Chapter 12

At Midnight

Next Day

Yesterday was crazy. I did not sleep for the whole night as I keep thinking about what happened yesterday. I stared at the wall of my bedroom reminiscing about what happened yesterday. I still can't believe their story. Monster? Experiment? That's unbelievable! Who will believe them?! Those kind of fairy tale stories are just for kids! Even NASA can't prove aliens, but this family can prove a monster?! I don't even know if I can believe them! Maybe this is just a dream. No. This is just a nightmare.

I stop thinking when I heard a knock on my door. Should I open it? Should I let them in? Maybe I should, because I locked myself in this room since yesterday. I sighed and slowly opened the door and saw Kyungsoo.

"Dara"

"W-What do you want?" I said avoiding my gaze to him.

"I-I'm just wondering if you are hungry. I am just wondering if you want to join us for breakfast."

"No. I am not hungry." I said still not looking at him. I heard him sighing.

"Alright then," He said and closed the door.

I waited for a few hours before I left my room. I tiptoe as I walked, hoping for them not to notice that I am leaving the mansion to go to my work. As soon as I closed the door, someone spoke.

"Where do you think you are going?" I flinched and look in front of me.

"Luhan"

"I asked you, where are you going?" This time, he seems irritated. 

"I-I am going to work," I said while not looking at him.

"Do you think we will allow you?" He sneers

"I just want to get out of this house"

"And why?"

"Luhan, I know you are still doubting me, but please, believe me, I don't know anyone from Nam family and to be honest, I'm still shocked, and I am feeling scared now! I don't why is this happening to me? and why Song Jihyo did this to me."

"Then leave and don't ever come back here again!"

"If I could just turn the time back, and if I'm rich like you, I would not accept Ji Hyo's offer! I should not move to this city if I know that this would only bring me bad luck!!"

"So now you are blaming us for your decision? Then go back to where you came from!"

"Luhan!!" I turned around and saw the rest of the boys.

"Why are you yelling at each other?" Kris said as he stands between me and Luhan.

"This girl is blaming us for what happened to her!" 

"That's not what I meant!" This guy is really getting into my nerves! 

"Wow! Just earlier, you are blaming us for your bad luck and now you're saying that's not what you mean? Then what do you want to tell me?"

"Luhan stop!" Kris said

"She's really ungrateful! After Chanyeol saved her from those people, she has the nerve to blame us!" Luhan said and was about to walk to me when Xiumin held him back.

"I said that's not I meant!! I--"

"STOP!!" I covered my ears when Chanyeol yelled loudly.

"Dara go back to the house," Chanyeol said while staring intensely to Luhan

"Bu-"

"Suho already called your manager and said that you will quit! So go back to the house!" Chanyeol said angrily.

"WHAT!! Why--" before I could finish my sentence Chanyeol dragged me inside the house

"Yah! Let me go!" I said as he keeps dragging me towards my room. Chanyeol slammed my body into the wall inside my room and he put his hands on the wall for preventing me from escaping.

"What the hell are you doing?" I said but Chanyeol did not answer my question, but instead, he looks at me intensely. We had a staring contest for who knows for how long.

"Why are you becoming so stubborn?" Chanyeol asked, still piercing his eyes to me.

"I'm not--"

"If you go outside one more time, I will lock you here." 

"What's wrong if I go outside? Why are you treating me like a prisoner?"

"Because we have to protect you from the Nam family!"

"Alright. but please allow me to go to my work."

"As I said earlier, you can't."

"Then how can I --"

"If you need money, Just tell me! I will give you anything!!" 

I let out a chuckle and said, "You will give me anything huh? Then give me my freedom!"

"Dara y--"

"You know what? Let's stop. This conversation will go nowhere. I want to rest now." 

"You need to eat"

"I-I'm not hungry," I said coldly.

"You did not eat breakfast." He said as he held my wrist and went outside. We walked towards the dining room and saw the rest of the boys eating.

"It's a good thing that you joined us for lunch Dara," Kyungsoo said and smiled at me.

After we ate, we gather in the living room for a meeting. 

"Dara I'm sorry if we called your manager without your consent," Suho said apologetically.

"Suho did that for your own safety Dara, they already attacked you once, so we can't risk in getting you to work. I hope you can understand us, Dara," Xiumin said.

"You know what. I realized that you are all right. I'm sorry if I became stubborn. It's just too much to handle all of this." I said and bowed my head.

"No need to apologize, Dara. You are still probably shocked by everything. But don't worry, we will protect you," Suho said.

"Thank You,"

After a week

A week had passed, and I am slowly getting comfortable with the boys again, except for Luhan. We are still awkward with each other, and whenever I tried to talk to him, he will avoid me. Since I don't work anymore, I helped the boys in house chores, I usually helped Kyungsoo in cooking, but I mostly do the cleaning. Sometimes I watched the boys on their training which they called "Getting ready for the war." Tao taught me some basic movements that can help me in case of an emergency.

"All right boys, rest for a while. I prepared an orange juice and some sandwiches." I said as I placed the tray on the table. 

"Thank You, Dara," the boys said.

"Don't train too much alright?" I said 

"Where are you going?" Chen asked me.

"I need to clean the garden," I said and left the room.

As I am cleaning the garden, I can feel that someone is watching me but whenever I will look around I see no one. I continue watering the flowers when someone suddenly jumped in front of me. 

"W-who are you?"

"It's nice to see you, Dara," the stranger said.

"I said who are you?" 

"They are not doing a good job in protecting you aren't they?" the stranger said and walk towards me. I was about to yell for help when Chanyeol and the rest of the boys came in behind me.

"Don't you dare touch her," Chanyeol said and the stranger just chuckled.

"Leave before I kill you," Chanyeol added.

Suddenly the stranger advanced towards me and held me as I could feel a pointy object on my neck.

"Kill me, and you will never see her again," The stranger said. I could feel the pointy object touching my neck. In a blink of an eye, I saw men surrounding us.

"Let's get this party started," the stranger smirked and I saw Chanyeol and the boys fighting the men that surround us.

The stranger suddenly laughs out loud, distracting all of them. I felt a stinging sensation against my neck and then I saw a syringe dropping on the floor. My whole body trembled, and before I knew it, I fell down. My eyelids felt heavy and I felt very weak. Before losing consciousness, I turned my head in front of me and saw Chanyeol running towards me while yelling.

"Daraaa!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back! XD

Please: Subscribe and Upvote