Chapter 16

At Midnight

PART 1:

Classical music is being heard at the party. People dress in formal dresses and suits screaming the luxurious brands of it. Groups of businessmen talking in different tables discussing their futures and couples who are dancing slowly at the center. A little later, a man wearing a black suit came on the stage and signaled the musicians to stop what they're playing.

“Good Evening Everyone! We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who are here to celebrate my wife and I’s 1st wedding anniversary. This day is really very special for us because finally, my wife is pregnant with our first child!” The man said and the guests clap their hands.

“Also, this is not only a party for our celebration but this is also a party for all of us who made the ‘Xi Corporation’ to become successful in the world! So, let this night forget our worries!” The man said and raised his wine glass.

“Everyone, let’s enjoy the party tonight!” The man said and raised his glass. He walks down the stage and approaches every guest with exchanging greetings and shaking hands. He then approaches a lady in a white dress.

“You look stunning tonight sweetheart!” The man compliments his wife.

“Thank You.” His wife said.

“But, why you did not wear my diamond necklace gift?”

“It does not suit my dress, Xian.”

“Minseo my sweetheart, even if you wear nothing, you still look beautiful” Xian earned a glare from Minseo but he just laughs. Minseo was about to speak but a man approaches them.

“Congratulations, Xian and Minseo!” The man said and hugs Xian.

“Thank You, Chanwoo,” Minseo said and smiles.

“I will leave you two for a while then,” Minseo said and leaves.

“How’s Minseo doing? I heard that she has a sensitive pregnancy?”

“Yeah. We were told that her pregnancy is very dangerous. That’s why we are very cautious. It’s still in the early stage that’s why I’m worried that something might happen.” Xian said worriedly and glances at Minseo who are talking with other visitors.

He then, notice a woman standing not far from his wife. He stared at the woman, and his eyes widened when he realized who’s the woman is. He hurriedly left Chanwoo, and walk fast towards the woman. He quickly pulled the woman’s wrist and drag her outside the venue. He walks quickly while gripping the woman’s wrist. Finally, he let go of her wrist and forcibly face him.

“What are you doing here?! And how did you get in?!!” Xian said angrily

“ I am not here to cause trouble! All I want is to talk to you!”

“There’s nothing to talk about! Don’t you ever come back again or else..” Xian did not continue and just glared at the woman.

“Or else what? You will kill me?” The woman sneered.

“Shut up! What do you want?”

“I don’t need anything. All I want you to know is I am pregnant with your child!”

Xian was not able to react and surprise by what the woman just told him.

“W-what are you talking about?”

“Don’t you remember what happened to us? Stop pretending that we n---”

“SHUT UP! Stop talking nonsense! Song Ji Hyo, If you ever show yourself to me or even to my wife, You will regret it!” Xian said walk passed the woman.

“Are you just going to abandon me and your child?!”

“We don’t have a child! I know I made a mistake of having an affair with you, but that’s in the past now, and I want to change now!” Xian yelled.

“Change? You are the one who wants this affair just because you thought you will never have a child with your wife! But now, that you will abandon me just because she’s now pregnant? What about my child?” Song Ji Hyo said while crying.

“How can you prove to me that is my child? Who knows how many men yo--”

Song Ji Hyo slaps Xian.

“How dare you?! All I want is you to take responsibility and be a father! That’s all I want. But I guess, you can give me that, so I will accept the truth. Be happy with your life and I won’t bother you anymore! If that’s what you want…” Song Ji Hyo gave one last look to Xian before walking passed him.

After 9 months

Xian is pacing back and forth in front of the delivery room. He recalls when he received a phone call in a middle of a meeting, that Minseo was brought to the hospital. He immediately rose from his seat and canceled the meeting leaving his secretary and the directors dumbfoundedly.

The door opens revealing a doctor walking towards him. Xian became nervous when he saw the doctor’s expression.

“Doctor, what happened to my wife? Did she gave birth already?!” Xian said anxiously.

“ I am very sorry but your baby died during birth”

Xian felt like he was shot on his heart.

“W-what?”

The doctor let out a heavy sigh and look at Xian who seems shocked

“The baby died due to complication. Your wife is still unconscious but will wake up soon. I am so sorry again Mr. Xian” the doctor said and left. Xian sat down and put his hand on his face.

“W-why?” He cried. He doesn’t know how long he stayed on his spot when he his phone rang. He ignored it but it rang again for the second time. He slowly grabs his phone from his pocket and looks on the screen.

“Song Ji Hyo”

He is not in the mood to answer her call so he did not answer it. He placed his phone beside him and stared on the wall. The phone rang again so he decided to pick up the call and plan to yell at the caller.

“I AM NOT IN THE MOOD TO TALK TO YO--”

“I-I am on a labour Xian…” He heard Ji Hyo struggling to speak. Xian’s eyes widened.

“W-what?” He said in a whispered voice.

“P-Please just this once, I-I am about to give birth”

Xian stands up and looks on his surrounding before

“Where are you?”

“Seoul Hospital”

Xian can’t believe it that Ji Hyo is in the same hospital. He ends the call and went to where she is.

30 hours Later

Minseo slowly opens her eyes. She wonders her eyes and did not see anyone even his husband. She carefully moves her body and sits up on her bed. Right then, the door opens revealing his husband.

“Oh! Thank goodness, You’re awake now. I’m so worried about you” Xian said while approaching her wife.

“How long am I asleep?”

“You’re asleep for a day. The doctor said it’s because due to your body still recovering from the surgery.” Xian sits on a chair beside Minseo’s bed.

“Wait. Where’s our child? I want to see the baby” Minseo notice his husband change his expression for a bit, but she shrugged it off when she saw his smiles. The door opens revealing a nurse carrying a baby. The nurse approaches the couple gave the baby the Minseo. When she saw the baby she held back her tears and looks at his husband.

“He’s so pretty. He just looks like you Xian.”

“Yeah. Thank you for giving birth to this amazing boy. I promise I will protect you both.” Xian said and looks at the sleeping baby.

Flashback

After Song Ji Hyo gave birth, Xian and the doctor can be seen talking in the doctor’s office.

“...make sure that no one will know about this” Xian said and stared at the doctor

“I can guarantee you that all the employees who were on the delivery room with Ms. Song Ji Hyo and Ms. Minseo will keep this a secret until they die.”

“Even Minseo and Ji Hyo can’t know that Minseo’s baby died and Ji Hyo’s son will replace that baby. And make sure that everything will be settled before Minseo and Ji Hyo woke up.”

“I can reassure you that Mr. Xian.” the doctor said.

Xian left the office and went to the nursery room. He saw the nurse changing the label written on Ji Hyo’s son crib. The nurse removed the paper SONG JI HYO’s son to XI MINSEO’s son

‘I’m sorry for doing this but I can’t tell Minseo that our baby died, that’s why I have no choice but to make Ji Hyo believe that her baby died. I promise to protect and give everything to our son Ji Hyo. I am doing this not only for me and Minseo but also for you and the baby.’

End of Flashback

“What do you want to name him Minseo?” Xian asks his wife.

“I’m thinking of naming him, Luhan. What do you think of that Xian?”

“Luhan. That’s a great name Minseo. Your name now is Luhan alright?” Xian said and look at the baby.

--------------------------------------

(I don’t know what they do at the hospital especially in the delivery & nursery room, but please pretend that happened, so that you can know what is going on in the story)

Part two is next!

Please Upvote, Subscribe, & Comment!!

Thank You! And sorry for errors T_T