Record 27

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Record #27

My lip was soaked in blood and so were my teeth. I had bitten it so hard to prevent crying and screaming. My good hand was trembling as well as my heart, and my breathing was agitated.

“I bet you are still hearing me.” I heard him a bit far from the closet. “And just for you to know, your friend was wrong. I do have plans of killing Mark and you too.” I couldn’t see him, but I could feel his smirk searching for more blood. For his next victim. “What a pity Eunji won’t be there to save either of you.”

I gasped.

What.

No, he didn’t. He couldn’t.

The dagger went through the door. Haejin opened the door with all his strength and pulled me out by my hair. I dare to use my good hand on his wrist, but it was useless.

“I found you, hazel eyes,” he whispered.

My whole body burned in anxiety and pain when we met eyes. Dark and bid orbs. Frigid and deadly.

“Eunji, what have you done to her?!”

My fingers felt his bones moved when Haejin pulled back my hair stronger and I cried. “What do you think? I managed to catch her before she escaped with the kids. The stupid tried to fight against me, but I am clever and stronger. Because of her, I lost sight of the loud children.” He scoffed, annoyed. “Your sister, she was a Hybrid too. She hide it from us. And she deserved to die.”

“Monster,” I said. My nails damaging his skin, but Haejin didn’t flinch. “Disgusting monster!”

My injured side hit against the mattress. I yelped and felt my wounds opened even wider. I stayed at the floor, glaring at him as I breathed in and out.

“You are just like her,” he had no emotion on his voice. “Those icy and daring eyes. Thinking there’s nothing to fear,” he kicked my cheek and I cried. “You are all the same. You all think you are all mighty and invincible just because your bones are more resistance to pain.” Haejin grabbed my hair once again, dragging me close to him. I felt his hot and tensed breathing. “But I managed to beat you. I am winning against you. And I’m just a normal citizen, no virus corrupts my blood.”

“But are way worse than us,” I spited at his face. My knife cut the left cheek all way from his ear to his mouth. And when he pushed me, I rolled away. He howled endlessly. Blood dripping to his cloths and stained the floor when he searched for me.

That’s when I froze at his expression.

Those weren’t the eyes of a boy, but a beast. A wild animal wanting to destroy everything upon his way. The cut made his face looked ten times scarier.

Just before he attacked me once again, a smaller arrow hit his waist.

Mark appeared next to me carrying a crossbow. He shot once again, but missed. He had come from the upper vents.

Haejin pulled out his blade. I saw him ran towards Mark before my body pounded at the loss of blood.

Breathing was becoming more and more difficult. My face was losing color. My bandages were turning red. My eyes felt heavy and my stomach was revolting. The mess of my hair was covering my eyes and it moved every time I breathed.

Mark felt to the floor. His leg badly injured.

When Haejin knocked him out, he turned his attention to me.

He was ready to finish me. I bet he was imagining the more twisted, painful and disgusting way possible.

My good hand trembled and made it’s way to my jacket pocket. I found the red lipstick with my fingers and took it with dear life. I told myself we’ll meet soon and tears started falling.

But just before my eyes shut completely, I heard the door burst opened. I saw their figures coming in. She ran to Mark. And he was fuming. His eyes not leaving Haejin.

That’s when I remembered everything we shared together and the things I need to tell him.

His presence made my heart fluttered.

Everything turned black when I heard the battle outburst in the middle of the enormous room.

The outcome, I wasn’t able to see it.

 

 

 

I felt air filling my mouth and nose. I grasped the soft fabric with closed eyes. I realized the feeling of one hand only.

I had knew it. I had guessed it long ago.

My eyelashes fluttered opened to notice the breathing mask on me. I turned to my side, what's left of my right arm was covered to the top of my shoulder. I wasn’t wearing a shirt, but all my abdomen, even my chest area, was covered with the bandages. I still felt the endless feeling of agony in my veins and bones.

“Oh, you are awake.” My head turned to the other side. Jungkook stood up from his bed. His muscles stand out even when part of his chest and stomach area covered with the white cloth. “You enjoy seeing us death worried for you, don’t you?” Jungkook sat at the end of my bed.

I laughed quietly. I looked around and found Jimin sleeping. There was also an unmade bed in the room.

“That’s Mark’s,” Jungkook said. “He was finally allowed to walk with the crutches.”

My eyes got wider in wonderment.

Jungkook sighed, his smile gone. “He lost his right leg. Haejin cut it so deeply it damaged his nerves.”

“What happened?” I coughed. My voice sounded foreign in my lips.

“Hey, hey, not dying yet, pleas.” Jungkook turned to me in deep worry. “Try to speak slowly. Your lungs are still healing with all the bruises at your back.”

I nodded. I opened my eyes wider for an explanation.

Jungkook’s laugh wasn’t the same. I felt how disheartened he was.

“V arrived even when he told him not to. Mikki let him go easily. So he searched first for Anri. And he found her in the middle of battling Leo. She was struggling, so obviously he helped her and ended him soon. Then he dragged her inside to search for you. Mikki gave them the exact directions to which floor and what room where you in.

“He was able to defeat Haejin with Anri’s help. Yet all she did was acting as a distraction. He was the one who killed him as soon as Haejin admitted what happened to Rap Monster and Eunji.

“Both were the most affected emotionally. Rap Monster was like an older brother to V and Anri had known him since little. It wasn’t a scenario we imagined would happen. I still imagine I’ll see him walk inside the room with a new project idea on his mind.”

My good hand find his and Jungkook laughed bitterly.

I still can imagine his wise voice in my head. I still feel the freshness of his emotions and warm smile. His strong hands taking care of me and eyes following me and listening to me. Rap Monster was a precious friend we all treasure endlessly.

“Jungkook, if you cry, I’ll do too,” I whispered with my raspy voice as my head lowered. My lips tremble and I bite them down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter