Record 02

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Record #02

"," Jungkook cursed out loud. His hands formed fists until his veins shown. He turned towards Anri and scowled. "You should have told me to come with you."

Anri coughed as Jungkook lifted her bride style and I just followed where they were heading to. "Shut up! How could I have known they had a Venomous Chimera with them?"

"You could have smelt it!"

"Don’t you remember I told you many times already?" Anri coughed once again as she struggled. "I'm not able to sense a Venomous Chimera because their smell blends easily with the environment!" But he didn’t seem satisfied with her answer.

I was amazed. Even with her deep bruises and breathing difficulties Anri was able to speak freely.

"Stop it you two. You are scaring our guest," Taehyung implied as he gazed at me. Jungkook and Anri turned towards me and forgave themselves. I wasn’t scared. I was intrigued.

"Thanks for your help," Jungkook said. "But we have to go back." I nodded shyly. But I didn't want to let them go. I can’t formulate a reason why, but I wanted to stay with them.

"Idiot. We can't leave her here!" Anri snapped back. "We have to take her with us."

I blinked when Jungkook asked why. Taehyung giggled as he answered back. "Haven't you notice it? She's a Hybrid," my body trembled as I heard my identity. "Just like us."

Those last words made my heart beat in happiness and sighed in relief.

The four of us were in a helicopter. Jungkook as the pilot and I sat next to him. Taehyung, who was helping Anri with her bruises, was on the back seats with her. I saw him gave her a beverage with an awful smell to which Anri cringed when drank it.

"It tastes like wolf’s urine," Anri complained as she made a funny facial expression of disgust.

"It helps the virus poison decrease," Taehyung informed. "Besides, have you drank wolf's urine?" He added with surprise.

“Bet she has, else how she’ll know,” Jungkook added jokingly.

Anri blushed at his words as she coughed more lightly and looked to the outside. "Not of your business." Taehyung laughed out loud and I noticed Jungkook smirking too. I continued looking at them with many questions on my head. Yet I feel so shy to even say a word.

"Eunbyul, right?" I heard Taehyung said. I blinked softly and nodded. "I haven't introduce myself properly, have I?" He laughed. "My name is Kim Taehyung, but call me V. If there any question you want to ask, go ahead and don't feel shy."

I gulped and gained confidence. "How you noticed I was a Hybrid?"

He thought about it for five seconds. "Anri, how did you knew?" Taehyung asked her innocently and she just rolled her eyes with a smile.

"When your eyes changed to hazel as you shot the Chimera,” Anri said softly as fixed her bangs which hide the bruises on her forehead.

I turned as nodded silently. My gaze lowered to my trembling hands as I heard Taehyung and Anri talking. I had trained myself to hide it: my changing color eyes. It’s a feature every Initiator deals with. But this time, I was careless enough to show them. Maybe it was due to despair I let my guards down.

Jungkook was too focus in dragging us back to wherever their basement was.
I didn't notice my eyes were in the verge of forming tears because I was too deep in my frustrated thoughts.

I felt someone tapping my shoulders and turned softly. "Is there anything bothering you?" Jungkook asked as he keep his eyes in front.

I sobbed and cleaned the tears from my cheeks. "I'm fine." But that’s a lie.

He sighed. "I know it must be difficult to see your city burn in ashes. It will take some time until you feel confident enough to stand by yourself and heal the scars you have."

I looked at him overwhelmed. I paid attention at every single word he said.

"Even if we barely know each other, I hope you trust us. We have experienced the same pain you are going through in different ways and times, but that's what make us stronger," he smiled as he pushed some buttons. "You'll grow stronger. Don't worry"

I saw him grabbing a small microphone and asked for allowance to land.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" I whispered as I noticed the sky getting clear. We weren't in the North anymore, but I can’t guess where we are now.

"Because you are like us. You are one of us. Don't feel ashamed of it."

Because we are equal. Because we are Initiators. Because we were born with the same virus going through our veins. And there wasn't anything I should feel scare of myself not regretful.
I know it would take me some time to heal my heart. But I need to grow stronger for the people I care: for my adoptive parents and the kids I shared part of my life. I owe them my part happiness and the best way to repay back their smiles and support is by fighting back. Fight back and confront the ones who want to bring us down: us, the Initiators.


I waited outside the room Taehyung had took Anri for some news about her health. Next to me was Jungkook, who had his eyes closed as he waited. I was too shy to start a conversation, so I just remained silent. But during those minutes of waiting I stole glances at him.
He was handsome, really handsome. A sudden blush came to my cheeks and gazed towards the ground.

"What kind of Soul do you have?" I heard him asked still with his eyes closed.

"Soul?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter