Chapter 19

At Midnight

Back to Present:

"Luhan! What are you doing!" Suho asked worriedly.

"Put that gun down!" Kris said angrily.

Tao slowly walks towards Luhan but he was stopped by Chanyeol. Tao looks at him confusingly, but Chanyeol slowly approaches Luhan until it's only a few steps between them.

"Luhan, we can talk this out," Chanyeol speaks in a calm manner.

"What is there to talk about? I betrayed you all! My life is over!" Luhan yelled and pressed hard the gun on his temple.

The guys are panicking and don't know how to stop this situation. But one thing that made them wondered is what was Luhan talking about. They looked at Luhan and Chanyeol, but all they see is a staring contest.

"You did not choose this. Luhan, don't do this. We all care for you. So, pleas-"

"They killed my mother!! How can I live when my life is already a mess!"

All of them are surprised by Luhan's outburst.

"W-what do you mean Luhan?" Xiumin asked.

"Luhan!!"

Suddenly, Xian appeared and run towards Luhan, but he steps back.

"Don't!" Luhan yelled.

"I'm really sorry Luhan! Please, drop the gun and talk to me. I am so sorry that I lied. It's my fault. So please..." Xian begged and kneeled in front of Luhan.

"We don't know what you are talking about, but we can solve it.." Chen said.

Luhan smiled at Chen and speaks. "No. My body is already full of guilt, and I will not be able to live in peace after of all I did. I am a coward and weak. I can't even protect what mines. My mother who I just met, died even before we can live in peace. I was not able to protect her."

"I'm sorry if I betrayed you all..." Luhan said and touch the trigger of the gun.

"Luhan!! Stop! We forgive you, alright! Everything are alright now. We won the battle! They won't be able to come to you again!" Suho said as he slowly approaches Luhan.

"Luh--" the sound of the gunshot was heard.

It felt like time has stopped. The guys were all stunned, surprise and can't process yet what just had happened. Chanyeol immediately runs towards Luhan and kneeled beside him.

"Luhan!"

"I-I'm s-sorry" Luhan closed his eyes.

"NO! NO! Luhan! Open your eyes!" Chanyeol cried.

Everyone surrounds them and the guys cried. Dara slowly walks towards them but, suddenly fell down. Tao who happened to turn his head saw her.

"Dara!" Tao yelled, and rushed towards her. Chanyeol heard Tao's voice and turned his head to the back. He could see Tao and Lay rushed run to Dara.

Chanyeol can't process what happened and looks confused. He looks like he about loses it at any moment. He then recalled what Luhan told him after their confrontation.

Flashback

"W-wait"

Chanyeol and Dara stop walking and look back at Luhan. They saw Luhan still laying on the floor.

"Chanyeol, can you do me a favor?" Luhan said and stared at Chanyeol.

"What is it?"

"If I ever die, you will see a piece of paper in my pocket. Read it."

"Why don't you give it to me now?"

"Then, there will be no thrill..." Luhan and said smirked.

End of Flashback

Chanyeol hurriedly searches Luhan's pockets until he touches a paper. He slowly pulls it out of Luhan's pocket. He read it and his eyes widened. The paper contains the secret formula on how to create a cure. He stared at it until he notices a name written at the bottom of the paper.

Created By: Song Ji Hyo

"What's that?" Chanyeol looks on his side and saw Baekhyun staring at the paper.

"It's the cure..." Chanyeol said in a low voice.

"What?" Baekhyun asked as he did not hear it clearly.

Chanyeol stood up and run towards Dara.

"Dara!" He saw Lay and Tao trying to talk to Dara to not close her eyes. Chanyeol slowly kneeled down and put his hand to Dara's face.

"Dara, can you hear me?" Chanyeol ask.

Dara just stared at him and slowly nodded.

"Dara! Please don't close your eyes, alright? I will bring you to the hospital." Chanyeol said and was about to carry her when he was stopped by Dara's hand.

"N-no. I-I won't make it. U-use m-my b-blood t-to c-create the c-cure--"

"NO! I won't!"

"P-Please. P-Promise m-me--" Dara lose consciousness.

Chanyeol starts crying and the boys comfort him and help to bring Dara to the hospital.

-

Chanyeol watches Dara as she hasn't wake up yet. It's been a week and Dara is still in critical condition. The doctors told Chanyeol that Dara might not wake up, but Chanyeol did not believe them.

"Chanyeol" He looks up and saw Suho standing near Dara's bed.

"About the cure..." Suho stops talking and studied Chanyeol expression.

"What? Why did you stop?" Chanyeol asks. Suho sighed deeply and continue talking.

"They said, blood drops isn't enough. Her whole body is full of antibodies..."

"So, what are you trying to say?"

"The doctors said that she might not wake up anymore. So, why don't you listen to Dara's last request?" Chanyeol and Suho look at the door and saw Chanyeol's dad.

"Mr. Park" Suho bowed but Chanyeol looks away.

"Chanyeol.."

"No! Are you telling me to give up on her? I won't!" Chanyeol yelled.

"But, Chanyeol-"

"She will wake up! I will find another solution!"

"Song Ji Hyo found the perfect solution! For years, we keep searching and making a medicine for you to turn back into a human, but we always failed! If it not for what Luhan gave you, we will not find out that Dara is the missing piece!"

"I don't care if I will remain like this forever! I can't lose her..." Chanyeol starts crying.

"Chanyeol! She will not wake up. The syringe that was injected into her by Dongwoo and Nam Family. It was to make her antibodies to disappeared. She was already getting weak and slowly dying! Stop making her suffer anymore!" Mr. Park outburst.

"And If let that happen, what will happen to her?" Chanyeol asked and glared to his dad.

"She will be the last piece that will complete your cure," Suho said. Chanyeol looks at him in disbelief.

Suddenly, the machine on Dara starts beeping.

"W-what's going on?" Suho asked confusingly. Chanyeol looks at Dara and then to the machine.

The door burst open and the doctors run towards Dara and check her.

Chanyeol watches the doctors trying to save Dara. Suho holds Chanyeol as he starts screaming.

"DARA!!"

---------