I remember

the desperate story of my brothers

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NguIpRFLM4M

 

Day after day, week after week, month after month, your brothers never miss visit you a single day. Everday, Junsu always check your body, temperature and breathing like he's the doctor. Kyoungjae will changes the sunflower (your favourite flower) in your room everyday. Myungsoo always keep his eyes on you while Dongjun will help massage your hands, body and legs.

That night, it was Myungsoo turns to watch over you. He seat next beside you. 

"Are you still sleeping? When will you wake up? The house feel empty without you. Mom don't go to work anymore after you are admitted to hospital. Dad who will back home once in five months, now always visit you twice in a weeks."

He stared at your pale face and caressed your cheek. "I'm sorry, if we tell the truth, maybe this won't happen and you don't have to bear all this...Lee Minji." he took your hand and hold it. 

"That day, I went out with my friends. And then, she want to follow me but I refused. Of course she cried. Then, our workers burned the trashes near a small house at our backyard. Out of the blue, the fire got bigger and burn some of the plant, trees and the small house. No one knows she's in inside the small house. We couldn't save her, Kim Sara." Myungsoo looked down on the floor.

"Its all my fault, if I didn't yell at her that day.....maybe she won't die." he cried. "Then, you, Lee Minji come to our life. You fill the emptyness in our heart. You warm the coldness inside us. You bring happiness to us. You love us everyday without tired."

"You interfere my life but somehow, I like that, I like it very much. But  I can't lose you. So I keep a distance as a punishment for my mistake." he sobbed.

"So....can you wake up? I don't want to lose my sister for second times. Tell me what to do, what you want and what you need...I will get it gor you, just don't leave me...don't leave me, please. I can't bear this anymore." the night passes with cries of Myungsoo.

 

As the sun rise on the other day, a miracle happen. You started to give respond.

"Look! Sara's fingers moved!" Kyoungjae jolly. Everyone gathered around your bed. Your fingers started to move again. Then your hands, legs and body also do the same. Slowly, you opened your eyes. Blinked several times, moved your fingers and legs. 

"Sara? Are you awake? Can you hear me? Can you see me?" Junsu asked. You looked at your brothers one by one. 

"Good morning! Its me, Kyoungjae oppa!" Kyoungjae beamed happily as you passed his face.

"Take me to the street." only that sentences comes out from your mouth. "W-What?" Dongjun streaked. Then, they looked at each other.

 

As you wish, they bring you to the road where you were hit by trucks last time. You standed under the traffic light like the last time. You tried to cross the road but Junsu stopped you.

"Yahh, you want die? Its red!" Junsu mad.

"I almost die, thrice. First, by the truck. Second, by the gun. And last, from the accident. But I'm here. still alive." you replied. Junsu shocked at your answer. "And you know what, my brother died here. Right at where you stand." you looked at him.

 

Your family on the way back to home. Mr. Park (Nana's father who works as your family's driver) took off day today because he want to celebrates Nana's birthday.

"Dad, today is Nana unnie's birthday." you beamed. She is your bestfriend. Although she's poor, but you still friend with her. She's like a sister to you. When you get bullied she will save you. If you cried she will lend you a shoulder. She will laugh if you make some ridiculous joke. She's your unnie and you're her dongsaengs.

"Ouh, really? Tomorrow we will buy her present." your dad smiled.

"No need. I already give her the present."

"What you gave?" your brother asked.

"A necklace! We have same necklace. Hers are orange and mine are yellow. Look." you show them yours necklace.

"Its beautiful, Minji. My daughter have a good taste in fashion like her mother." your mother pinched your nose. You smiled proudly. You have some chit-chat with your family in the car. When your brother or your father makes a joke, you laughed at them. You really love their silly jokes. Then, a lorry came and hit your car. You didn't know that the driver is Nana's father. Although your father already avoided the lorry, but the lorry keep reached out for your car.

In less then three seconds, blood scattered here and there like a waterfalls. You've thrown out of the car. You awake from fainted. You look around. You saw your father and mother's hand stranded on the road. You try to call them, but your voice not coming out. You was too shocked, it was immeasurable and all you can do only is shed the tears.

With trembling steps, carefully you approach them. 

".......Minji-ah....mommy....love you. S-So much..." she said with jitter voice. "Don't cry honey. Mommy only going to sleep....for awhile..." she closed her eyes and never open it anymore.

*M-Mommy...mommy, wake up...* you cried. Then, you heard another trembling voice. 

"Minji...Minji....." your dad called on the side of the car. You go near to him. Slowly, he your cheek. "...my princess, you are so beautiful. Remember.....that you always be....my princess....always..." with that, his hand fell.

You cried hard. You kneeled there, regardless of blood staining on your clothes. *No...don't leave me...mommy...daddy...brother- my brother?*

All of sudden, you remember your brother. *Where is he?* You started looking for your brother like a beggar. But you don't care. *Please let him alive...please..please...*

Finally you found him a few metres away from you. "...O-Oppa~" finally your voice come out.

"..Minji..?" he opened his eyes. You scanned his body which full of blood and his face look very, very pale. Then, he groaned in pain.

"Does it hurt?" it was hard for you to accept the fact.

"No, just a little. But it will be fine if you smile. Can you do it for me?" you nodded and smile curved on your face. "Minji-ah, even there are many obstacles, but there is always rainbow after the heavy rains. I want you to remember that. Promise me that you will never forget it, promise?" you nodded while sobbing. 

"Good. You know, people said, if you died you will become a star. Mommy and daddy had become stars. Minji-ah, can you sing me a song?" you comply his ordered.

"....nehhh...t-twinkle twinkle... little star. H-How I w-wonder what you are...." you sang it while sobbing until finished. "Can you....repeat again?" 

You repeated it again for a several times. While you singing, "O-Oppa! What's wrong? Oppa?!" you shook his body. Unexpected, your brother's breath become suffocated.

"Oppa, hold for awhile. Ambulans will arrive soon. Just hold it!" you begged him. But he already hold for to long and he can't hold it anymore. "Minji-ah, I'll be always be there for you. I'll look for you from the sky". Then, the sounds of sirens could be heard. 

 

Reality hits you. "Sara-ah, let's go back to the hospital. Mom's looking for you-" Kyoungjae tried to consoled you but you cut him.

"My name is Minji. Lee Minji, right?" your eyes started to wet.

"I-I remember now." you looked at Junsu, Kyoungjae, Myungsoo and Dongjun. "I remember everything. The accident, my mother, my father and my brother...." at the last word, Junsu, Kyoungjae, Myungsoo and Dongjun flinched. Its like the're not your brothers anymore.

Maybe they afraid to tell you about their gangs or they are fighting when they're at the school but, this is what they afraid the most. When you are no longer their sister. 

Then, Myungsoo remembered Nana's words, "You know, 'Lies can cover everything but truth will never disappear no matter how much you hide it'. One day, she will find the truth, you understand me right?" *Is she means this?*

"I lost everything. I lost my father.....my mother and....my brother." you cried. 

 

You left your family about two weeks. Sometimes you slept in the alley. Sometimes you slept at the bus stop. You have nowhere to go. You decide to leave them since you're not their family anymore although its painful. And one day, you seat at the bus stop and starring to the stars. Out of the blue, a car come to a stop in front of you.

"H-Halmoeni?" you gasped as her butler opened the door for her.

"Sara-ah, what are you doing here?" granny asked you.

"I'm not Sara. My name is Minji." you looked down. Granny walked towards you. She seat beside you, "That's right. You're not Sara. You're Lee Minji." "Why are you here?"

"Minji, why you're leave them?" you looked away. "They crazily missed you. The house is hecticand empty."

"I'm don't have a family. I don't belong to them...." you confessed. "May be, they're are not your family biologically. But, they're the only family you have right now. If you left them, that's when you really have no family."

"What did they do wrongs? If you mad at them for not telling the truth, its not their fault. They did the best thing for you. They did it for you. They also never think of you as a replacement but thought you as who are you!" 

You still looked away. Granny sighed, "Family is not only about blood related, but its all about who love you and who you love. Ask your heart, who are inside your heart. There must be a little space for them deep inside there and you must figure it out. Minji-ah...they lost a precious one too, like you. You lost a family. But could you lost another family who really care for you? They never show their true side, because they don't want to hurt you, but the really love you. Give them a chance..." granny stands up and went inside the car. 

"They always waiting for you, you know that too. But don't be late!" granny's car speed off. You leaned back and sighed.

"....May be, they're are not your family biologically. But, they're the only family you have right now...." you remembered halmoeni's words. You closed your eyes.

"...Family is not only about blood related, but its all about who love you and who you love. Ask your heart, who are inside your heart. There must be a little space for them deep inside there and you must figure it out...."

You shook your head, "Ahh, don't disturbed me!" you screamed. ".....Give them a chance...Give them a chance...Give them a chance..." halmoeni words keep repeated on your head.

 

-------------------

its a long chappie. sorry for the long chapter ;)