Record 11

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Record #11

There was a high possibility we might end up locked inside this mansion walls if we don't find at least a single clue about the testament whereabouts. I had suspicions where we could find some, but first we must get to know our surroundings for us to move freely.

 

"I'll do my best to unlock the second padlock. There's no way I let you guys ing lock in there," Mikki said firmly.

 

"Aren’t you also supposed to help us with the Mansion's map? Isn't it too much for you?" Jimin asked as we step closer to the main door. We just needed the final order from Mikki to step inside.

 

"Jimin, I've done more difficult things before and you know it."

 

"Guess you're right," Jimin smiled silently.

 

"Ok, guys, you might enter now. The 70 hour countdown starts now."

 

As soon as Mikki notified us, we opened the main door as Jungkook walked away shouting us good luck. When I entered I felt a weird cold air traveling through my back. The wooden floor and white walls illuminated only by the sun made the hallway look never ending. The furniture was kept and was getting dust from remaining untouched. We passed through some doors, which once we opened them and saw more hallways or stairs, we decided not to step into them. We were just checking and following my map. We just walked one way and soon welcomed by the first lobby room with seven random doors and almost new furniture. We checked the seven doors. Three leaded us to more corridors, one was the kitchen, another one opened to the garden, I found a full bathroom and the seven door was a bedroom.

 

Jimin checked the kitchen and found some utensils we can use, also he placed in the refrigerator the food we brought. Taehyung checked the electricity and water. The bathroom and kitchen provided only cold water. So if we want to shower we'll do it with it unless we boil the water, but we decided not to waste gas on it since we didn't know how much there was. And I, in the other hand, placed our weapons on the bedroom, which had a small closet, a plasma TV, a huge window with beige curtains, a small sofa next to the TV and a king size bed.

 

I looked carefully every single corner and noticed some glitter on it. I step outside and checked on the kitchen and other rooms. Every single of them had at least a bright corner, almost invisible for eyes. The only room placed differently was the bathroom, the glitter not came from the uppers corners but from the down corner which was hidden by a vanity table.

 

I had my own guesses about what they are. And if my assumptions were correct, we are being watch. And I just hope for Mikki to hack the cameras so she can help us out in case we get lost or give us any information she can find in the rooms.

 

Also, noticing the corner glitter, I came with a conclusion. Rooms have at least three hidden cameras, except for the bathroom which is the most private place, and I assume it having only a single camera placed strategically. And if every single place is being secure by cameras, the most important room must own the more amount of security.

 

I came back to the bedroom as I heard Jimin and Taehyung cooking something. Their voices were clear and I smiled at how friendly they sounded. I grinned when they argued at how much food we could eat today. Once I was inside the room, I looked carefully and found two glitters on the upper corners and one inside the closet. I moved the sofa near a chosen corner, I stood on the arm and got a clear view of the shining spot. A centimeter crystal ball attached to the corner shined and I noticed the inner core moved as a camera would do when noticing a weird movement.

 

I smirked and went down when heard Taehyung calling me to eat lunch.

 

Once I step into the kitchen, I blinked at the grimy floor and messy table. Luckily they didn't burn the place down. I reprimanded them for leaving the room in such a tacky state and obligate them to clean everything before eating. How can they turn things in such a chaos in a few minutes just to prepare some sandwiches?

 

"Next time either I'll watch you cook or I do it myself," I said as I mopped the floor.

 

"Usually the one who does this kind of stuff is Anri," Jimin said as the put away the clean cooking utensils Taehyung handed him. "She's a great chef."

 

"But an organized freak," Taehyung added making Jimin agreed and I smiled.

 

"I'll tell Anri what you guys just said."

 

We all jumped from the sudden appear of her voice. I forgot Mikki's existence for a while.

 

"Please, don't speak out of the blue," Jimin pleaded as he collected the pieces of the plate he dropped due to Mikki sudden appearance.

 

"Just for you guys to remember... I'm listening and also recording our conversation. You know, just in case," Mikki said and I could imagine an innocent, but playful look on her unknown eyes.

 

"Sometimes you really creep me out," Taehyung added as he cleaned the sink. "Have you found out anything?"

 

"If you are willing to know... The Java code implemented in the first floor seemed to be supported by an upper level floor codification and a riddle. There's also a puzzle on the security I'm trying to figure out. And a secret code I can't seem to understand," Mikki said as I heard the tap of her fingers against a desk. "It's like a child's play and that's driving me nuts."

 

"What about that secret code?" Jimin asked as he placed the plates of food on the table.

 

"It's written in Latin. And I already translate it, but I can't seem to figure it out because I'm not inside the mansion," Mikki added as we all sat to eat. "Have you noticed something different there?"

 

"Mikki, we just entered. Everything seems just fine," Taehyung added as he took a bite of his sandwich. He glanced at Jimin, who shook his head notifying us he hasn't noticed anything either.

 

"Eunbyul, have you?" Mikki asked me. I noticed some kind of expectation on her tone. This was the first time we were acknowledging our presences. And the boys’ eyes turned to me.

 

"There are crystal cameras on the upper or down corners of each rooms," I started not glancing away from my plate. "I believe important ones have the most number of cameras. And so far, the ones I checked had around one to three cameras only."

 

"And can you tell me exactly how many cameras can you count in the kitchen room?"

 

I looked up and my eyes traveled the kitchen. Four in each corner. I checked on the drawers too and found other two. "So far I have only noticed six in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, three in the bedroom and two in the hall."

 

"Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll let you guys eat in peace and I'll be talking to you later."

 

As soon as Mikki disconnected I felt the looks from the boys on me. I asked if everything was ok as I bit shyly the sandwich in front.

 

"Why haven't you tell me about the cameras?" Taehyung asked. I felt a sudden uncomfortable glare coming from him. And I didn't like that look on his eyes.

 

"Because I just found out. I was planning on telling you later."

 

"Why can't I see the cameras?" Jimin asked to change the kind of heavy atmosphere as his head fly across the room making me smile at how silly and lost he was.

 

"The cameras are crystal like and poky, so they camouflage pretty easily on the corners. Also they are kind of impossible to catch at first sight. You'll need to touch them first for you to finally see them."

 

Jimin nodded and I felt Taehyung’s presence soothed. I checked on him quietly and his eyes traveled the room, as if he wanted to search and find the almost invisible cameras. He wasn't able to and pouted when noticed anything.

 

As I cleaned the dishes, Taehyung and Jimin checked the near surroundings. I warned them to not go far, even if they already knew it. Just by looking at them, I knew curiosity was raising once they met this huge mansion. I shared that feeling, but I’m not the type of person who adventures the unknown.

 

The resonance of the cold air remained me how lonely this place is. But not only had the desolation of the almost untouched items troubled me, but a heavy sensation in my heart. I found myself checking behind my back frequently, not because I felt someone watching me, but due to the change of the air direction.

 

I saw bubbles fly in weird directions, it took a while for finally reach the ground. And the small particles of dust also experiment the same behavior. Why? This isn’t normal. I took a look outside the window and found everything normal. I guess I was being paranoid, but I sensed it. This place is untrustworthy.

 

When I met Taehyung and Jimin, Mikki contacted us. It was already getting dark outside. Mikki told us to stay in the main room together since she finds this place… weird. She had already decode the first and second floor distribution, but just to make sure we are safe and sound, she recommended us to stay in place and not investigate for today. But she warns us to pay attention to every abnormal sound or feeling. I wondered if staying in the first level won’t be disadvantageous for our mission. We only had around two days to find the testament and we had small clues. But then I recalled Mikki had already decoded the first and second floor maps in around hour and half. There are six floors, so in about four hours and half, she should have decoded the six floors.

 

Though now I wondered if the Shawn Mansion owns a basement under its cold walls.

 

Jimin and Taehyung opened up a laptop they brought and checked up the information Mikki had sent. Taehyung spent most of the time memorizing every single detail described and Jim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter