Caught

Dream Turned Into Reality

Hyejung's POV

"No it's okay, i can go there myself.. Yeah, i'm sure.. See you there." i hung up.

Jaehyun called. If it wasn't mum pestering me about the marriage, it just had to be Jaehyun. I didn't bother calling him back although i received 12 missed calls from him. I know it was rude of me but every time i think of him, it only makes me boil in anger for every second that passed.

I don't like being this way. I was pressured to make a decision. I wanted to do things as proper as a princess and hope that everything will go well despite my decision. But that's only possible if he understands the situation.

Jaehyun likes me but i don't feel the same for him. I can't tell him it's because i'm already in love with someone else. I can't tell him especially when the one i love has a title of his own and is crazy famous worldwide. That will only ruin Jongin's reputation and the whole of EXO. 

I don't want to be the reason for the drop in their popularity and the downfall in their career. They've worked so hard for this. For years, they trained their butts off to get to where they are now. I don't one to be that one reason that destroys their success.

I've already made my decision— to put a stop to the wedding and accept Jongin. I think i deserve to run my own life instead of having my parents do it. 

Because at the end of the day, it is my life afterall. 

I was determined to make things happen between Jongin and i but i couldn't seem to stop worrying. I was afraid of what Jaehyun might say and i was afraid being with Jongin would only accumulate more work for him.

Relationships are hard. And i want my first to be the last. I want a relationship that will last till marriage.

I can want anything in my life but it would only be possible to earn it if we're both willing to sacrifice a few things. I was certain that i would be the one who has to make more sacrifices if things do happen between us.

He is an idol and i'm just a fan who supports him from behind.

Jongin was determined to make things work and i was too. But i was afraid. What if things don't work out? 

What if things are totally out of our control and all that's left to do is hurt each other? I was excited to have a future with him but based on my own observations and stories told, love can be a wonderland or a tale full of lies.

Author's POV

Hyejung got ready for the day. 
She would be meeting Taeyong first before meeting Jaehyun.

In conjunction to the cold weather, she wore a red turtle neck with white jeans and a brown trench coat over it. 

She came out of her room looking fresh and dressed.

Mrs Seo greeted her with a 'good afternoon' and patted her on the . It was a routine that neither of them want to change.

"That's for you." she said as soon as she saw Hyejung staring at the bouquet of chocolates. Not a bouquet of flowers but a bouquet of a mixture of milk and dark chocolate.

"Who is this from?" she picked up the bouquet and admired it with a smile.

"Who else would it be if it isn't the crush of your life?" Mrs Seo rolled her eyes.

Hyejung turned to look at Mrs Seo and let out a giggle. "I promise to share every one of it with you!" she hugged Mrs Seo from the back happily. She wasn't embarrassed to show off her ultimate excitement. She knew Mrs Seo wouldn't judge her in any single way.

"Forget it, you like it that much don't you?" Mrs Seo teased and pinched her cheeks.

Hyejung smiled sheepishly and made a mental note to herself to call Jongin later.

"Where are you heading to darling?" 

Hyejung placed her bouquet down and took a sit in the dining room to eat her brunch. Mrs Seo wasn't able to join her since she was too engrossed in perfecting her chocolate chip muffins.

"I'm meeting a few people today. Yes umma, i'll be socializing a lot but only for today.." She leaned her head on her arms as she started playing with her food instead of actually gobbling them down like she always does.

She didn't mention about Jaehyun because not a single soul in Seoul knows about the marriage. She was going to put an end to it before anyone finds out.

"Your mum would be glad to hear that, wouldn't she?" Hyejung smiled weakly.

The only thing mum would be glad to hear is me accepting the marriage, umma.. 

~~~

The evening was just about to begin but the sun was already setting so quickly that the night was nearing. The initial plan was for  Hyejung and Jaehyun to meet early in the morning just so that she could quickly clear things out of the way. But things didn't go as planned because Jaehyun had work to take care of before meeting her. Besides she had planned to meet Taeyong to have a little chat anyway.

Jaehyun's delay to meet her made her reflect on how her life would turn out to be if she married a businessman. A man who has interest on the complete opposite of what she has. 

With a heavy heart and ton of weight on her shoulders, Hyejung sat at the very back of the bus as she made her way to the restaurant. It was a fancy 5 star restaurant that has the best handmade dumplings in town.

Even though Hyejung suggested that they talk at somewhere more private and reserved, Jaehyun insisted that they met at the restaurant.

He wanted to buy his fiance-to-be a delicious dinner while enjoying the luxury of the place.

He certainly had no clue of what was coming. 

Hyejung arrived earlier and she settled down at the table specifically reserved for the two of them. 

For a fancy and expensive place, she felt like she wasn't dressed up enough. The place wasn't packed but the noise radiated from the group of people in the corner of the room made it seem like she was about to have a meal in the middle of the night market.

Looking down on her thighs, Hyejung nervously played with her fingers as she thought through all the things she planned to say.

"You look pretty.." 

Hyejung looked up to see Jaehyun all well dressed in a black blazer and white buttoned shirt under it with a loose blue tie hung around his neck.

She wasn't affected by his compliment but decided that she should remain polite despite her decisions and feelings for him.

As Jaehyun pulled out his seat, Hyejung stood up, gave him a respectful bow which was followed by a thin smile. Her smile portrayed the seriousness of their meet up and how intense the talk could get.

She wasn't there to be all smiley and happy. This was a decision that  would either shape her future or disrupt the existing elements of it. 

"You don't have to be so formal Hyejung.." he laughed and took a sit.

Hyejung let out an awkward chuckle and asked herself why she was suddenly being so formal to the guy in front of her.

She wasn't always this serious about things.

"Before you say anything-" Hyejung sat silently as she looked at Jaehyun pull out a paper bag from the ground.

He took out a white card from the bag and placed it vertically on the table with his hands still holding onto it.

Her eyes showed her confusion to what she saw. She tilted her head slightly as she examined the card slowly. 

"What's that?" she expressed her confusion with a weak laugh. 

Jaehyun pushed the card towards her to which she grabbed it with reluctance.

Of course, she knew what it was the moment she saw it. She just didn't want to admit to herself that what she saw, was what it is.

Their wedding invitation.

"Our wedding invitation."

Hyejung's POV

Wedding invitation...

I glanced at Jaehyun and I couldn't stand to see the excitement in his eyes as he tries to read my expression.

I know he expected me to be as excited as he was. I knew he was anticipating more from me rather than an awkward chuckle that could be the most insincere thing he has ever heard. 

I'm pretty sure it was.

"Wedding invitation..." i said softly and added a hint of weariness in my voice.

I wanted to make sure that he knew what i was trying to signal out to him. 

Almost immediately, his shoulders slump and the broad smile he had earlier on slowly faded away.

"You don't like it?" he asked with concern.

I felt like a total twit for having to destroy his hopes. I acknowledge his feelings but i can't accept him when my heart belongs to another. Guilt and sadness rushed through my body as i inspected his face.

Every single soul in this world deserves to be loved by someone they love. 

"That's not it.." i said and released the card to the table.

Jaehyun gave me a look that I couldn't distinguish. It looked like a mixture of confusion, frustration and disappointment all at the same time.

I gulped.

In preparation for the deep talk, i sat up straight and pushed myself forward to the point that my ribcage was pressing against the edge of the table.

"Jaehyun, i-"

"Your mum designed it.. Isn't it beautiful? It took a while for her to come up with this.." I could actually tell it was mum's work. The cursive golden words and the lace details on the card gave it away. 

In addition, there was a cute little ribbon of a baby blue colour pasted on the top of the front cover of the card. I knew my mum. Her love blue and gold was insane.

"I like it a lot.. Do you?" he asked carefully, again, expecting me to feel the same thing as he did.

"I-" 

I was cut off before i could even utter a full sentence.

"She put a lot of effort into this Hyejung.. Even after what happened with your dad, it's so nice to see her back on track and enthusiastic again." he admitted. 

A sweet and caring smile shone on his face. He looked really genuine that i felt bad for not having the same thoughts towards my mum. 

"Yeahh.." i nodded.

I bit my lips. He kept quiet for a moment and i took that as an opportunity to speak out the truth.

"Jaehyun, i need to tell you something." i said after a heavy sigh.

I was taken aback when he suddenly placed his hands over mine and grazed them softly.

I was thrown off by the gesture that i couldn't say a word.

"I have a feeling i know what you're going to say.." 

I looked at him.

"I know this may be a rush to you.. I know this is not what you want but if you can't do this for me, at least do it for your mum Hyejung.."

I stayed silent.

"I know you don't feel the same for me.. But that's okay, we can always make things work.. There are so many arranged marriages out there and even some of those couples start off as complete strangers. They don't know a thing about each other and yet they're married.. But they grew to love each other.. So i don't see why that can't happen to us.." 

He was precise in some parts but I couldn't just nod at let him think i agree with everything he said.

I had to voice out my part next. 

"Marriage.. Marriage is a-"

"Hyejung?" It wasn't Jaehyun but it sounded so familiar that it made uncomfortable.

I paused and turned my head to look at the owner of the voice.

My heart was racing in panic, making me pull my hand away from Jaehyun immediately.

I quickly stood up as i came face to face with him.

"J-Jongin?" i stuttered. 

His eyes moved from me to Jaehyun and then back to me again. He furrowed his eyebrows, making me even more nervous as I couldn't comprehend what he was thinking at that moment. 

I just hoped and prayed silently that he wouldn't misunderstand the situation.

"Who is this?" he asked quickly after seeing our little skin contact.

He looked into my eyes, his gaze piercing into mine as he tried to find an answer before i could say it out.

"He's no-" 

"I'm her fiance." Jaehyun answered.

 


UPDATE!!! 

GUYS

EXO'S COMEBACK IS INSANE!!!!

I WAS BLOWN AWAY!! AHHHHHHHH!

EXO'S MONSTER HAD MY BODY TWITCHING AT EVERY BEAT GOSH

Well, the first time I watched it i was shrieking silently, biting my nails and being a total shy fangirl. PFFTT

and then i watched it again and BAM! Gosh, they're so good. I LOVE IT SO MUCH AAHHHHHHH

i swear to god, i keep wondering how good their next comeback would be and how it couldn't be as good as the previous one but HECK NO

THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER

ok ok, i needa chill

alright guys, love exo till the end! hope u enjoyed the drama! mwehehehehe, the best is yet to come. don't you worry gal

love u guys and take care of yourselves okay! -xoxo, pizzalove :-)