Record 26

Mavericks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Record #26

Haejin pulled my ear cuff and pushed me inside the cell. I felt the burning sensation from my right side. My fingers touched the bloody skin and I shivered as soon as I felt the torn part, yet my eyes never left the frigid feel they emanated.

Ace was barking and Bella pushing the bar with her claws. Her feet and his neck were locked with chains. They couldn’t reach me. Any less reach Haejin.

He walked towards me. The strength of his kick in my stomach made me felt backwards. His leg hit my cheek as soon as I tried to stand up, and I spit blood as I curled my body. When my hands grabbed my hidden dagger, his boot stepped in my both hands. All his weight felt on my wrists. I moaned in pain. I couldn’t reach any other weapon like this.

“No. No,” Haejin smirked. “I could kill you right now, but I won’t. You have to behave.”

His blade raised to my head and I glared at it with big eyes.

“I’ll cut your ear, darling,” Haejin moved his hand to the left, to my injured ear, his weight still on my hands. “If you don’t follow what I say.”

I nodded softly.

“All your armament. Off. Now.”

He took the spear, the blowgun, my knives and daggers.

I couldn’t believe the enormous strength his hands had. Just with one, he was able to push both my wrists to the dirty ground. I tried to loosed the grip, but he didn’t even felt my struggles, instead he grabbed me harder, making my pain intensify and my bones almost break.

“You almost fooled me, hazel eyes,” Haejin said and bent closer. His blade skimming the skin of my cheek to my throat. “But so has done that sister of you for years.”

“She’s not a Hybrid like me.”

Haejin grabbed my neck when he free my wrists and I choked at his force. “I’m not stupid, darling. I’ve been watching her. She might have rewritten her profile and everything she could do so to apparent a normal citizen, but I’m smarter. Do you know why?” He shook me softly with a lust for blood eyes. “One of my predecessor told me once there were only a pair of Hybrid twins in Arbem. Only one pair. Females. And what do we have here? The oldest twin whose parents were killed when she was a teen. What a pity.”

I gasped and my voice came out weak. “Why do you know that?”

“Darling,” he smirked and played with his blade when my neck was set free.. And I completely froze. My heart bumped and my temperature decreased at his twisted reaction. “My blade can break through your crane if I dare too.”

That’s when I jumped at him, but Haejin pushed me back. He kick my stomach once again, my shoulders and arms.

Ace barks came louder and louder. Haejin took a gun and raised it at him.

“NO! DON’T YOU DARE!”

Haejin laughed. Ace was growling, not fearing him at all.

“Make them shut up. The snarls are giving me a headache.” He didn’t lowered the gun.

I called Ace softly. He cried softly too, but shut up. And so Bella did.

Haejin sighed. He looked annoyed and tired. It was almost impossible for me to guess what he was planning to do. His mood reactions were contradictory. He could be having fun with you, but the next second he could try to end you. Just like that.

“Why are you looking at me like that, hazel eyes?” He turned to me. I didn’t dare to move from the floor as the blade grated against the cold ground.

I didn’t even care anymore, about what eye color I had at this moment. “Why don’t you kill me now?”

“I’d love to, but like I say before,” Haejin smirked, his head turned to the right softly. “We have plans of using you as a bait and more.”

I gulped and bite my lower lip.

“I guess your friends will arrive at any second now that they are hearing us,” Haejin showed me my ear cuff. “We should prepare a welcoming gift, don’t you agree?”

“Go to hell,” I whispered between teeth.

Haejin shook his head in disapproval. “You are the first to ever raise her voice to me, hazel eyes. I wasn’t planning on doing something to you, but now that I think it twice,” he took the hem of my shirt and lifted my weight. “I can’t leave you untouched.”

He came closer and breathed against my cheek. He dared to pull me up, my hands grabbed his wrist in weakness and I heard him laugh. “Don’t touch her.” Anri. She was listening.

“There’s nothing you can do,” his grip was becoming stronger. Haejin my neck and bite my good ear. “To the girl who is listening, if you dare to raise your voice, I’ll torture the hazel eyes. So just sit and enjoy the show by listening.”

I was thrown against the walls. I moaned in deep pain when I was kicked and punched with such a vigor that I was left dumbfounded. The only thought that traveled my brains was to breathe properly.

When I heard loud voices calling for help, my right wrist was twisted and my body left to the ground.

“Those brats never shut up, don’t they?! I already had enough,” Haejin locked me inside the cell.

The children are innocent. Don’t touch them.

I never found my voice. My lips were dry and injured.

I had spited blood. My whole body was injured. And I bet something broke inside me, not bones. It wasn’t physical, it was a feeling. My drenched hair covered the side of my face. My sweat was mixing with the blood of my fresh wounds.

“Oh. And if you wonder about Mark, we already lock him up upstairs.”

Haejin turned the next corner and immediately I heard louder cries and begs. He shouted and things felt and broke. I could sense the tremendous fear and heavy breathings. I jumped in fear as a click sounded and the children’s voices stopped. My hands traveled to my mouth as tears filled me in as I tried not to imagine the scenario left across the cell. I tried not to choke with my own saliva because even breathing, speaking or moving ached me endlessly.

As soon as Ace felt Haejin left the lower lever, he howled.

My pants got dirt, my shirt was torn at the back, and I felt stings at the opened part of the cloth. I got a glimpse feeling of the cut there. My eyes turned to the worried wolf and Bella. “I’m fine,” I whispered, but Ace still cried, not loud.

I stumbled down when I used both my hands to stand up. My right wasn’t responding as I expect. I was sore and scraped. When I tried to make a fist, my nerves didn’t answer me the first seconds, then the pain filled me and I yelped.

My other hand pushed me up, I grunted and my back rested against the wall. The mix of adrenaline was pumping my heart, increasing my temperature and making me sweat even more. I ripped the end of my shirt. I lifted the left cloth and bite it. I bandaged my forehead to cover my ear wound using both of my hands. Every time I used the bad one, the dizziness and pain increased. I felt my hand shivered and I bite the wrinkled piece of cloth. Once I ended, I breathed in and out. In and out.

I let my body left again.

My whole felt heavy.

My eyelids blinked until they closed.

Last thing I recall, Ace barking at me to not fall asleep.

 

I opened my eyes to find Ace’s wet nose caressing my cheek. Bella was next to him.

“Eunbyul, I'm so glad you are fine.” Eunji helped me get up.

I didn't expect to see Rap Monster next to her.

My body wasn't heavy anymore. There was pain still, but bearable. My forehead had new bandages, as well as my waist area. I didn’t have any broken bones, just scratches and bruises Eunji had taken care of.

“Your hand,” Rap Monster said. “How bad it is?”

I lifted it, but my fingers didn’t move and I flinched when I tried to.

He took my wrist with care and analyzed it. “It’s worst than I expected it to be,” he sighed. I could see how angry he was, but he was hiding it. He was keeping it to himself.

“How?” I whispered.

With Eunji’s help, both bandaged it until I couldn’t move it anymore.

“Eunji had to told us the whole story,” he answered me.

“Hey, that boyfriend of yours is really something.” Eunji giggled. “He knew I wasn’t you as soon as he saw me.”

“Really?” I smiled stupidly.

Eunji nodded. “I had fooled your friends just by no talking when they were around, but when V appeared, he glared at me and questioned me who I was. Because of him, Anri and I had to explain the whole plan.”

She sighed with a sad smile. “We all heard what happened with Haejin. V couldn’t handle it as soon as he heard you cry and left the room. I had to explain him the whole thing. That Haejin couldn’t kill you because you are the bait for BTS. You were the extra and more important reason to lure them here.”

“And you all came,” I said.

“We have a plan running,” Rap Monster added. “Right now, we have to take the kids out and leave this place. Anri, Jungkook and Jimin are making time upstairs.”

Eunji nodded and helped me stand once, but she realized I was ok, she let me go. “Hunters have also appeared and I expect more coming. Chimeras have also appeared. J-Hope and Suga are taking care of them.” Eunji put me a new earring in my untouched ear to communicate with Mikki, who was giving detailed directions to all of us.

Jin was helping Mikki, both had stayed at Tear F.

I was kind of glad I haven’t heard Taehyung’s name. Yet I was told by Rap Monster, he was told to help Jin and Mikki, but he didn’t expect him to follow rules. He might be on his way here at this moment.

I was given a gun and new daggers. I couldn’t use a spear with only one hand, that’s why Eunji had it instead.

“Guys, I’ll unlock the children’s cells,” Mikki spoke as I heard her typing. “Make sure everyone leaves.”

“Roger!” Eunji said and she guided us.

Jogging, I followed them. Ace followed me and so did Bella. But because of me, we were slow. And because my hand burned, I pulled it to my chest and hold it near my elbow with my good hand. My eyes checked around, and I gasped at the already dried red trail at the ground.

It was just an innocent kid. I couldn’t bare the sight without dropping a tear.

My head lifted and I saw them hesitant and scared. I was about to call them, to tell them it was ok, but I saw his skinny complexion at the end of the cell, making his way to the front. He was the one who guided them out of the cell. All of them had dirty and shredded clothes. He still had the same tender eyes, but stronger. He had grew a bit taller too.

I dared to call his name, “Jul.”

He turned to me, completely aware of my voice. I saw him smile and ran to me. And I embraced him with my good hand. The first thing he asked was about my hand. I giggled as tears started filling my eyes.

“It’s fine. Don’t worry,” I reassured him, messing his dark hair. “I’m glad you are completely fine.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t protect the others,” he apologized and I shook my head.

“You did what you could. I’m proud of you,” I caressed his cheek.

Jul turned to Rap Monster, who was checking as fast as he could every single of the kids. Twelve of them, counting Jul. And it ached me when he told me few didn’t make it. They were famine and terrorised. They looked fragile. All because of the twisted plan The Slayers had.

“You never told us you had a sister,” Jul whispered. “She’s as pretty as you.”

I smiled. “What do you expect? We are twins.”

“And,” he breathed with a gentle gaze. “I’m glad you find where you truly belong.”

I blinked and realized it. “You knew?”

“We all did,” Jul admitted it. “Even we didn’t know the exact meaning of carrying the Kangren virus. Yet we didn’t care. You were like a mother to us. You aren’t a bad person as news portrayed Hybrids. You are kind,” Jul turned to Rap Monster and Eunji. “And so are they. You guys are trying to protect us. It’s our society who is wrong, not you.”

“Do you think so?” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter