Record 19

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Record #19

 

“Blue eyes?” I took a step closer to Anri to take her bow as she fixed her ponytail.

 

“I never told you, haven't I?” Anri said turning to me. Those perfect colored orbs looking at me. “Your eyes turned hazel, but in my case they turn blue.”

 

She looked mesmerizing, her gaze hypnotized. And it made her features shine ever more.

 

Anri’s eyes fell on my hands, eyes turning back to normal. She went towards Jungkook and took some stuff out of his backpack. I had small fresh stretches colored in red. I didn’t even felt the pain or burning sensation.

 

“V would have threated it if he was here,” she put some ointment on them. It burned for a second. “And throttled us for not taking care of you,” she added softly.

 

“He's kind of impulsive,” I whispered with a smile on my lips. I just thought about him and it hasn't happened at least an hour of us being away.

 

Anri nodded. She turned to Jin and checked his back. She applied the same medicine on his bruises.

 

I noticed a fresh scratched behind her bangs, in her forehead. Anri didn't notice it until now.

 

“Your forehead,” I said to her.

 

Anri turned and pulled her hair away. “Is it bad?” I shook my head, it was a small bruise. She showed Jungkook, who was looking at her with his doe eyes, the medicine and he pulled it almost immediately.

 

“Careless hamster,” he said as he applied the ointment with soft taps.

 

She laughed. “Are we starting, baby bun?”

 

He wasn't pleased with that nickname. I had to hold my laughter from his expression, but he play along.

 

“I'm not a baby, shorty.”

 

She raised her eyebrows and held a smirk. “Should I remind you the times you-”

 

“Do not even dare,” he stopped her as he covered . “It's not fair. You met me when I was a kid, I've changed since then.”

 

“Whatever you said,” she walked away. “Lil bun.”

 

Anri started running and Jungkook tried to catch her.

 

“We should go now,” Jin said to me. As we walked he talked to Mikki to update her our status.

 

Their group had already left the cabin and were heading towards the outskirts of the sector. They talked around five minutes longer, I didn't pay attention to it. I just wanted to know how they were doing. How he was doing. They were just fine as we are.

 

“So… When happened?”

 

I turned to my left, Anri was walking next to me. Jin was a few steps away from us, still talking. Jungkook was walking backwards facing me.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

 

“You and V,” she said. “You guys are together now, aren't you?”

 

I couldn't lie. I smiled at the ground and nodded.

 

“You owe me a new internal combustion engine,” Jungkook added. “It took him a week to confess.”

 

Anri rolled her eyes. “Wait. Sure he did and not Eunbyul?”

 

“She's too shy to do so.”

 

Both turned to me, my cheeks felt warm already. “He did.”

 

“Told you so,” his lips twisted to his left side, like he always do when talking.

 

“Fine,” she exhaled. “You win this time.”

 

He smiled widely.

 

“So,” Anri turned back to me. A wide smile in her face. “Details. Since when?”

 

I blinked. Jungkook also had a curious look. Jin might be walking ahead of us, but he was listening. I knew he was. “Today, when I was alone practicing, we talked and he confessed.”

 

“So that's why he told us to not come around your practice,” Jungkook added. “He had everything planned.”

 

Maybe he did. He wanted to tell me earlier, but he couldn't. Taehyung took this opportunity to tell me his feelings, before I leave, when I was alone, when we were alone. And just the two of us made it more special.

 

But it feels more tragic this way. After we admitted our feelings, we have to part ways, and it might be cheesy, because we’ll see each other later. But, in situations like this, in this world, I can't even be sure of my future.

 

We might see each other again, or, as much I deny it, we might not.

 

Even if the path was one way, we followed Jin. The golden duo were walking by my side, one in each side. It didn't took us long to find the connecting door to the room filled with the armament. Jin turned to us, he contained his laugh, but told us to prepare.

 

I looked to my upper right, Jungkook standing, and my lower left, Anri waiting. And I realised it. What Jin was making laughing of was us. We were standing in a line from lowest to the highest. Did he really find it funny? I bet we looked like a stair in his eyes.

 

“If you weren't my friend, I would have already kick your for making fun of my height,” Anri also noticed it.

 

“It's not fair only Jungkook gets to chance to tease you,” Jin loaded his gun. “I haven't even said a word and you are already treating me?” Jin shook his head with lips twisted to his right.

 

“I'm containing myself just because you are the oldest,” Anri smirked and he looked offended. “We have to pay respect to the elders, haven't we?”

 

I giggled and Jungkook laughed out loud. Jin was around five years older than Jungkook and I, but he kept that youthful look.

 

“Insolent kids,” Jin mumbled.

 

Our earpieces turned off as soon as Jin opened the door and everything was pitch black. He tried to connect with Mikki, but the static made it impossible.

 

There’s only the four of us now.

 

He took a lantern and guided the way towards the elevator. Jungkook illuminated the sideways, everything was a mess. Destroyed guns, spread bullets in the floor, broken wood and metal, and scratched walls. He collected a bunch of untouched bullets from the floor and shelves.

 

They reached to this room, but they might have not reached that far. The woods were enormous and it would have taken them forever to find us. But, they did found us. Yet, they haven't attack us.

 

Why?

 

Jin pressed the button to call the elevator. It shined in the dark as opened doors. Once we stepped in, I had a bad feeling. I felt observed. But it wasn't just because of the small camera in the corner. There was something more darker.

 

The floor shook and everything turned black once again. The doors opened in a different floor, two floors lower the level we want to reach.

 

Paper across the floor, desks lifted, glass spread around. And a cold breeze that came from inside. I got an eerie feelings and I gasped as the lanterns shined.

 

“We have to make it quick, where the stairs are?” Jin asked as we stepped in the spooky room.

 

“We need to leave this room and head towards the center. We are in the left side,” Anri said as her eyes traveled around. Her bow loaded.

 

“How long will it take us reach there?” Jin asked.

 

“Around ten minutes.”

 

Jungkook stayed by my side and Anri walked next to Jin. Her bracelet didn't blink. There weren't venomous Chimeras around. Yet we need to be prepared for anything.

 

I felt the echo of our steps. My hands shivered in cold and my heart pumped like crazy. Our breathing were slow and heavy. Walking to the unknown awakes new emotions through me. And the ghostly silence doesn’t help me to feel safe.

 

My hazel eyes spotted the stairs meters from us, but I became stiff when heard an spectral cry. I turned back where the high voice came from. And the usual electricity traveled my spine as soon as we made eye contact.

 

They hauled as seeing us and cried louder, startling us.

 

Body of a lion, oversized paws and nails, enormous teeth and black eyes, bull horns, and tail of a live snake. Both cried at the same time, the lion and the snake, as they run towards us.

 

Anri’s bracelet sparkled and she cursed. Her mask already on.

 

She shot them down with electric arrows. I aimed for their eyes and the snake heads, Jungkook and Jin finished them as they crawled in blindness.

 

But they seemed no never end. Every time one went down, three appeared.

 

“Run!” Anri shouted as she used her explosive arrow.

 

The smoke hide us for seconds when we turned the nearest corner and we run as the remaining dust covered our faces. We reached the stairs and my eyes saw them coming, angrier

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter