Concerns

Dream Turned Into Reality

Jongin's POV

What should i do? I at this oh my god. When was the last time i actually had a crush on a girl? Yes, i learned from Minseok hyung that i have a crush on the girl. But when was the last time i even talked to a girl?!

Well, i did talk to Seulgi last week. But that's different. I promise there's nothing going on between us. Fans are always trying to pair us together but really, we're just close friends.

Should i hug her? My instincts tell me to do it, but we're not even that close yet!! If i wasn't so shy around her then maybe we could have been close sooner.

I scratched the back of my head as i saw a tear escape her eyes. I was well aware that she was trying her best to hold it in from earlier. 

I was still holding onto her hands—the unknown feeling it gave me was so amazing. I pulled her towards me to the point that only an inch of gap was left between us.

I cupped her face and bend to meet her eyes. "Hey, h-he's going to be alright. He's a strong person right? He'll be okay." I wiped the tears off her cheeks. I barely knew her dad, but what was i supposed to say? 

Yet everyone calls me perfect.

She nodded and stepped back, away from me. I guess she was astounded by my actions. I mean, i would be too if some girl suddenly did that to me. I should've thought about it first. She chuckled softly. She wiped her eyes with the back of her hands. 

"Sorry." she apologized and i don't see why she had to. 

I placed my hands on her head and ruffled her hair lightly. At least that wouldn't make her think strangely of me right? "Cheer up, okay? Don't worry about it. My mum had a heart attack a year ago and she's still nagging at me to fold my clothes every once in a while.." I joked, but it was the truth. Mum hasn't stopped being nosy especially after the little heart malfunction. It made me wonder what was in the medicine. I love her. 

Hyejung heaved a sigh. She's so little and i don't get why she would want to carry such a huge weight by herself. She could just tell me about it easily. I wouldn't judge her in any way. "And hey, if you ever need to talk to someone, i'm here." I pinched her cheeks. Why the hell did i do that? I don't know either.

This girl crush thing hasn't really been emphasizing EXO Kai's image. All because of one girl. Aigooo Kim Jongin..

She smiled at me and her eyes followed, curving into a crescent and i must say, i felt better instantly. Her tears felt like acid on my fingers and it weakens me to see her sad. 

"Thank you Jongin. I really hope he's alright.. It's just upsetting that i can't go back..." 

I don't want you to go though. 

"He will be fine, Hyejung.. You trust me right?" 

She nodded slightly. 

"We should go.. You'll be leaving for Japan tomorrow right?" Hyejung asked and i thought i saw the sign of concern in her eyes. 

I shrugged, "Yeap. For 2 weeks.." I puffed up my cheeks. "It's going to be crazy." I laughed, combing back my hair with my fingers. 

"Take care Jongin. Bring back some souvenirs for me!" she said, laughing like she hadn't been tearing up before. God, it sounded so beautiful like music to my ears. 

"I definitely will!" I told her and then silence surrounded us for a good 30 seconds. I never thought 30 seconds could feel like 30 years.

She cracked into another smile and i swear, my heart was acting up. "Good night Jongin. And thank you.. Really.." she waved with a smile and turned. 

I didn't know what got into me but i pulled her by the elbow that she bumped into my chest. I slowly wrapped my arms around her and inhaled the scent of her hair. So sweet and so soft. 

"I'll see you in two weeks." 

Hyejung's POV

EXO's main dancer just hugged me? EXO's visual just hugged me? Kim Jongin.. hugged.. me..

I was trying so hard to sleep but someone tell me, would you be able to sleep after getting a hug from your favorite idol? How could I possibly sleep after The Kim Jongin hugged me. 

Just sleep Hyejung. It's time to go to Lalaland. It was just a hug. He did it out of sympathy, he did it because you were crying like a baby. Yeah, that's why.

You can't expect much from someone as famous as him. No no. It's just a hug, a friendly hug. Yeap, no strings attached. 

I sighed. Of course i wished for him to like me but that's too much to ask for. He's an idol, i'm just a fan, an ordinary girl who stays at home, watching her favorite k-pop group while eating her favorite nachos in bed —and also, has no talent at all. 

He probably already has a girlfriend, if not, a date. It's impossible for EXO's Kai to not have a lover right? She's obviously someone famous too. 

And please, who doesn't want Jongin? Only the most insane female wouldn't! 

Okay, that's enough. Jongin is taking up too much space in my mind right now. I need to sleep. And hopefully when i wake up tomorrow, Mrs Lee's gonna call me and tell me that appa's health is back on track again.

Appa may not have time for me and he may have been spending more time at work than he does with me, but that doesn't make me care less about him. Why kind of daughter would i be? I wouldn't be in this world if it wasn't for him. 

Author's POV

Like what Hyejung hoped for, Mrs Lee called her the first thing she woke up in the morning—which was completely coincidental. Perfect timing, always.

Hyejung has been worried for pretty much nothing. Mrs Lee told her that her dad was fortunately back to his normal state, he was laughing and smiling again like his heart hasn't been causing hurt to him. She was more than relieved of course.

Being miles away from her family is definitely hard to get used to. Especially when you don't know what's going on at the other side. But hearing that her dad's condition was stable and he'd go home that afternoon—Canada time—she couldn't be more than happy.

Plus, what happened between her and Jongin last night was still fresh in her mind. Her morning was definitely kicking off to a good start, making her motivated to do more that day. 

It was 7 in the morning. "Are they gone yet?" Hyejung asked no one in particular as she thought of EXO.

She went out of her bed and showered. The morning was still cold and breezy but she thought a mini concert in the bathroom wouldn't be too bad.

After showering—includes singing to EXO's christmas album—she changed into a blue long sleeved shirt tucked into her black skirt. 

After getting ready, she headed out her room and greeted Mrs Seo. "Good morning umma!!!" she shouted out loud across the living room. She saw no one but she surely heard voices somewhere. 

 She approached the voices, at the entrance and her heart skipped a beat. Oh no, it's him. 

"Jongin?" she mentioned first even though Mrs Seo was closer to her. 

"Good morning Hyejung.." he smiled brightly which she returned with a shy smile.

"He's leaving soon.." Mrs Seo told her. 

Not leaving her eyes from Jongin, she said, "I know..", a little too sadly.

"Alright, i've said my farewells and i better cook this lady her breakfast." Mrs Seo chuckled before cupping Jongin's face. 

 "Take care okay! Make sure to eat every time you can, all this dancing's making you thin.." she pinched his cheeks. Hyejung let out a laugh. 

"I'll see you in two weeks darling.." she kissed Jongin's forehead, like how she always wanted to when sending off her own child. But there was no child because god had better plans for her.

Jongin hugged her and said, "You take care too Mrs Seo.." he sneaked a glance at Hyejung and whispered into Mrs Seo's ear, "Take care of this pretty lady for me too." 

Mrs Seo pulled away and grinned at Hyejung. She blinked innocently and shifted her eyes from Mrs Seo to Jongin. "Oh i will." she winked before heading to the kitchen. 

When Mrs Seo left the two of them to talk, Hyejung's smile grew bigger as Jongin gave her a similar smile.

"My dad's doing great at the hospital!" Hyejung exclaimed as soon as Mrs Seo left.

"I told you he'd be.." Jongin smiled.

"Yeah.. Thank you, for comforting me last night.." she gave him a big smile to show how grateful she was to him. If it wasn't for him, she would be spending the night overthinking about her dearest dad.

A smile remains on his face, watching the girl shyly thanking him. He nodded his head and patted her head. "Do me a favour." he said. 

She blinked her eyes and tilted her head to the side. The skin around his eyes crinkles as his smile grew wider. "Talk to me whenever you need someone. I promise i'll be there for you no matter how busy my schedule is." He raised up his right palm as though he was making an 'on the spot' vow. 

Hyejung let out a giggle and nodded her head. "Of course."

Jongin chuckled awkwardly. He took out a small paper from the pocket of his bomber jacket—which he looked stunning in—and handed it to Hyejung. 

She pulled it out of his fingers and asked, "What's this?" she read the note.

"That's my number." Hyejung stared at him with wide eyes. Jongin cleared his throat. 

"So you can talk to me if you want to. No pressure, seriously. It's just Kim Jongin here." he tried to joke to avoid the awkwardness of him giving away his number.

"Jongin-ah.. Is this really okay?" Hyejung asked worriedly. No doubt it was an honor to receive an idols' phone number, but wasn't their safety the greatest concern of EXO?

Jongin nodded his head and chuckled seeing her bewildered expression. 

"I trust you Hyejung." he told her while looking into her eyes. He knew she could be trusted just by staring into those sparkly eyes of hers. 

"And since you're technically our neighbor, it will come to a good use." he added.

Before Hyejung could reply, he felt a buzz on the back pocket of his jeans. "Hold on." he turned around to answer the call. 

He trusts me. Hyejung let out a breath. The pressure was too extreme although she was sure she could trust herself too. It's just the fact that he's a famous person that makes her pressured.

I swear, moving to Seoul is like, the best birthday present ever in my 19 years of living. She mentally cheered.

Jongin placed his phone back to where it was before and turned to face the girl again. "I gotta go right now sooooooo, take care alright, i'll see you soon!" He pinched her cheeks and patted them softly before rushing to the elevator.

"Thank you, Kim Jongin." she smiled and stared at the written number.

 


Double update! Because i made a mistake and am terribly embarrassed ^^v