Talking To Him

Dream Turned Into Reality

Author's POV

Hyejung didn't know what to do. She stayed in her room until the sun was starting to set as the thought of marriage stabbed her mind, making her have a throbbing headache. 

Marriage is such a huge responsibility. Marriage is where loyalty and commitment comes in. One has to be dedicated and faithful to keep the marriage in piece. But marriage is also not what Hyejung was quite ready for.

She's just 19. She doesn't have a job. She just graduated from college a few months ago and she's still living in her dreams, hoping and waiting for Jongin—although she was well aware of the feelings he had for her. 

But to be married to someone she didn't love was another thing that she didn't want to cross. She always told herself that if she does get married, her first marriage would be her last marriage because she only wanted to be with the person she truly loves forever. Not to be paired with the guy that her parents chose. 

It was her life. She had the rights to make her own decisions. Nobody can control her life except for god and herself. 

But why was she considering it then? 

Because Hyejung loved her dad as much as she loved herself that she wanted to grant his last wish. She didn't get to send him off, so she wanted to do him a favour by making his last wish happen. 

"You look even more beautiful than the last time i saw you. When was it? Like 2-3 years ago?" Jaehyun told her when she finally decided to get out of her room. 

They were sitting in the dining room, opposite each other as she takes a bite of her already cold dinner. She didn't feel like eating but her mum wasn't toning down on her nagging. She was practically forced to eat. 

Hyejung smiled softly as she shook her head. "You're just being nice aren't you? Well, thank you Jaehyun-ssi." she thanked politely. Jaehyun had to be one of the nicest and kindest person she had ever met. And when she rejected his feelings 3 years ago, she felt like a total for not being able to return his feelings. 

He was a nice and handsome man. He could even be EXO Kai's rival if he entered the music industry in South Korea because he had the looks as well. He resembled 2PM's Nickhun by A LOT which explains why Hyejung earned her own haters in college when she rejected him.

Jaehyun laughed and said, "Ayee, what's with the formalities Hyejung? Just call me Jaehyun.. Jaehyun oppa." 

Hyejung almost choked on her food but he quickly passed her a glass of water to which she chugged down in one shot. "Mian.. I must have caught you off guard huh?" 

She shook her head vigorously and patted with a napkin. She waved her hands frantically in front of him and said, "No, no! Sorry, i think they put too much chilli in here.." She let out an awkward laugh. 

She was surprised. Oppa? They weren't even close to begin with. 

"Ahhh.." he nodded his head although he wasn't buying it. "So how are you Hyejung? How was Seoul?" he asked like he genuinely cared for her.

"I'm fine.. I mean, besides my dad's death, i think i'm alright.. And Seoul.." she released a calm sigh at the flashing images of people she met in there.  "I love it there. There's really nothing not to love.. The food, the music... The people." The memory of Jongin kissing her cheeks crossed her mind.

"Wow, i guess you really like it there. I could see the spark in your eyes when you told me about it." they both chuckled. "So, when are you going back?"

"In a week.. I don't think i should leave mum alone at this state.." she told him sadly. 

Jaehyun nodded his head. "She needs you Hyejung." 

"Yeah.. She's the only reason why i'm staying a little longer." she admitted.

"The only reason? What about me?" Jaehyun tilted his head with a crooked grin. 

"What about you?" Hyejung asked bluntly. She almost forgot about her father's wish.

"Your mum didn't tell you?" he asked and he looked more attentive than he was before. As though the marriage topic was something he had been wanting to talk to her about.

"Tell me wh- Ohhhh." her lips formed an 'O' when she understood what he meant. So she already knows.. Jaehyun fell back into his sit, more relaxed now. If Mrs Song didn't tell her about it, he had no idea how he was going to explain to her the whole situation.

"The marriage.." she whispered.

"How are you dealing with it?" he asked.

"I really don't know Jaehyun-ssi." she admitted as her shoulders slumped.

"Oppa." he corrected.

"Oppa...." she reluctantly said. "Did you agree to this?" she asked.

He raised his shoulders briefly and explained, "I had to Hyejung.. Your parents helped me a lot in terms of my finance, job, family.. I've been struggling for the past few years but your parents.. They're the reason why i'm still surviving in this competitive world." he confessed.

She nodded her head. "I understand."

"I'm so sorry Hyejung. If i knew you didn't like the idea of this marriage, I wouldn't have agreed." he said.

"No, it's okay really. You're just trying to pay them back for their nobleness." she smiled. "But can you give some time to reconsider it? I just need some time to think.. Marriage... It's a really huge commitment for me, oppa.." she told him the truth. 

"Okay.. And since you're being honest with me, i might as well tell you the truth.." Jaehyun said.

He looked into her eyes and said, "My feelings for you hasn't changed since the last time i talked to you."

~~~

The week flew by oddly slow but Hyejung definitely took the time to do some deep thinking and analysing. She even wasted a lot of her time with Jaehyun, because her mum insisted that they spend the rest of the week to know each other better. Hyejung would prefer the word 'wasted' because it was all done against her own will. 

She wouldn't say that the week with him was that terrible and boring, because it simply wasn't. But she also wouldn't say that she enjoyed it completely. Jaehyun was a fun person to be around with but to be forced to enjoy one's company was something she despised.

Spending time with him allowed her to analyse his traits and qualities as a human being. She liked that he didn't only think about her but was also very thoughtful about her mum. She liked that he was patient despite her unpredictable personality. She liked that he would smile to any stranger that passed by and put a smile on their face as well.

But she disliked that he wasn't someone she wanted to be with. She disliked that even with the nice guy in front of him, she still chose Jongin. Her feelings were fixed and she couldn't seem to get Jongin out of her mind. 

She missed him dearly. But the marriage and the confession was about to make her mind explode. What is she to do now? If she did either of it, she would still be breaking three hearts. 

Jongin's POV

A week passed and i still haven't receive any text from Hyejung. The last text i got from her was during the last day of our camping trip when i tried to comfort her. Mrs Seo told us that she went back to Canada for her father's funeral and would only be back here in a week.

I was wretched of course. First, she didn't text to tell me how she was doing. Second, she didn't tell me about her leaving for Canada. She was required to go back for sure but some sort of notice would have been comforting. Not that i could send her off but, i just wanted to know.

I may be over-protective right now but i like her. And if EXO's Kai likes someone, it's a one in a million situation that rarely comes by. 

I don't see Chanyeol and Sehun being as cranky as i was though. I act as if she was for sure going to accept my confession but I wouldn't know that when she hasn't talked to me. 

It's funny because i was the busier one here but i still have the time to worry over a girl. But hey, that just proves that i can always make our relationship work, if it happens. 

I walked out the elevator alone. I was the first to go home because i wasn't feeling to well. In fact, i haven't been feeling good for the past few days and it must be because of missing the girl too much. 

"Jongin-ah!" i heard Mrs Seo call out for me before i could even push the door open. I turned around swiftly and looked at her peeking out the door.

"Hyejung just called and she told me she's coming home tomorrow!" she yelled from her side.

I widened my eyes and unplugged the earphones from my ears. I ran to her and was surprised to know that i still had some energy hidden me. It must be the Hyejung effect. "REALLY?" i grasped onto Mrs Seo's shoulders.
 
"Aigoo.. You like her that much?" she scowled jokingly. "Yes she's coming home tomorrow pretty boy." she smirked at me and just hearing her say it the second time made me jump. I hugged her excitedly and pecked her on the cheeks before running into my own apartment. 

"WOOHOO!" i jumped. "Thank you Mrs Seo!!" i said before closing the door fully. 

After a week that seemed like a year to me, i'm going to see my crush again! I'm going to meet my Jung Hyejung again! And i'm going to tell her how much i missed her and how much i liked her and just everything i've been wanting to tell her. 

Man, i really like her. I dropped to the ground with my back against the door. I really really like her. 

Sorry hyung, sorry Sehun, but i'm going to make her mine.

 


I won't be updating much because school is starting and i'm going to be very busy this year.. This is depressing.. :-/ I'll try to update as much as i can if i have the time! So sorry guys, this fanfic will definitely still continue but i'll take a while to update.. You can check out my other stories though! Take care guys! :-)