was trying to escape and that he had a system in his room that allowed him to know what doors opened in the house.

Yunho's house was very far away from civilization. In fact, his house was in the rural parts of the country. Ji Hyeon was running in the direction of a large man-made pond, that was slightly hidden by a sparse amount of trees. The moonlight made the lake twinkle with beauty but that wasn't the main focus of Ji Hyeon's escape. Her focus was on how far away the guards that were currently coming from the house were and if she would be able to hide in time. She heard one of the guards shouting to the other guards to find her now and sprinted harder. Just as she reached the edge of the bed, she heard the crunching of leaves behind her, signaling that the guards were nearby. Using all the adrenaline that she had in her body, she slid into the lake after taking a very deep breath. Trying not to make too much movement so that the lake would not ripple, Ji Hyeon floated near the surface but faced away from the shoreline. Hoping that the breath she took would be good enough, she looked up to see the guards' flashlights skimming over the surface of the water. But they turned away a few seconds later with no sign of the girl they were supposed to be looking for.

Ji Hyeon slowly raised her head out of the water, ever piece of hair sticking to her head. Hoping her lungs would not give out on her, she took a well-needed breath and turned around to see two long legs standing in front of her. She could literally feel every single blood cell drain from her face when she looked up at the man who was standing in front of her. Yunho's face was a mixture of emotions; anger, calmness, and curiosity. But all Ji Hyeon could think about is how she was going to get out of this mess. They stared at each other for what felt like hours, until Ji Hyeon made the first move. Using all of her leg power, Ji Hyeon kicked away from the shore and swam as hard as she could. Hoping that Yunho didn't know how to swim, she swam until she felt something grab her leg. Ji Hyeon kicked and thrashed, but nothing could get her away from the hand that was pulling her back. In a matter of seconds, Yunho was able to grab Ji Hyeon and keep her from moving at all. His arm was around his neck, while his leg was holding both of her legs  together.

"Calm down, sweetheart, calm down. Now I'm going to give you two options: You can come back with me, peacefully, and I won't keep you in the basement. Or you can fight all you want and stay in the basement for the rest of your life. Which one will you choose?" Yunho said softly, holding her as close to his body as he could. Ji Hyeon struggled a bit before finally giving in and whispering, "I'll go with you, alright?" Yunho smiled and kissed on her cheek, recieving a flinch from Ji Hyeon. He kept her in front of him as they swam back to shore. He got out first and pulled Ji Hyeon out, wrapping his arm around her waist automatically. Yunho was too preoccupied with thinking about how he was going to spending his time with Ji Hyeon to realize that she had a sizeable rock  in her hand. As they got to the middle of his lawn, he was about to turn to Ji Hyeon and ask her a question, when he felt a sharp pain at the side of his head. Yunho let go of her to feel his head, pulling his hand away to see blood on his fingers. His vision became hazy as he fell to the ground, trying to reach out for Ji Hyeon's feet.

Ji Hyeon dropped the rock to the ground and started running away, to hear the jingling of keys behind her. When she glanced behind her, she saw four burly security guards running towards her, making her pick up speed. The front gate was closed, but this did not discourage Ji Hyeon. She sprinted towards it with all over power and jumped as hard as she could, grabbing the cool metal. Her feet were scrambling for some time of level and as soon as she could get her footing, she pushed up. The guards were jumping for her feet, but their tries were useless as Ji Hyeon pulled herself over the fence. Thinking that the ground wasn't too far down, she let go of the railing.

Ji Hyeon groaned as she landed awkwardly; her right ankle was throbbing in pain as she started to limp off. Her clothes were dirty and her body was starting to shiver as the temperature was dropping. Luckily enough for her, it was dark, so when the gates of Yunho's residence opened, she didn't freak out because they had turned in the opposite direction of her. Slowly she made her way down the road, the time passing slowly for Ji Hyeon.

Hours later, Ji Hyeon had finally reached civilization as the cars started passing her by. Sadly enough, none of them stopped for a ragged looking girl with a limp. Her feet just carried her to her apartment as the sun started to peak over the buildings. Early birds were looking at her strange as she limped down her street and entered her apartment. She pressed her floor number and sighed heavily, thinking about what she was going to do when she got into her apartment. The elevator dinged and Ji Hyeon stepped out of it, basking in the scent of the hallway. When she got to her door, she sighed heavily again, before reaching above the doorframe. She felt for the key and brought it down once it was in her hands. Just as she was about to put the key into the lock, the door opened wide to show a pale looking Jay, with red eyes.

"Hey," was all Ji Hyeon could muster, as the eyes that were staring at her ragged form started to tear up again.

"Welcome home."

 

 

Argh, I'm kind of upset right now. I did a practice SAT test this weekend and my score went down!!! I mean who's score goes down....obviously this stupid girl...and I'm taking it this Saturday.....bleh TT_TTAnyway....I hope this chapter was good enough....I really don't know it took me so long to update. I was just being lazy I guess. But I will update next week after my SAT.....I wanna go jump in a hole......

Sorry, I'm ruining this story, ENJOY MY LOVELIES and don't forget to comment and subscribe!