Record 25

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Record #25

“I’m Tiger Soul.”

“That’s interesting.”

“Yep. I’m really good at hunting and running too. Anri told me you are good at hunting too.”

“I am.”

“Tell me about this V guy,” Eunji’s voice turned softer and I could hear her interest. “How did you met and all that stuff.”

“But it’s a really long story,” I complained.

“Oh, c’mon. I’ve done most of the talking here.”

Certainly, Eunji had told me about her life. She grew up in South East with an old lady that took care of her. After she passed away when she was twelve, Baba took care of her from that day on. They moved to South and Eunji helped her in her clock’s shop. Eunji also learned how to hunt in the South woods out of necessity.

Mark and Eunji were part of JYPE. Both were given the same mission: to infiltrate The Slayers. Eunji had never been assigned a group, most of the work she was assigned she either joined GOT7 or did it with a female partner, who The Slayers took care of after both joined the group.

It was one of the things Eunji regretted the most. Not being able to protect the ones she cared. But their company never blame them, nor the other members in each group. Everyone knew how hard they were working. They’ve been hiding for a few years in The Slayers and discovered dark secrets about our society and our Government. Secrets that should never be exposed. Private information Mark and Eunji were fully aware of, and which she later promised me telling me. But as for now, I needed to focus on my current mission.

“It was when North was attacked. Taehyung was the one who saved me and sent me to Anri and Jungkook, who you’ll later meet. Taehyung is a really smart person. He’s a fast learner and has a wide knowledge with plants. Just like you, he also is a talkative boy and sociable. He had always been there for me. He always took care of me and treated me as a friend from the first moment we talked. Even when I barely spoke, it never felt awkward. I trust him as much as he trust me. And I grew to love his attentive and caring self not only to me, but to those who are close to him.”

“Do you love him?” I noticed her teasing tone. My face felt to my lap. My fingers playing with each other. Mark, who gave me his phone to speak with my sister, but in the condition it was in speaker mode, was driving in silence as he let me spoke with my sister. Never he had interrupt us, but was listening attentively.

And admitting I was in love with Taehyung in front of an stranger made me feel uneasy.

But those were my true feelings. I shouldn’t be ashamed of them. Instead, I should be treasuring them.

“I do,” I whispered. I heard Eunji’s squeal and imagined her delighted face.

“Girls, I came to check on Eunbyul and I heard a really promising confession,” Anri spoke and I giggled shyly.

“He’s your first love, isn’t he?!” My sister asked.

“Yes.”

“That’s so romantic!”

“Honestly, I could hear your confessions all day, but I have work to do,” Anri added with a gentle sigh. “Don’t stay up too late talking.”

“Yes, mom,” Eunji giggled and her Anri as she left.

“She’s really nice! I like her and she’s really pretty too!” Eunji said with excitement.

“She is,” I smiled. “Just wait until you see her in action. She’s truly amazing.”

“I bet. If she beat Dose, I can imagine what an amazing fighter she is.”

“Have Anri told you everyone’s names?”

“She has. I hope I don’t mess up,” she giggled. “Let’s see. Apart from Anri and V, there’s Jin, the oldest one. Rap Monster, Rooster Soul Hybrid, the brains. Suga, the quiet and observant one. J-Hope, the loud and scary cat of the group. Jimin, Cat Soul, and his cousin Mikki, Snake Soul. And Jungkook, Rabbit Soul Hybrid, the youngest one and has the same age as us.”

“Correct.”

Eunji was so direct and honest. I could feel her worry and excitement in her words when she asked random questions, and her reliable tone made me feel sure about her true intentions.

She knew about me long ago. Eunji had watched me from the shadows not telling anyone about my existence, not even Mark. I couldn’t understand how she had done so, hide from my vision.

Eunji and I talked for about ten minutes more until Mark stopped the car.

Ahead of us, there was an abandoned hospital building. The walls vandalized and some windows broken. I shivered at the spooky feel it gave me. It felt like collapsing at any second.

“This our currently hideout,” Mark said as she step out the car.

I opened the door and followed him. “So, there are more?”

“Yes. We settled here because we were following you,” Mark admitted and opened the wooden door. The halls lights weren’t on and Mark made me the favor to turned them on. I breathed normally once they were on.

Anri said to turn on the flies cameras as soon as I was inside. Once done, they flew away to different directions.

At that time, Anri and Eunji were both talking to me. Eunji by Mark’s phone and Anri by the ear cuff.

“So, basically I have the images of the hospital. If I found something strange, I’ll tell you right away,” Anri said.

“We’ll go around to see if we can find something too,” Mark had added placing an earbud on both his ears. He came closer to me and handed multiple daggers, knives and a spear. He kept the loaded gun to himself.

“Oh, thanks.”

He had been listening all this time. When I told Eunji I preferred daggers than guns, he was paying attention.

“Just in case, carry this with you too,” Mark gave me a blowgun. He had a crossbow on his back. “This place is big. All rooms look exactly the same, so please try not to get lost.”

I nodded. The hospital was tall for the seven floors it had and hundreds of rooms. No elevators working and some floors’ light were broken according to Mark, which only made it difficult to walk around.

“I’ll guide you, if you seem to spot something, tell me,” Mark started walking on the first floor. “And don’t worry, this place isn’t haunted as it looks like.”

I smiled softly. “It’s ok. I don’t believe in ghosts anyway.”

“Really? Well I do. I didn’t, but I experienced stuff that made me change my mind.”

“I want to believe they don’t exist. Thanks.”

He laughed and guided us.

We’ll cover the first and second floor. According to Anri the flies’ cameras were on the rest of the building.

All what I noticed were broken undone beds, dirty bathrooms, broken glasses spread on the floor, open windows and torn curtains. I did saw cameras on some corners, to which some were still working by the red blink I glanced.

The eerie camera follow us as we turned the corner.

We spent the whole night wandering the first and second floor endlessly to the point it didn’t feel creepy at all anymore. There was no sound around except for our breathing and our slow steps.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter