Chapter 17

At Midnight

Part Two:

Xian made sure that Minseo and Luhan will never find out the truth as they even moved into a new house a week after Minseo and Luhan returned from the hospital. He never heard of Song Ji Hyo again after they left the hospital which made Xian relieved. To make sure that the secret will never be revealed, he donated a large sum of money to the hospital. His wife questioned him about it, but he said that the donation is just a simple ‘thank you gift’ for taking care of Minseo and the baby.

In the beginning, he feels slightly guilty whenever he sees his wife with the baby, but as times goes by, he tried to forget it by making himself believe that Luhan is their baby. As Luhan grows up, he never really been outside except when they have to attend important occasions. Xian insisted that he will be home-schooled to avoid any problem. At first, Minseo disagreed but she decided that it was the best for Luhan to stay at home and never come outside.

Xian planned Luhan to be homeschooled until high school but a serious problem has occurred. A family friend of them, the Nam Family caused a huge problem that shaken not only Xian and Minseo but all their family friends in their clan. Due to worry that something may happen to their son, the couple decided to let Luhan live into a new house together with their friends’ children. At first, it was a hard decision for the couple especially for Xian because he is worried that Ji Hyo may appear suddenly but he reassures himself that it will never happen.

“Dad, can I ask you a question?”

Xian looks up and sees an 11-year-old Luhan holding a robot toy. He closes the book that he was reading and made a gestured with his hand for Luhan to sit on a chair beside him.

“What is it?”

“Is it true that I will live into a new house?”

“Yes. You will live with your new friends”

“New Friends? Yes! I can now have friends!”

Xian watches Luhan as he jumps happily.

“Nothing bad will happen, right?” Xian pondered.

15 years later

Luhan’s POV:

With grocery bags in my hands, I walk towards the house but halted when I saw a woman standing in front of our house. I was about to approach and ask her when she puts something into the mailbox. I immediately hid when I saw her walks away. I waited for a few minutes before deciding to walk back home.

I opened the mailbox and saw a folder. I opened it and sees a document with a picture of a woman. I read the document and found out that it’s an information about the lady in the picture.

Name: Sandara Park

Why did that woman put this folder here? I better ask the boys about this.

I turned to my side to enter the house when I saw the woman standing beside me. I accidentally step back due to shock.

“W-Who are you?”

“You saw me earlier didn’t you?”

“H-how did you know?”

Instead of an answer, she gave me a smile.

“You grew up very well.”

“Do you know me?” I asked confusingly.

“The woman in the picture is your new housemate. She will arrive tomorrow.” The woman said and was about to leave when I walks in front of her.

“Wait. Who are you?” I asked, but the woman looks away then walks past me. I look at her before entering the house.

“What took you so long?” Baekhyun whined as he approaches me. He then noticed the folder on my hand.

“Oh! What’s that folder you are holding?”

“Where’s Suho? I have something to ask him,” Baekhyun looks confused for a second but pointed me the direction to where is Suho.

I left Baekhyun with the grocery bags and went to Suho.

2 days later

The woman was right. The lady in the picture came yesterday. She told us to call her Dara. She looks pure but it doesn’t mean that I will trust her. We are still perplexed on why did we suddenly got a new housemate as no one mentioned this to us before. The boys asked me how I found the documents about Dara, and I told them that I saw in the mailbox without telling about the woman. I don’t know why I did not tell them about the woman who put the documents, but I just felt that I am not supposed to tell them about her.

I look up to the sky and saw clouds. Ever since I met the woman, I keep thinking about her. I never have seen her before, and I can’t recall a time when did I saw her, I am sure that I never saw that woman with my parents nor in any event. As I walk away from the house, I saw a woman standing not far away from me. I stared at the figure for a while and my eyes widened to what I saw. That’s the woman I saw from the other day.

End of POV

Luhan walks towards the woman and asked, “Who really are you?”

“Follow me,” she said.

“Why would I follow you when I don’t even know you?”

“I will tell you everything. I mean no harm, so don’t worry,” she said and walks. Luhan followed her from behind until they reach a small house not too far from the area.

When they entered the house, she gestured her hand for him to sit in the chair, then she left the room, leaving Luhan to look at the surrounding. She came back after a few minutes carrying 2 drinking cups. She seated across him and offer the drink. Luhan slightly bowed and drank the orange juice.

“You might be very curious of me, right?” She asked but Luhan remained silent.

“That girl, she only wished to live in a cheap apartment and to live a peaceful life. But I had no choice but to put let her in your house.”

Luhan looks at her confusingly.

The girl smiled and continues to talk. “That girl will be a huge part to you and to the boys' lives, especially to a particular person.”

She then chuckled.

“Now, to answer your curiosity. My name is Song Ji Hyo. That name may look unfamiliar to you, but my whole existence is what makes you live. Due to some circumstances, it took a long time for me to show up myself to you. But what matters now, is for you to know what your family has been keeping a secret from you. Due to your perfect family, you probably live your life very comfortable. So I bet you don’t know and unaware about who really are you.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“Luhan. At first, I did not like that name that was given to you. But as times goes by, that name grew on me. When I’m alone, I always call your name and I was hoping for you to answer me back.” She smiled sadly.

“Just get on the point!” Luhan raised his voice.

“They are not your real parents, Luhan. I am your real mother. It might be hard to believe at first. But that’s the truth! Your dad is still your dad, but your mother is me not her. I was your dad’s secretary but we had an affair after they got married. Why? Because no matter how many times they tried, the lady can’t get pregnant and your dad was being pressured by everyone on how he still not have an heir. I loved your father but he treated me like a garbage. Their child died after getting born but you, my baby became his hope. He switched the babies so that it will look like my child died while their child didn’t. You father did everything so no one will know about it, but he didn’t know my capability.”

“D-do you think I will believe you? Ha! I don’t know who are you, but you have no right to say that to me! I don’t know what you are planning but you will ne--”

She placed a picture into the table.

It’s a picture of Song Ji Hyo and Luhan’s dad. Luhan stared at it for a few minutes before looking at her again.

“If you still don’t want to believe it. Take this picture and ask your dad. I am also willing to do DNA test if you want. I-”

Luhan took the picture from the table and went out. Song Ji Hyo stood up and called him but he’s already gone.

-

Luhan slammed the door opened of his dad’s office. Xian got surprised by the sudden sound and look up to see Luhan glaring at him.

“What’s wrong Luhan?”

Luhan did not respond but walk towards his father and slammed the picture on the table. Xian’s eyes widened and stared at Luhan in surprise.

“W-where did you get this picture?”

Luhan scoffed. “So, you know her? Do you know what she told me? She said that she’s my mother. I almost laugh at her joke! But, that isn’t true right?”

“L-luhan. Can you calm down?”

“Is it true or not?”

“I was wrong! I made a mistake! It’s just that, I don’t want Minseo to know that our child died! I had no choice! It’s also for you. Think about it, If I did not take you from her, you won’t be able to live comfortably like now!”

Xian was taken back when Luhan laughs uncontrollably.

“I can’t believe this! Do you know that I did not actually believe her when she told me that? Even though she showed me this picture, I thought it was just a simple photo. I went here just to ask you who’s this lady at this picture, but you just confirmed everything.”

“L-Luhan. Please, listen to me. All I want is the best for yo--”

“All you want is the best for you!! Not mine. You lied to me! You lied to my mo--- No. She’s not my mom. You lied to your wife!”

“Luhan, my son. Ple--”

“Don’t call me your son! Because you are not worthy to be called father!”

Luhan left the room leaving the picture on the table while Xian calls for Luhan desperately.

-

Luhan walked out of the mansion and saw Song Ji Hyo standing in front of the gate. He looks at her for a second before walking passed by her.

He could hear her footsteps getting closer, so he stops and turns around. Ji Hyo is standing right in front of her while catching her breath.

“What do you want?” Luhan hissed.

“I just want to check on you.” Song Ji Hyo said desperately but Luhan walks away from her.

“Please, Luhan! I just want to be your mother! I waited for many years just to see and talk to you! I know it’s hard for you to accept the truth. But please, let me take care of you.” Jo Hyo cried and kneeled down.

Luhan stops walking and took a deep breath before walking towards her. He kneeled down and wipes her tears. He then, helps her to stand up and Ji Hyo suddenly hugged him back so tightly. Luhan looks stunned for a minute before slowly hugging her back.

-----------------

Sorry for errors

Next Chapter is the last part of Luhan's story.

Please don't forget to upvote, subscribe, and comment! 

THANK YOU!!